Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Im more on the metal music side and so is Rock N roller try listing metal its alot better than rap and pop.

I like metal, but not heavy metal. Heavy metal sounds like a bunch of screaming.

I haven't ridden Rockit yet, but I just looked at the song list and wow! Could they have picked a crappier crop of songs?

There is some good songs on the hidden list. There are some good Metalica songs on it and other songs. Here is a link: http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2009/08/20/hidden-songs-confirmed-on-rip-ride-rockit-coaster

Hope they put more metal songs on there.

I would love to see some metal added. Lets see Slipknot, Lamb of God, Metallica, Slayer, old Korn, and maybe even some Drowning Pool. Also would love to hear some AC/DC, Nickelback, Chili Peppers, and Smashing Pumpkins.

The music system runs off windows CE....very easy to swap some music in and out on that system....the problem is universal actually caring enough to do it. I wish they changed the secret songs more often since the people that know about it are usually the ones going a lot and would like some new offerings.

It sounds like you guys may get your wish. In a media interview today with Rip Ride Rockit designer, Louis Alfieri, he said the following:

"a lot of things in store" for Rockit & Halloween to be announced soon!

Meh if it's music just for HHN that's disappointing, but I guess it supports the rumors when it first opened that the music would be ever changing for seasons.

--- Update ---

EDIT : you know what, i figured out how we can change music on it.

buy an ipod, put it in your pocket and choose what you want to listen to.

guess what it works on other roller coasters as well !!!

Reactions: mantaguy
from Screamscape:

Good news for fans of the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit coaster as Screamscape has heard that as-of-yet unannounced upgrades are in the work for the ride as well as a slew of new audio tracks. It seems many new artists and labels who may have been opposed to the idea of getting involved with the Rockit the first time have changed their tune and are chomping at the bit to get their tracks on the ride now. It was also alluded to that we could first see some changes made to the ride in time for Halloween as “seasonal” upgrades are also being planned.

when i went to universal on tuesday the line was only 15 minutes, hopefully the line will stay like that for a while
i bet the music is going to be midnight syndicate

Possible Halloween Songs:

Thriller (doubt it)
Somebody's Watching Me
Monster Mash
Nightmare on My Street (will smith)
Time Warp