Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty much. I rode it at night back in September. What is lit up is beautiful, what isn't is dark and adds to the coaster experience. Totally different ride at night. The light show up the lift definitely adds to it. I rode during RTU during a performance and the lit-up stage with a huge energetic crowd is awesome.

Well now that clocks went back, the sun is now going down around 5:30. We jumped in line right when the park closed and waited to sit in the front row. By then, it was dark.

Thanks, I've been on 4 times but never at night. Hopefully I can experience it when I go this weekend.

New x-car designs announced at IAAPA.

"Maurer Soehne of Germany introduced a pair of modifications to their existing coasters: a spinning car model for its non-inverted looping track (used on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios Orlando) and a floorless version of its shoulder restraint-free X-Car train."

Full article on more rides:
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/ride-makers-roll-out-5870/

Ugh - I love Rockit, but would not want to be spinning while going along that track!

New x-car designs announced at IAAPA.

"Maurer Soehne of Germany introduced a pair of modifications to their existing coasters: a spinning car model for its non-inverted looping track (used on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios Orlando) and a floorless version of its shoulder restraint-free X-Car train."

Full article on more rides:
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/ride-makers-roll-out-5870/

Ugh - I love Rockit, but would not want to be spinning while going along that track!

Primeval Whirl track and initial concept + Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit(Hopefully not delayed at all) = Petrified, but a memorizing concept. I mean take a look at HRRR. The mainstream of Hardcore Universal fans thought "Production Central is Swamped now.", and the infamous "It will ruin the theming. The Anti-Rockiteers first ride thought, "There are kinks to be worked out at the moment, but it was an amazing view, or "Fun ride!" I myself have resulted as an HRRR supporter at all times, so the thought of this is like throwing Bittersweet Chocolate and and Nails in a blender. The rollercoaster turned out as a Valence, but who knows? It could continue to improve in quality when the coaster kinks are fixed, or maybe it will reduce HHN LINES! The Mauher coaster designs continue to Move forward at this time, As with this new Bulletin on Mauher Sohne's obvious leaps in the field, they will continue to innovate, and push Roller coaster Technology, the result will be a total Black stock graph. Soon....

So to those who thought that Hollywood Rip was a failure, look to the Horizon, and something bright will be in the future. Regardless.

800px-Post-sunset_horizon_from_aircraft.JPG

Shade Out. :thumbs:

I had my first nighttime ride tonight and enjoyed it more than during the day. The view is great, the lighting is entertaining and it's just an all around great experience. Everyone should try and get one ride on this at night. The ring lights turned on around 5, so you have about an hour to get a nighttime ride.

Last edited:
What Tbad stated is correct. The Lighting on the ride is out of this world. I've never seen anything like that on a rollercoaster. Ever. This ride is a one-of-a-kind experience at all Ages, weights, and sizes, regardless. If you're ever inside the Orlando Metro Area, bored, and need something to do, get the $99.99 seasonal pass. It will change your life.:lol:

HRRR Life Changing, Really? Have you ridden Sheikra/ Top Thrill Dragster? Spiderman? Haunted Mansion? ON a bus with Kevin(Disneyboi) Those are Life Changing, also if you have a gut you won't be riding the Life Changing HRRR.. Or if you go on the numerous days it is not running.

After riding RockIt at night a few times I will agree it is a better ride. I still feel like it's riding rough though and there is no excuse for a new ride being rough.

Yes I have spook, I love Sheikra, but its just something about the area I've lived in..... evolving. NOT kevin though. :lol: Yet.

I rode rockit for the first time today and it enjoyed it. What I did not enjoy was the wait in line. They three trains going and it took 45 minutes in the single riders line which ended at the top of the stairs of the station. We got up there and it looked like it would have taken 5 or 10 minutes tops. Nope!

But dancing like an idiot to No Doubt-Hella Good made it all better.

Last edited: