Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm starting to keep hope that I'll get in on a soft opening in mid June. I think I'm going to go on June 12th because I want to avoid the extra crowds that Jordan Sparks will have on the 13th.

If they really started testing it at night i'll be surprised if it doesn't soft open at the beginning of June. Simpson's had a month of being soft opened before it officially opened and Manta is going to be about the same. I'd assume they are aiming for a similar pattern with RockIt

If they really started testing it at night i'll be surprised if it doesn't soft open at the beginning of June. Simpson's had a month of being soft opened before it officially opened and Manta is going to be about the same. I'd assume they are aiming for a similar pattern with RockIt

One would hope, right? It would be nice if it soft opened at the beginning of June, but that all depends on how much testing they're going to get done from now until then.

I think I understand the whole running it in the middle of the night testing if that's what is happening. The average park guest is dumb. You agree with me too, admit it. If they see the coaster running then the assumption is that it is open. They go to the coaster all excited to ride it. The nice team member who now hates life has to explain it about 1 billion times that it is just testing, opening soon, blah, blah, blah. Most guests although very disappointed understand, some guests complain to guest services, some guests throw two year old temper tantrums.

Bottom line is it creates a negative guest experience to have it "testing" but not being able to be experienced by the paying public. So if you can run it at night I totally understand why they would. Just my opinion!

Ok, 100 hours. I pressed the 0 one too many times. :lol:

That's still a little over 4 days non-stop. So what are they waiting for? If the rumors are correct, run this baby during the day as well! The sooner you get the ride open, the sooner the revenue comes pumping in.

That's what I would be doing. I would want to get that 100 hours out the way ASAP.

Soft openings in early June? One would hope...

I think I understand the whole running it in the middle of the night testing if that's what is happening. The average park guest is dumb. You agree with me too, admit it. If they see the coaster running then the assumption is that it is open. They go to the coaster all excited to ride it. The nice team member who now hates life has to explain it about 1 billion times that it is just testing, opening soon, blah, blah, blah. Most guests although very disappointed understand, some guests complain to guest services, some guests throw two year old temper tantrums.

Bottom line is it creates a negative guest experience to have it "testing" but not being able to be experienced by the paying public. So if you can run it at night I totally understand why they would. Just my opinion!

Hire a group of people to do that. Stimulate the economy, Universal. God knows Obama isn't helping. :lol:

The ride LEGALLY must be run 3000 times around the track according to the law. So, if the rumor is true and they are testing at night, they should be running it at least in the afternoon and into closing hours (and beyond) to get the maximum testing in before they decide the ride is safe for soft openings.

my guess is by next monday we'll see a video of this thing and it will be running during park hours. and im sure its been said before, but they better get this thing in soft runs by june or they'll be missing out on a lot of customers.

yea the suspense is killing me.

i dont know if anybody ask this earlier but why is there so many block brakes? that's been my downside with the ride

yea the suspense is killing me.

i dont know if anybody ask this earlier but why is there so many block brakes? that's been my downside with the ride

So they can run 4 trains at a time. To run that many you will need the ability to e-stop them throughout the run. Not sure if they will use them as trim breaks or not, but going off the one behind Twister at speed would be wicked.

So they can run 4 trains at a time. To run that many you will need the ability to e-stop them throughout the run. Not sure if they will use them as trim breaks or not, but going off the one behind Twister at speed would be wicked.

I'm hoping there will be VERY LITTLE in terms of trim brakes with all of the blocks on the ride. Like something similar to Hulk's e-stop block through the back loop will be amazing.

The only good part about the Hulk slowdown is when you sit near someone who says, Oh is it over, and then when it keeps going they start screaming their head off because they didn't think that they were going to move. I laugh every time someone does that.

I saw this pic on themeparkreview and it made me laugh:

It says rumble..lol.

sgmv5t.jpg

P.S.: The skyline is changed forever:
1gkn7d.jpg

Last edited:
Woah, I don't know if it's the fact that IOA is further away from the camera's point of view in that second picture, but it looks like Dueling Dragons (er, I mean Dueling Dragon and Potter) has been pwned when it comes to height. How high is that drop, anyway?