Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those sorry SOBs. I'm pissed because I went today to try to ride for the first time. One of the workers must have sneezed on the car so they had to run water dummy tests all day to recalibrate it.

I don't hate it I have ridden it 7 times. I just am enjoying seeing Universal trying to figure this thing out. I mean you paid 10's of millions of dollars for a roller coaster and you can't make it work. Other parks have had the same issues, Busch Gardens with Drachen Fire, Six Flags with Deja Vu any idea were those coasters are now?

Some one at the Roller Coaster Company needs to be brought to Universal and Fired in front of a crowd of coaster fans.

I don't hate it I have ridden it 7 times. I just am enjoying seeing Universal trying to figure this thing out. I mean you paid 10's of millions of dollars for a roller coaster and you can't make it work. Other parks have had the same issues, Busch Gardens with Drachen Fire, Six Flags with Deja Vu any idea were those coasters are now?

Some one at the Roller Coaster Company needs to be brought to Universal and Fired in front of a crowd of coaster fans.

He shall recieve a flogging!

Anyone hoping to ride Rockit at USF... it's closed for testing again, has been all week. the good news is that it may open Sat w/ more cars

This ignorant chick tried to feed me a load of bull. I went up to ask if they would reopen later in the day and of course she said no. At that point my family joined me and commented on how it had been closed Friday as well. She flat out said it wasn't closed Friday and hasn't been at all.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Maybe they were installing the Backyard Bone element.

Anyone familiar?

No idea to be honest. It's going to dip below 60 degrees for a few days and Rockit apparently won't run when it gets below that mark.

No idea to be honest. It's going to dip below 60 degrees for a few days and Rockit apparently won't run when it gets below that mark.

Since I've gotten my camera fixed, and finally figured out the complex aspect ratios, I'll try to contribute next week. :thumbs: Or tomorrow.

That's a big fail for Universal if they have to close their newest attraction, which "opened" in Summer, for the busiest week of the year. For no other reason than the temperature is below 60. How many visitors are going to swallow that?

Weather in Orlando for the next 10 days:

Sun: High: 59 Low: 40 Partly Cloudy :look:
Mon: High: 62 Low: 42 Partly Cloudy :look:
Tue: High: 67 Low: 45 Sunny :look:
Wed: High 72 Low 58 Mostly Sunny :look:
Thu: High 75 Low 66 Scattered T-Storms :look:
Fri: High 76 Low 53 Scattered T-Storms :look:
Sat: High 65 Low 51 Mostly Cloudy :look:
Sun: High 65 Low 50 Sunny :look:
Mon: High 66 Low 54 Mostly Sunny :look:

:lol: I wouldn't count out the entire week. Scattered means scattered....... Two days means two days, I mean, ask Tbad/DirtyApes. :rotfl:

Last edited:
I read on another forum that a new anti-rollback device was installed to prevent the valleying issue, and that once they have fixed this they can start using the moving load platform.

According to the online wait times, the ride is open and not just up and running. That's great that they finally got this running in the "cold". I'm sure it will be below 60 degrees when I go next week and would have been ticked if this was closed.