Horror Movies Thread | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dude how do you go about going to test screenings? lol
Also different websites you can sign up for. Sometimes you'll get lucky to get a movie premiere ticket & hope they need seat fillers. That's how I ended up attending the San Andreas & Kong: Skull Island premieres.

Then I got hired at Chinese Theatre & had to deal with the premieres & film festivals.. :skull:

I'm not thrilled about a remake of a remake that was already perfect with/without the alternate ending

I'm very curious to see where this goes because it could either be really good or really bad. At least the rumored Halloween angle gives it something fresh

Reactions: belloq87
A. Imaginary was awful. Just awful. Don’t waste your time and your money. 1 STAR

B. Saw an advanced screening of Late Night with the Devil last night. My thoughts:

Set on Halloween night 1977, Jack Delray (David Dastmalchian) is the host of late night talk show Night Owls. While the show premiered at the number 2 spot behind The Late Show, it’s now found itself at #39. Personally tested after a tragedy, Jack is back, and he has a very special Halloween episode planned, one he hopes will finally help him beat Carson. The broadcast spirals wildly out of control as supernatural forces interfere.

Late Night with the Devil is directed and written by Cameron and Colin Cairnes (100 Bloody Acres). The film is very much in the same vein as ‘Ghostwatch’. From the production design (Otello Stolfo) to the cinematography (Matthew Temple) to the 4:3 aspect ratio, Late Night feels like you are watching a real 70s late night talk show. The proceedings aren’t the scariest stuff you’ll see, but they are plenty freaky, intense, and shocking.

Rhys Auteri fits the role of Gus McConnell, the second-man to Jack, very well. He is believable and humourous. He feels like a real second-man you’d find on a talk show. Georgina Haig is empathetic and memorable as Jack’s wife, Madeleine. She makes the most out of her limited screen time. Laura Gordon is very likable as June Ross-Mitchell, a doctor who has been treating a young girl who might be possessed. She has concerns and qualms with Jack’s plans for the evening. Finally, Ingrid Torelli is unsettling and freaky as Lily D’Abo, said possessed girl. She has her own plans for the broadcast, as Jack will soon find out.

While all of the cast do great jobs, it’s David Dastmalchian as struggling, desperate talk show host Jack Delroy who commands the screen and runs away with the show. Dastmalchian is incredibly likable, charismatic, and funny in the role (Oh yes, Late Night isn’t afraid to be quite funny at times). He makes for a perfect talk show host, to the point where I would be thrilled if he were to actually become one in real life. I’d watch every episode.

Late Night with the Devil does suffer from some pacing issues, as it’s structured like an actual talk show with BTS footage sprinkled throughout. That said, it’s always a ton of fun and it isn’t afraid to get weird. There’s also minimal CGI, relying mostly on practical effects. Complete with a shocking ending, Late Night is sure to be an absolute crowd pleaser. It’s a very cool film. Horror fans are in for a treat! Late Night with the Devil premieres in theaters on March 22. It drops on Shudder close to a month later on April 19. Either way is a great way to watch this soon-to-be cult classic. SEE IT WHEN YOU CAN!

4.5 STARS

Greatest cinematic universe incoming

I love that they've created a twisted fairytale mini-movie-verse. I'm amused that Pinocchio uses the same title as the house from Knott's Scary Farm lol..

One minor thing... wasn't Bambi a girl? If so, why did they include antlers!? *sigh*

Not sure why anyone should complain about horror versions considering 75-90% of most fairytales were gruesome stories to frighten children into behaving. Not the glitter-covered Disney versions. There have been other horror adaptations in the past, let's not pretend this is the first.

Not sure why anyone should complain about horror versions considering 75-90% of most fairytales were gruesome stories to frighten children into behaving.
I don't think anyone is objecting to making a scary version of a classic fairytale (particularly anything from the Grimm's playbook). But these movies are aiming for a truly dull and unfunny lane more regularly occupied by rejected SNL sketches than green lit films.

I don't feel like they're meant to be comedies, campy yes, but not comedy. So unfunny is kind of expected. The first outing wasn't dull, it had a really creative storybook style setup, but trying to play it safe because of Disney backlash fear hindered the film a tiny bit. Could the narrative been slightly better? Definitely. But this was a successful film for a limited release, no matter how many want to dump on it.

I was able to pick up on a few blink & you miss it Pooh personality quirks snuck in. It wasn't until halfway through that I realized the fate of Eeyore (the whipping scene being his tail). Poor depressed Donkey. RIP (should've been Rabbit!)

If Tigger doesn't "bouncy-bouncy-bouncy" someone to death, then I'll be disappointed lol.. but in all seriousness though, I'm not a gore type person (at least one scene i had to look away lol), but I'm giving these a chance due to it being something "different".

I don't feel like they're meant to be comedies, campy yes, but not comedy. So unfunny is kind of expected. The first outing wasn't dull, it had a really creative storybook style setup, but trying to play it safe because of Disney backlash fear hindered the film a tiny bit. Could the narrative been slightly better? Definitely. But this was a successful film for a limited release, no matter how many want to dump on it.
It is my opinion that the movie is both unfunny (and it is trying to be funny) and dull. And it's my opinion that these follow-ups will tread similar ground.

Reactions: imagin78
They should have released an EP of the terrible rap group from Leprechaun: In Da Hood when the movie came out. Listening to bad music can be fun sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Question for the group, what’s everyone seeing this weekend?

My first choice is Late Night With The Devil, however, there’s only 2 showings per night with already abysmal available seats.

Immaculate has more showings and, thus, more availability.

Is anyone heading to both? If you were only going to one, which would you pick? Please help me choose!!

Reactions: Jake S