Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah they are definitely going a bit over the top with their reporting right now, and one would think they know exactly what the ride entails. I know from first hand experience that they have rented out the parks on several occasions.

I was thinking about finally trying this ride when I go in a few months. Definitely not happening now.

Looks like everyone is off now and techs are looking at it now. Anyone know if it was something caused by the new RV's or if it was something else?

I'm not sure the RVs would have anything to do with getting stuck, but if that indeed were the case, a new RV being the cause of this breakdown should have Uni evaluating this ride's existence.

You want to truly compete with Disney? You're making solid moves... but you have to get rid of this liability.

It's not even the liability. It's the fact that one of your "newer" rides looks horrible, has terrible reliability, and overall has a poor experience overall from the beginning of the line to the exit.

When I rode it that position, going straight up was actually the scariest part of the ride for me. I'd be freaked being stuck there for 45 minutes +.

Same, you could clearly see me mouthing "oh F&*£ing hell" on the on ride video.... I'd hate to be stuck there and I have every faith UOR is doing everything for these people right now!

This ride is getting tons of bad publicity now. I won't be too surprised if it suffers a similar fate as Busch Gardens Williamsburg's old Drachen Fire.

And that seems absolutely horrifying being stuck on the lift like that.

I like this ride and never really had any issue with it other than it being bumpy but count me in on the side of taking it down. They really cant put something much better there but please, prove me wrong.

Yeah, this is easily my favorite coaster I've been on but count me on the tear it down side. The fact that this occurred this soon after the new cars were installed is NOT a good sign for the ride. If they can't fix all the problems (which apparently, they can't), then they really should tear it down to prevent incidents like this from ever happening again. Safety of guests should come first. I'll miss the ride, but I'll always have my memories of riding it and that's good enough for me.

RT @UniversalORL: We're happy that our guests are safely off Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. We'll find out what happened & will reopen the ride as soon as we can.

:doh:

They're getting so much so right lately, they need to realize this is really pulling them down and taking away from all their progress and great accomplishments. They need a permanent solution to HRRR and we all know what that is.

:doh:

They're getting so much so right lately, they need to realize this is really pulling them down and taking away from all their progress and great accomplishments. They need a permanent solution to HRRR and we all know what that is.
And it would solve their land problem to an extent...2 birds, one stone...

Somebody please post on that FB deal "If Disney built new rides they would be susceptible to break downs as well" thanks! Then just a big middle finger with HTF on the knuckles...

Reactions: Brervixen