Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode a few weeks ago and my sister's audio didn't work so we had to ride again. BOTH times it was extremely rough. However, the second time was so bad I remember comparing it to Meanstreak at Cedar Point. If you've never rode Meanstreak, it's a huge old ass wooden coaster from the depths of hell. Just imagine being in a car crash..... For three strait minutes.

I rode a few weeks ago and my sister's audio didn't work so we had to ride again. BOTH times it was extremely rough. However, the second time was so bad I remember comparing it to Meanstreak at Cedar Point. If you've never rode Meanstreak, it's a huge old ass wooden coaster from the depths of hell. Just imagine being in a car crash..... For three strait minutes.

Hahaha pretty much. There were just certain points on the ride that the whole car just shook, and those huge lap bars don't help either. Someone needs to start an onride petition to get new cars for this ride. Premier would do a great job in my opinion.

For the record... I happen to like Mean Streak... :look:

I still have not gotten this rough car everyone speaks of... If I've ridden it over a dozen times, what are the chances? :lol:

I do too... Then again, I also happen to blindly like anything Cedar Point does. :lol:

And I actually REALLY like the cars and restraints Rockit has...in fact, the Rockit cars are my favorite coaster cars I've ridden in.

I love the cars, but the fact that they're having this many problems bug me. I personally have only had the "rough cars" once out of the, oh gosh, probably close to 80 times I've ridden, so I guess I'm just lucky?

I am a huge fan of the ride and really do like the train design, but the risk of getting a rough ride makes me less likely to ride when I'm at the park. :mean:
The inconsistency upsets me because it really will ruin my day if I get a rough ride on it.

I am a huge fan of the ride and really do like the train design, but the risk of getting a rough ride makes me less likely to ride when I'm at the park. :mean:
The inconsistency upsets me because it really will ruin my day if I get a rough ride on it.

I feel so out of it when I read (one of many) comments like this. Not just roughness on Rockit, but on any coaster. I've seriously never experienced any painful roughness on any coaster, and I've frequented the likes of Cedar Point, Kings Island (yep, even the pair of Beasts), Busch Gardens, and all the Uni/Disney parks. Gwazi and Mean Streak and Son of Beast are ROUGH, sure, but to me it's a good type of slight pain (does that even make sense?) I've ridden the "rough" car on Rockit, and yes it's much bumpier and slightly less fun than the other cars - but it's never produced actual pain for me.

I guess it's just because I'm young... though I do have some very minor back/spinal issues, for what it's worth. Here's hoping riding roller coasters never starts becoming more painful than fun...

I hate this ride. The first half is a decent track layout, the second half is about as much fun as ridding yourself of eye-boogers in the morning. Last time I rode it it was super rough (not Gwazi rough but really dang jarring) and the music selector was acting a fool. I deliberately selected "Rolling" by Limp Bizkit and got Kenny Chesney instead. Thanks, RRR, for letting me "live in fast forward." :bang:

I do too... Then again, I also happen to blindly like anything Cedar Point does. :lol:

I knew I wasn't the only one who liked Mean Streak! :thumbs:

I haven't ridden Rockit since last summer, but I still don't get all this "rough ride" situation. For me, some rides on this were a bit rattly, but nothing too bad. Maybe I'm just lucky? :lol:

I hate this ride. The first half is a decent track layout, the second half is about as much fun as ridding yourself of eye-boogers in the morning. Last time I rode it it was super rough (not Gwazi rough but really dang jarring) and the music selector was acting a fool. I deliberately selected "Rolling" by Limp Bizkit and got Kenny Chesney instead. Thanks, RRR, for letting me "live in fast forward." :bang:

The second half really does clash with the thrilling first half...The last part really begs for some small inversion..but family coasters seem to be the in-thing nowadays..I rode it Saturday and really enjoyed it (as always), not as smooth as ShieKra or Montu but not as bad as Gwazi either..

ps if you want a rough coaster all I have to say is Ninja at SFOG

The second half really does clash with the thrilling first half...The last part really begs for some small inversion..but family coasters seem to be the in-thing nowadays..I rode it Saturday and really enjoyed it (as always), not as smooth as ShieKra or Montu but not as bad as Gwazi either..

I haven't been on ANYTHING as rough as Gwazi. Even when Gwazi debuted it was rickety as crap. But it's not like I needed my spine to stay in alignment, so it's all good.

Yeah, the ride doesn't actually leave you with pain, it's just incredibly uncomfortable during the ride due to how jarring it is. I usually walk off with a slight headache from it. Hate to get off subject, but Gwazi was actually a lot of fun when they first got the Millennium Flyer trains, but after going on it in December, it's back to how bad it used to be. DAMN FLORIDA HUMIDITY!

I haven't been on ANYTHING as rough as Gwazi. Even when Gwazi debuted it was rickety as crap. But it's not like I needed my spine to stay in alignment, so it's all good.

Well, it is a wooden coaster. But I do agree it's one of the rougher woodies out there.

Ninja is by far the roughest coaster I've ever been on.