How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters

Hopefully that'll mean great things for Orlando's projectors finally getting the love they need. But this does prove that they won't be giving up on the Simpsons yet. My question, following the news on Fox favoring Disney, is if Gracie is not going to be included and of the question if they could go independant or get bought by Comcast/NBCUniversal.

I remember reading about a projector upgrade when they closed down the theaters on a rotating basis.. But when I rode it since that info, I didn't see any noticeable change.

Reactions: tankart150
on my last trip, I rode this for the 1st time in awhile. I do love the film and thought it looked good. We were in the top floor this time (I do not think I'd ever been up there before, maybe for BTTF).

Anyway, I feel like being in the top of the dome decrease the ride a bit, but I was happy since the things that kept me from riding have either been fixed or not present on the top floor...namely the hard 'smacks' like when you hit the big wrecking ball....so I may try it again sometime...

Funny (to me)...I haven't watched the Simpsons in a long time...saw part of an episode tonight just in time to hear 'Flaming Moe, the most expensive drink in the Studio's park.'

When we rode this at HHN my non-theme park-junky friends thought the ride was terrible. They are usually much easier to please than I am, so I found it interesting how badly they poo-pooed on the ride for the rest of the trip. Admittedly, it WAS pretty awful.

It's kinda sad that The Simpsons doesn't get any HHN seasonal treatment because Universal didn't want to spend any more money despite 20th Century Fox wanting to. Would beat the hell after seeing the same simulator ride all over and over again for the HHN season.

BTTF was 70mm but Simpsons has always been digital AFAIK. A couple years back went from 4 2k projectors to 1 4K projector, but it needs one of those new Christie laser projectors.
So, cut the check and lets get this done! I haven't partaken (new word) since 2013 so I am hoping this lets me ride without spewing taco bus fajitas on the other patrons.

Hopefully that'll mean great things for Orlando's projectors finally getting the love they need. But this does prove that they won't be giving up on the Simpsons yet. My question, following the news on Fox favoring Disney, is if Gracie is not going to be included and of the question if they could go independant or get bought by Comcast/NBCUniversal.
FWIW, I think Simpsons contract runs for at least another decade or somewhere around there. So there's no real risk anytime soon of anything happening to Simpsons rights.

It was signed around the same time as Harry Potter and that runs until July 30, 2029. Even if 20th Century Television goes to Disney and the Simpsons with that, that's more of an issue for if Disney just lets it expire without renewal.

FWIW, I think Simpsons contract runs for at least another decade or somewhere around there. So there's no real risk anytime soon of anything happening to Simpsons rights.

It was signed around the same time as Harry Potter and that runs until July 30, 2029. Even if 20th Century Television goes to Disney and the Simpsons with that, that's more of an issue for if Disney just lets it expire without renewal.

Even if it ended tomorrow- they certainly aren’t lacking the need to upgrade projectors in other attractions.

Looking at you, Mummy.