Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

Dream IP'S
The Thing (1982)
Hellraiser
Scream
The Return of the Living Dead
They Live
The Lost Boys

Also, I know the last two attempts at video game houses haven't gone over so well, but I would really love to see a Castlevania house at some point. Lots of iconic imagery from those games in my opinion.

Where do I begin? I will break mine up in catagories.

Music inspired
Marilyn Manson
Trent Reznor/NIN
Slipknot
Korn
Gwar (would be fun to get messy)
Babes in Toyland

Internet
MoMo (terrifying costume)
Slenderman
The Plague Doctor

Video Games
Ghosts n Goblins
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Doom
Wolfenstein
BloodRayne

TV
It
X-files (episode HOME)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Hush)
Simpsons Tree house of Horrors

more to come.....

Here are my dream IPs and OGs

Movies
Scream
Hellraiser
Blade
Underworld
Jaws
Project X
13 Ghosts
Lost Boys
Pumpkin Head
Chopping Mall
Gremlins
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (scarred me as a child)
Tim Burton's Batman

OGs
The Morgue- It would be unnerving to walk through a room of hanging body parts.

The Camel Spider Den-something like the spiders from The Forbidden Forrest.

Anything from Japanese folklore (icon ?)

Or Florida Man....LOL!

Last edited:
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (scarred me as a child)

A chocolate version of Saws N Steam? I'll take it!

Anyhow, here's my kinda realistic (as in, nothing that absolutely can't happen cough Mary) wishlist for HHN 30:

Houses (10–7:3 in favor of originals)

Icons of Horror Nights (basically Monsters but for the icons)

Terra Cruentes: Season of the Queen (duh)

Scarecrow: The Harvesting (open floor plan, similar to Field of Screams just with fake corn to accommodate lack of sunlight indoors)

Deja Vu (same room over and over as Legacy pitched a few years back)

The Unknown (Sorry I couldn't think of a more creative title lol; an update on my "Arachnia" idea--you would start in a lab with scientists and technicians freaking out and screaming incoherently about an experiment gone wrong and a monster being unleashed; next would be scenes of extreme gore caused by the monster(chests ripped open, brains clawed out, etc.); the last half of would be you being hunted by the monster without actually seeing it--would make new use of the Graveyard Games tunnel, ala Alien Encounter (air and water effects to simulate drooled on, breathed on, crawled on); the finale would be actually seeing the monster, which would be a giant spider (think the crawl effect from Winter's Night--the actor would be wearing the head of the spider and using his or her arms as the spider's front arms); basically it would be an attempt at something new and innovative, a house where you don't see what you're supposed to be afraid of until the very end.)

ShakesFEAR (another idea of Legacy's that I absolutely loved)

<more to come>

Last edited:
Realistic Houses

Gremlins: This movie was one of my childhood favorites, I would love to see the story brought to life and receive a proper stateside attraction. I think the biggest obstacle would be portraying the Gremlins.

Scream: The first slasher movie I ever saw. I think it is about time Ghostface made an appearance. I think this also could have a fun mobile text game waiting in line(messaging Ghostface) similar to Graveyard Games.

Realistic Zone

The Lost Boys: It would make sense to put it in the San Fran area due to the California boardwalk setting of the movie. I think the movie lends well to a scare zone, having the boys walking around being a nuisance. With the protagonists prepping to fight them.

Slightly Realistic Zone

Halloween III: This movie is a love it or hate it kind of film mainly because it has nothing to do with the rest of the franchise. I think a lot of other fans have brought this IP up. I think it would work best as a zone. Imagine a bunch of monitors playing the Silver Shamrock jingle. Scareactors walking around with the Silver Shamrock masks on squirming and screaming as their heads are being devoured by insects (or whatever the masks do, I don't think they ever make it clear in the movie lol). Stonehenge-like ruins with the witchcraft-like ceremony from the film. Also, some type of Michael Myers photo op in the back for the people confused about where Michael is.

Completely Unrealistic Houses/Events

The Devil's Carnival: This is a nightmare like horror musical film which visually feels like an HHN house. I think it would make a rather interesting house, it would never happen though because no one knows about the film.

The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs: This Shudder exclusive Horror host show hosted by the entertaining and informative Joe Bob Briggs could lend itself to an awesome house/event. Joe Bob Briggs could serve as a host to vignette B-movie house with his interesting commentary. He could also potentially do live tapings of his show during the event month. I think this probably wouldn't happen due to the show being somewhat a cult hit on a smaller streaming service and a horror host role already being filled by H.R. Bloodengutz.

Ghostwatch Inspired Tour: If you are unfamiliar with the history of Ghostwatch look it up it is quite interesting. It would be cool for there to be a tour under the guise of being a behind the scenes tour turning into its own horror attraction.

Dream line up
IP’s
1. Conjuring
2. Scream
3. The Thing (1982)
4. IT
5. Cabin in the Woods ( Yes, bring it back)

Original’s
1. Hansel and Gretal (horror take on it)
2. Chuppacabra
3. Scarecrow sequel or prequel
4. Jack the Ripper
5. Sleep paralysis

Anyone see the Locke & Key trailer that released today? I’m so pumped for that show. Hoping it will be a hit so I can live my dream of walking through Keyhouse.

Buffy
Angel
Skyrim dungeon with draugr
Treehouse of Horror
Star Trek: Borg
House of the Dead
Locke & Key
Revival (comic)

And no, I don’t care if you consider some of these not “horror” enough for HHN.

Totally unrealistic, no attention to rights, Top 10 wish list:

1. The Thing - 1982
  2. Cabin in the Woods - Missed that year so never got to do the house
  3. Planet Terror - Robert Rodriguez's half of Grindhouse
  4. Return of the Living Dead - Love this movie
  5. They Live - Has to be some kind of gimmick where you put on the 3D glasses or something and see hidden messages like OBEY.
  6. Hellraiser - cover all 3 films at once so there are more cenobites to choose from (I refuse to acknowledge all the direct to video sequels)
  7. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors - one of my all time favorites growing up
  8. Mad Max Fury Road - It's not horror, but the look and feel of the movie, Imorton Joe, Babyman, and the guitar guy would just be amazing
  9. Jason X - one of my biggest guilty pleasures. Would be a cheap house to construct too since I think the movie set builders had like a $35 budget. Have Jason grabbing a real woman's head, and thrusting it down behind something, hear a shattering sound, and then have him switch his hand to a dummy to bring back up into view with a smashed up frozen face like the movie. Perfect gag.
  10. From the mind of Marilyn Manson - His music is just perfect for a house, he's a lunatic, lots of imagery to choose from, and it would just be fun.
Honorable Mentions that Will Never Happen: Robocop (realize it's not horror, but to see Robocops walking around with sound cues from the movie would just be amazing) and Godzilla (other than looking out a window at miniatures/paintings and seeing a giant head, there's no real way to do the scale).

It's not really mentioned but I would love to see Orlando's take on Crimson Peak. On my wishlist would also be Gremlins. It would fit the "family friendly" house pretty well but yet slightly more horror themed.

I would love for Body Collectors to return somehow. Love to see the Nightingales again since I loved the house last year. An idea I would love is Body Collectors vs. Nightingales. I would also like to see Gothic and Catacombs since I never got to see those. Graveyard Games last year was cool so I’ll like to see a sequel for that or an original idea similar.

As for IPs Scream and Conjuring are my tops with The Thing close behind. I would also like to see a longer version of Universal Monsters. The Invisible Man would be cool to see but I don’t know how that will work as a house since you can’t see him:grin:. I would like to see Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street since I never saw them. Hellrasier would also be cool. I would also like to see a Grudge house and with the remake on it has it on my mind. The Shining is one of my top horror movies so I’ll like to see a house again on it and of Doctor Sleep but I doubt that with SK.

Last edited:
I’m not sure where to post this but I made a dream house.

HHN Anniversary House:

Located in SS22
Facade is the universal arch’s

1. Enter and see a carnival with a sign saying it’s Carey, OH carnival, all the icons as statues with Jack as the only real one and have actors in a Jack mask jumping out at you, a lot of fog in this room with carnival lights. Has cards with the monsters in the house on them. (Enter each room thought the card with what’s in the room)
  2. Enter the next room to see the Universal Monsters in a castle, There is blood and dead bodies everywhere that you have to walk around and hanging ones that you have to move out of your way while the monsters jump out at you. While Frankenstein says “we belong dead” and pulls a lever. Blood also drops on you.
  3. Enter the next room to see the Nightingales in a dungeon. The new bird like Nightingales from last year. You start by seeing one eating a horse while a lion jumps out at you from the other side. Other Nightingales come out at you. Blood is everywhere as well as bones, HHN Bear is also there. Blood also drips on you.
  4. Enter the next room to see the Body Collectors. They took over Shadybrook again. There is also insane patients jumping out at you as well as the Body Collectors.
  5. Enter the next room to see Swap Yeti! There is water in this room and corpuses. There is also a half of a broken boat.
  6. Enter the next room for SoX, HHN28. The plants have once again took over. It’s dark in this room with only a faint light. You hear thunder above as water drips on you.
  7. You enter the Graveyard from GG last year. You see the glowing mother as children play. The vines are on the floor and up the wall. Dead corpses jump out at you.
  8. Enter the drive in from SS, HHN28. The smell of popcorn fills the room. Different creature grim the movies that are playing jumps out at you. These movie include Return of the Amazon Cannibals from plant hell, Schittie’s kids: the after party, Return of the Midnight Snack and more!
  9. Finale is back at the carnival and you see all the icons again as before. Jack is laughing as Chance jumps out as long as his minions.

This is a dream house for me not a prediction!!

Y'know, especially after listening to the IU end-of-the-event podcast I would rather not have an anniversary house UNLESS it's an icon mashup--so basically a higher budget Horror Nights Nightmares.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool if the rat lady came back (even if it was for only opening night). A nod to the very beggining. Also maybe have line pulsing on slower nights. The experience is much scarier not in a conga line.

I think it would be cool if the rat lady came back (even if it was for only opening night). A nod to the very beggining. Also maybe have line pulsing on slower nights. The experience is much scarier not in a conga line.

Conga lines are precisely why it’s better for them to rely on imagery than (just) jump scares. Why I’m one of a tiny handful of people who liked Depths.

Thought this was an interesting discussion on Nightmares, that could get more traffic here, with the response to the Eilish rumors. What would be your anti-wishlist?

I'll start:
Eilish (house not lagoon)
Stranger Things (all three seasons)
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Dr. Who
Beetlejuice (I would be okay with this if there's at most one other comedy/family friendly/non-horror house)
Scarecrow: The Reaping (repeat)
No Terra Cruentes or appearance of any of the non-clown icons

Last edited:
Thought this was an interesting discussion on Nightmares, that could get more traffic here, with the response to the Eilish rumors. What would be your anti-wishlist?

I'll start:
Eilish (house not lagoon)
Stranger Things (all three seasons)
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Dr. Who
Beetlejuice (I would be okay with this if there's at most one other comedy/family friendly/non-horror house)
Scarecrow: The Reaping (repeat)
No Terra Cruentes or appearance of any of the non-clown icons
My anti-wishlist?

- PsychoScarepy
- Body Collectors
- Halloween (anything)
- Any returning icon
- Any of the three “Titans of Terror”
- Run
- Bloodengutz

Basically, anything that’s appeared more than twice. You missed it the first five times? Tough.