Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 246 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it's a coaster built mostly out of limitation, but could a different (read: better) design come out of this plot of land? What would have to go to facilitate that?

Also, besides Super Silly Fun Land which I feel is against the core audience of this mid-level thrill coaster, what IP could the existing ride be rethemed to?

I know it's a coaster built mostly out of limitation, but could a different (read: better) design come out of this plot of land? What would have to go to facilitate that?

Also, besides Super Silly Fun Land which I feel is against the core audience of this mid-level thrill coaster, what IP could the existing ride be rethemed to?
Tbh, I think the current design/layout is unique given the space constraints. I think at this point, it's either they tear it down and not build a new coaster in its spot or they re-track it and upgrade everything like Hulk (which I guess would happen if a re-theme is imminent).

I've pondered a Minion/Super Silly Fun Land re-theme, but it honestly wouldn't make sense for it to travel into NY and CityWalk. And it doesn't fit with the family-friendly appeal of course.

Someone on here suggested re-theming it to F&F lol

I think re-tracking and/or retheming it wouldn't be a very good idea. It's a pretty average to mediocre coaster. Building a new coaster would be the way to go, even if it's in a different section of the park. USF is capable of making a much more impressive coaster these days.

This is a very popular coaster (with the GP) but its time is running out simply in terms of service life.

This coaster will almost definitely be torn down, whether a new one is built in that exact spot is dependent on what Universal’s future plans are and if having a coaster there would hinder that. This could be a great opportunity in terms of getting rid of the coaster there and putting a high thrill coaster somewhere else.

I think re-tracking and/or retheming it wouldn't be a very good idea. It's a pretty average to mediocre coaster. Building a new coaster would be the way to go, even if it's in a different section of the park. USF is capable of making a much more impressive coaster these days.
I strongly disagree with it being average to mediocre. I think it's a unique coaster and giving it a Hulk-type revamp would be great. Don't quote me on this, but I believe RRR's GSAT is high.

I guess they could build a new coaster where FF is or the backstage area next to MIB, but I think a major coaster in USF shouldn't be all the way in the back of the park.

I strongly disagree with it being average to mediocre. I think it's a unique coaster and giving it a Hulk-type revamp would be great. Don't quote me on this, but I believe RRR's GSAT is high.

I guess they could build a new coaster where FF is or the backstage area next to MIB, but I think a major coaster in USF shouldn't be all the way in the back of the park.
That's fair, I know RRR has it's fans. I just question if its popularity is attributed to it being the only traditional coaster in the park. To me it seems too intense to be a family coaster, but not thrilling enough to have a big appeal to coaster fans. I usually tend to skip it due to how rough it is (if it's not already closed due to wind). I don't dislike it, I just don't think there's anything special or compelling about it.

This is a very popular coaster (with the GP) but its time is running out simply in terms of service life.

This coaster will almost definitely be torn down, whether a new one is built in that exact spot is dependent on what Universal’s future plans are and if having a coaster there would hinder that. This could be a great opportunity in terms of getting rid of the coaster there and putting a high thrill coaster somewhere else.
Couldn't Universal expand the theme park with a new land where HRR is now and have a more compact coaster be part of the land? Maybe something like Tempesto at BGW?

If that is the case, I personally think that if HRRR goes, it will probably be replaced with another more modern coaster. I would think Universal probably wants to keep some sort of outdoor thrill coaster at USF, but I guess it is also entirely possible they could do away with a coaster in the spot and concede that type of ride to IOA and EU if they really wanted to put a land or lands there instead.

Retracking this coaster is very expensive and can't be promoted as a new coaster while costing as much as a new coaster, in other words, it would be a waist of money. Retheming, for the remainder of it's lifetime, could be advertised and could have a (minor) impulse for visitors to ride it again.

The Rip Ride Rockit lift hill and non-inverting loop are (I hate saying this) an icon of the resort - just look at every single piece of art they use for marketing. If Universal thinks they can create an even more iconic coaster, go ahead and tear this thing down and slap the F&F ip on it.

What would the new theme be? Fast and Furious? Super Silly Fun Land? Back to the Future?
If they are going to go with a thrill coaster, that would rule out SSFL/DM. I could very well see this being F&F assuming the IP is still going or relevant enough by the time they get to replacing HRRR.

Reactions: tankart150