Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you mean the side entrance right under the two block brakes, then yes, I use that entrance instead of the main one more often. It's excessively easier, haha.

I thought it had something to do with a waiting list.

It did. I found this here (back in December 2007, when it was a rumor):

Screamscape has heard a few new updates about the Hollywood Dream project. First off we’ve been informed that it was decided that this coaster will not be called Hollywood Dream. I didn’t think that the name would stay myself… but apparently they have yet to come up with a new suitable name at this point in time. Meanwhile some new construction permits have been seen filed from Universal for a “Project Rumble”, which I’m assuming is likely for this new coaster. The “Notice of Commencement” is for “Project Rumble Architectural Services” being contracted out to BRPH Architects. Their website doesn’t show much in the way of theme park related construction, but I’ve seen them credited before in the overall construction of Islands of Adventure, some Citywalk improvements, work at the Brevard Zoo and the new Shuttle Launch Experience attraction at Kennedy Space Center. I’m guessing that this early design work could perhaps be for a new large structure to take up the current Boneyard.
Now for a little bad news… B&M will apparently not be involved in this new coaster as they were unable to fit the project into their busy schedule for a 2009 completion date, leaving the bidding war between Premier Rides and Vekoma. The early buzz is that Vekoma may have made the winning bid, and I’m not sure I like the sound of that. Of course, the new style track Vekoma used on Expedition Everest did give a great smooth ride, so if they use a similar system on this ride things may turn out well. On a related note, we’ve also heard that Twister may not be the attraction to be removed after all… so now I’ve got to wonder if it’s really Jimmy Neutron getting the ax. Anyone know more?

I waited 4 hours for a rough train on Rockit. (I'm not very lucky.) I was also very ill informed so, reasoning is very helpful with this coaster. Oh, and yes I would still re-ride it.

I waited 4 hours for a rough train on Rockit. (I'm not very lucky.) I was also very ill informed so, reasoning is very helpful with this coaster. Oh, and yes I would still re-ride it.

This is going to sound weird but do you remember why you had to wait 4 hours. Only reason I am asking is because I had to wait about 3 hours and about 45 minutes on a Wednesday due to three to five breakdowns, three train operation, and one rain delay where the sky really came down. Just trying to see if your first experience was as awesome as mine.