Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bringing the conversation over here, and of course let's keep it civil.

I genuinely think FNaF is a perfect fit at the event, and the 'middle schooler' argument doesn't hold much weight. As I stated previously, most of the core audience that grew up with FNaF are now young adults or about to be, just as with Stranger Things.

Not to mention, FNaF's story is genuinely rather disturbing when you really stop and think about it, and should never really be considered kid-friendly IMO (it's literally about a serial killer who targets children). Plus the game that just released, Into the Pit, gets surprisingly bloody and mature, and the next mainline game, Secret of the Mimic, is looking to go back to the franchise's roots and dive more into being a dreadful psychological horror.

TL;DR- I think FNaF would be perfect at HHN. Just please don't put it in F&F.f

five nights at Freddy's is one of my biggest wishes for hhn. I truly beg the stars for a Freddy's house or zone
because it will be just like killer clowns. in the sense of big costumes. I love the Freddy's robots a lot. I love them. I need to see them at hhn. lol. I'm a huge fan of creatures like that. big puppets. big costumes. like the bunny in silent hill.

Reactions: saint.piss

I genuinely think FNaF is a perfect fit at the event, and the 'middle schooler' argument doesn't hold much weight. As I stated previously, most of the core audience that grew up with FNaF are now young adults or about to be, just as with Stranger Things.

Not to mention, FNaF's story is genuinely rather disturbing when you really stop and think about it, and should never really be considered kid-friendly IMO (it's literally about a serial killer who targets children). Plus the game that just released, Into the Pit, gets surprisingly bloody and mature, and the next mainline game, Secret of the Mimic, is looking to go back to the franchise's roots and dive more into being a dreadful psychological horror.

TL;DR- I think FNaF would be perfect at HHN. Just please don't put it in F&F.
I don't think anyone is suggesting it's unworthy of being included, just that it's mainly targeted at a much younger audience.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's unworthy of being included, just that it's mainly targeted at a much younger audience.
I've seen other people argue online that it shouldn't be at the event for that reason, which is why I brought that up.

And genuinely I think if they had the house focus on certain elements of the franchise, you might see less arguing about it being targeted at younger audiences. The first game is still genuinely scary, and Into the Pit (the game that just released) has a rather disturbing depiction of the kids being murdered, and it's already confirmed to be getting a sequel, so we'll definitely be seeing more of the games dipping into being more adult.

Reactions: mccgavin
I've seen other people argue online that it shouldn't be at the event for that reason, which is why I brought that up.

And genuinely I think if they had the house focus on certain elements of the franchise, you might see less arguing about it being targeted at younger audiences. The first game is still genuinely scary, and Into the Pit (the game that just released) has a rather disturbing depiction of the kids being murdered, and it's already confirmed to be getting a sequel, so we'll definitely be seeing more of the games dipping into being more adult.

I mean, sure - but that doesn't change the demographics. An R-rating is 17, after all - and the demo isn't that far removed from that target. (Of course, the film was PG-13 for more than just BO reasons, too.)

TL;DR- I think FNaF would be perfect at HHN. Just please don't put it in F&F.

1)FNAF is still considered entry level horror for tweens, a demographic Universal just doesn't seem interested in attracting to HHN (hence no Clocks in Walls, Goosebumps, etc). In addition to not really lining up with what the HHN GP wants, HHN isn't what the FNAF fans want either. I think that's fine.

2) Scott is a massive piece of poop bigot and I don't think Universal should be getting in bed with ANOTHER garbage person.

Reactions: Jake S
Can’t imagine the target audience for Five Nights at Freddy’s and the new Ghostbusters movie are that far apart in age, though.

C'mon now... :lol:

Ghostbusters has 40 years of history, and the first 2 films are more "adult-leaning".

And again, I'm not saying because it's more tween-skewed that it shouldn't come. Just merely pointing out that it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake S
1)FNAF is still considered entry level horror for tweens, a demographic Universal just doesn't seem interested in attracting to HHN (hence no Clocks in Walls, Goosebumps, etc). In addition to not really lining up with what the HHN GP wants, HHN isn't what the FNAF fans want either. I think that's fine.

2) Scott is a massive piece of poop bigot and I don't think Universal should be getting in bed with ANOTHER garbage person.
1) I respectfully disagree on the point of HHN GP not wanting to see it, considering how many times in spec season we saw people expecting it and/or disappointed in it not coming.

2) Now this we can fully agree on. Doesn't help that as we literally saw with this year, he's also just really hard to work with.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
1) I respectfully disagree on the point of HHN GP not wanting to see it, considering how many times in spec season we saw people expecting it and/or disappointed in it not coming.

2) Now this we can fully agree on. Doesn't help that as we literally saw with this year, he's also just really hard to work with.

Yeah we'll probably never see eye to eye on #1 and that's ok.

five nights at Freddy's is more horror than Billie eilish or the weeknd ( and yes, weeknd music videos have "horror" elements, but they are closer to a Quentin Tarantino movie than anything else) yeah Weeknd has some creepy imagery but it's not a horror artist.

but five nights at Freddy's is an actually legitimate horror game. it IS a proper horror property.

• Haha
Reactions: Kichkinet85
five nights at Freddy's is more horror than Billie eilish or the weeknd ( and yes, weeknd music videos have "horror" elements, but they are closer to a Quentin Tarantino movie than anything else) yeah Weeknd has some creepy imagery but it's not a horror artist.

but five nights at Freddy's is an actually legitimate horror game. it IS a proper horror property.

That's not close to the discussion... at all.

I'd use the Star Wars analogy here. Can Star Wars support adult stories like Andor? Sure. Can it also support Jedi Babies*? Apparently also yes. But when you say "Star Wars," 98% of gen pop expects the 1977 -1983 films. A FN@F HHN house is going to be based off the first game, or the movie, or some combination thereof, no matter how dark the series eventually gets. I think it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

I'm with @OrlandoGuy, Frozen Empire seemed more inspired by the cartoon than the original Ghostbusters (I think Millennials tend to conflate the two) but the history of the IP gives HHN a fig leaf. Potter its own walled off thing--yeah, another fig leaf, but they also don't promote the Deatheaters with the rest of the event. FN@F, while it could make a solid house and would probably move a ton of merch, would feel like an attempt to cater to a middle school crowd. Not sure that's a Rubicon the event wants to cross.

* - Don't know the official name. Cartoon where Yoda trains kids who look like Dora the Explorer.

I'd use the Star Wars analogy here. Can Star Wars support adult stories like Andor? Sure. Can it also support Jedi Babies*? Apparently also yes. But when you say "Star Wars," 98% of gen pop expects the 1977 -1983 films. A FN@F HHN house is going to be based off the first game, or the movie, or some combination thereof, no matter how dark the series eventually gets. I think it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

I'm with @OrlandoGuy, Frozen Empire seemed more inspired by the cartoon than the original Ghostbusters (I think Millennials tend to conflate the two) but the history of the IP gives HHN a fig leaf. Potter its own walled off thing--yeah, another fig leaf, but they also don't promote the Deatheaters with the rest of the event. FN@F, while it could make a solid house and would probably move a ton of merch, would feel like an attempt to cater to a middle school crowd. Not sure that's a Rubicon the event wants to cross.

* - Don't know the official name. Cartoon where Yoda trains kids who look like Dora the Explorer.
Oh I'm well aware a house would be based on either the movie or first game, the point I was trying to get at was it feels like the series is starting to dip itself into a more adult/mature direction. My apologies if I was coming off as disingenuous.

And Star Wars is a very good analogy for your point, well done.

Oh I'm well aware a house would be based on either the movie or first game, the point I was trying to get at was it feels like the series is starting to dip itself into a more adult/mature direction. My apologies if I was coming off as disingenuous.

And Star Wars is a very good analogy for your point, well done.
"Disingenuous" too harsh, I apologize, maybe "slightly unrealistic"? And FTR, I think the IP could make a strong house--Chuck E Cheese was creepy enough not trying to be scary. But I also think you could make a terrific house based on the original season Scooby Doo villains. I just don't see HHN going that direction for fear of the backlash, even if it was guaranteed to be HotY and sell millions in merch.

I’m just going to say on the HHN FB page half of, well no most of the comment are about how “my 14 year old is really disappointed in no FNaF, he really wanted it”

Take that how you want. I personally don’t think HHN needs FNaF but I’m not impossed to it. Yeah, I’m not looking forward to the crowd it will bring but I said that before.

I’m just going to say on the HHN FB page half of, well no most of the comment are about how “my 14 year old is really disappointed in no FNaF, he really wanted it”

Take that how you want. I personally don’t think HHN needs FNaF but I’m not impossed to it. Yeah, I’m not looking forward to the crowd it will bring but I said that before.

"My 14 year old" is definitely part of the issue, though.

That's not close to the discussion... at all.
my point was about genres and properties. the genre itself. movies/games and music are different mediums, they can't be compared but,
there are horror musicians like Alice cooper, slipknot, rob zombie, Ghost. they base their looks, lyrics and sounds on horror. revolves around horror.
my point was that five nights at Freddy's is a horror property, it is a horror game ( for kids) . it is a horror written, horror made property.
stranger things is a full horror television show. its described as a horror tv show.

weeknd and Billie eilish are pop artists with horror elements to their videos. they do create horror music videos, but their songs or appearance isnt like, horror. and to be used for hhn, it had to be translated into a horror property. it has to be molded and adapted to fit hhn.
my point was that five nights at Freddy's was designed and built as a scary horror property from the beginning.
the animal animatronics might not be scary for everyone, but they are horror characters. they are ghost killer robots. its for kids but it's horror