Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My hopeful conspiracy theory is they don't want to pay royalties for songs anymore and will signal the end of the ride.
Putting all my energy into this happening:
prayer-kenneth.gif

It's been open for 15 years lol

Easy way to save on costs, even if it's a small number

Is the main reason most-likely to save money on royalties? Probably. But the decision is easier if it also affects other aspects of the business. Maybe the thought has been there a while but nothing was done earlier due to the licensing contracts, who knows.

All I'm saying is if people frequently cause a ruckus because they didn't know they had to wear their 3D goggles on the 3D rides, I'm sure Rockit TMs/ Guest Services get yelled at because someone didn't pick the song they wanted to listen to in time.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
A shame, but they took out Daft Punk a long while back now so I lost my go-to tracks a long time ago. Now its Secret Menu or bust, hope they never mess with that feature.

Frankly surprised Disney lawyers have never sent at least a private cease and desist for the Muppet songs. Hope they never do, frankly!

Reactions: tankart150
All I'm saying is if people frequently cause a ruckus because they didn't know they had to wear their 3D goggles on the 3D rides, I'm sure Rockit TMs/ Guest Services get yelled at because someone didn't pick the song they wanted to listen to in time.
You’d be surprised, but not really. The reason new songs never got added is because people just didn’t (don’t?) care about that part of the experience. Rockit quietly gets really strong satisfaction scores and only really scores negative sentiment when it’s broken down. Honestly, if there’s gonna be any negative feedback about this change, I expect it to be about the queue (assuming there’s a shorter/more repetitive audio loop now).

I’m also fairly certain the queue only plays royalty free music now, but I haven’t had the chance to check personally

Kind of a bummer that they only have one song per genre now. Glad I rode it a couple weeks back with “Pump It” (Black Eyed Peas). I guess “Waterloo” is my go-to song now lol!

Honestly, I still like the ride, though it’s definitely been dwarfed by better coasters since my first ride on Rockit in 2010, especially at Universal with VelociCoaster and Hagrid being so amazing! That said, maybe it’s because of my high tolerance, but I don’t have as much of a problem with roughness on a coaster. For me, the problem is if my head is being thrown against restraints that… aren’t soft, to put it that way (Example: Green Lantern at SFGADV and Flight Deck at Canada’s Wonderland both giving me unpleasant experiences).

Kind of a bummer that they only have one song per genre now. Glad I rode it a couple weeks back with “Pump It” (Black Eyed Peas). I guess “Waterloo” is my go-to song now lol!

Honestly, I still like the ride, though it’s definitely been dwarfed by better coasters since my first ride on Rockit in 2010, especially at Universal with VelociCoaster and Hagrid being so amazing! That said, maybe it’s because of my high tolerance, but I don’t have as much of a problem with roughness on a coaster. For me, the problem is if my head is being thrown against restraints that… aren’t soft, to put it that way (Example: Green Lantern at SFGADV and Flight Deck at Canada’s Wonderland both giving me unpleasant experiences).
I refuse to ride Flight Deck anymore, just not worth the literal headache afterwards.

LOL wait, so the majority of the ride is just set to nothing but a slow piano?

Harder Better Faster Stronger was like this, too. No edits, just played the song from the beginning... so you spend most of the ride waiting for the momentum to pick up.

Wondering if some licenses allowed them to edit, and some didn't. But yeah, I wouldn't be picking songs with that sort of pacing if you can't edit the timing at all.

Harder Better Faster Stronger was like this, too. No edits, just played the song from the beginning... so you spend most of the ride waiting for the momentum to pick up.

Wondering if some licenses allowed them to edit, and some didn't. But yeah, I wouldn't be picking songs with that sort of pacing if you can't edit the timing at all.
This is why I preferred the Kanye Stronger version better. It just hit a lot harder with where it comes in

In that genre of music, I can’t think of any other song with such an unconventional start. If they were just blind picking songs of that type from that era they’d have >99% chance of choosing a better fit.

Hopefully it’s just a fixable programming issue because that would’ve been a fun and nostalgic song to pick.