ICON Park | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

ICON Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ I made it :thumbs:

First we'll start with the rather large parking garage . . .

I-DriveLive-055.jpg

I-DriveLive-056.jpg

I-DriveLive-058.jpg

I-DriveLive-059.jpg

I-DriveLive-063.jpg

I-DriveLive-066.jpg

I-DriveLive-068.jpg

More to follow.

Wow thanks! Looks like they are coming along quite nicely, I'm surprised how they have that one building already built, stoned, and pretty much complete from the exterior while it looks like they have a long way to go on everything else.

I can at least say that I'm happy this project is moving forward and won't die off as I once feared. It has quite a bit of ambition, something desperately needed when it comes to I-Drive...

A few aerial shots from both of us . . .

I-DriveLive-085.jpg

I-DriveLive-086.jpg

I-DriveLive-087.jpg

I-DriveLive-088.jpg

I-DriveLive-089.jpg

I-DriveLive-090.jpg

I-DriveLive-091.jpg

I-DriveLive-092.jpg

I-DriveLive-093.jpg

Someone asked me if the footings had been poured yet. It appears the main footings have not but the ones for the braces have as you can se in the picture below.

I-DriveLive-094.jpg

If it has been mentioned before,my apologies, I see Yard House is slated to open spring of 2014 on the property. Looks like they are hiring managers for that location to get them trained in time for spring. I am not sure how long manager training is but that is a pretty large menu so it may be longer than some of Darden's other concepts.

They have a long hire process in addition to manager training classes in a training center. They are only given so often, so they would need to get the person scheduled into a class that is going on. Then they would have training within the restaurant itself. It is a pretty long process no matter which concept you are working in.

Love the pics, ariel pics help so much with this project.

They have a long hire process in addition to manager training classes in a training center. They are only given so often, so they would need to get the person scheduled into a class that is going on. Then they would have training within the restaurant itself. It is a pretty long process no matter which concept you are working in.

Love the pics, ariel pics help so much with this project.

My husband and myself have been in the industry for years and have been on the management opening teams for new locations several times. It can be a little different when you do not have an already existing concept in the area and the new managers need to train out of the area. Just trying to gear the time line when most concepts manager training programs run two to three months plus a week in the support center. Then about a month of hiring staff plus a month of training staff. Spring may be realistic depending on construction. The longhorn at that location is also slated for spring of 2014 and I see on Mango's Tropical Cafe website the projected opening Fall 2014.

BTW Izzy, love your avatar, maybe the bye week will do us some good!

Nice, will be watching this thread with interest. They seem to have picked up the pace on this project.