Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hong Kong Disneyland

Brilliant storytelling, stellar effects and incredible everything...wow. How Disney can even allow attractions like Little Mermaid to be constructed when the potential is so much higher is beyond me.

I think it all has to do with the $$$$. It seems like they have free reign over there to spend and yet here everything is penny pinched to the extreme

Amazing. Just amazing. Classic Disney style attraction with modern technology. I'm happy to see WDI create such a great attraction with original characters, great effects, and a great theme. I'm glad to see that WDI can still create attractions like this. Why something like this is not at WDW, I don't know. Albert is such a cool character, and like Skip said in another thread, he would be a great mascot for AK. I've only seen a few pictures and videos of him and he is already one of my favorite Disney characters of all time.

WOW!!! :jaw: :died:

Knowing what sits across the Pacific compared to what we get over here just makes me even more bitter at the penny pinching happening. This is such an amazing attraction. I hope I'm lucky enough to make it across the Pacific to visit the Asian parks.

WOW!!! :jaw: :died:

Knowing what sits across the Pacific compared to what we get over here just makes me even more bitter at the penny pinching happening. This is such an amazing attraction. I hope I'm lucky enough to make it across the Pacific to visit the Asian parks.

The penny pinching astonishes me. Another amazing thing about it is that Frank Welker is the voice of Albert.

That attraction is everything that a brand new E-ticket should be. Take note, Universal, all other Disney Parks worldwide, and anyone else willing to step up to the plate. That is a true dark ride, with all the technological advancements and use of screens only enhancing what is already being seen.

But let's be honest, penny pinching is the definition of the creation of HKDL. HKDL opened with NOTHING and got very little attendance in return. This, like Radiator Springs Racers in DCA, is the product of some real scrambling to get HKDL guests what people really go to the parks for: incredible visceral experiences like this one.

The ride had elements that reminded me of the queue for Forbidden Journey. This is how incredible a Hogwarts ride-thru could have been.