Idea - Blues Brother's relocation. | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Idea - Blues Brother's relocation.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't it be somewhat unwise, though, to begin chipping away at the Backlot? The more soundstages the better - it makes for a more "behind-the-scenes" kind of feel when on the Studio Tour.. after all, moviemaking is our park's specialty.

They will not and should not take any soundstages away. The positioning of Transformers makes it a foolish choice anyway. There is no way to put another attraction in that area without removing the shops, or the Universal Experience and the entire dining area down there. The trams pas through that back area, you can't expand further back without disrupting that. The placement of Transformers means that you can't exactly extend beyond that large building, the bottlenecking would be so severe and extreme that it would ruin the flow of traffic completely and people wouldn't likely even realize there was anything beyond Transformers to begin with. 

If it adds a new attraction at all, they would have to use existing space by removing the dining options and Universal Experience. You can't go any deeper beyond that without destroying employee areas and the studio tour trams that drive right on that route.

Reactions: William
The only one I can see them using, if my memory serves me well, is the one directly to the left of Transformers. The tram drives by it, not behind it or anything. Ill post a pic of the one I'm talking about. I'd only see this happening if they rearranged the walkway to this hypothetical ride and if they moved Universal Experience elsewhere and if they built a new soundstage to make up for it elsewhere. it wouldn't be easy but I feel like it'd be doable in many many years if need be.

Again, just going off of my memory, ill post which one I'm talking about. If I'm wrong, my bad lol

EDIT: yeah, looking at a map, its the soundstage directly in front of the Transformers extended queue. The tram drives along it's side/by it. If they reorganized/split the flow of traffic between this "future" ride and slightly reorganized the transformers entrance, I think it would be doable.

Again, all hypothetical though :p haha

The only one I can see them using, if my memory serves me well, is the one directly to the left of Transformers. The tram drives by it, not behind it or anything. Ill post a pic of the one I'm talking about. I'd only see this happening if they rearranged the walkway to this hypothetical ride and if they moved Universal Experience elsewhere and if they built a new soundstage to make up for it elsewhere. it wouldn't be easy but I feel like it'd be doable in many many years if need be.

Again, just going off of my memory, ill post which one I'm talking about. If I'm wrong, my bad lol

EDIT: yeah, looking at a map, its the soundstage directly in front of the Transformers extended queue. The tram drives along it's side/by it. If they reorganized/split the flow of traffic between this "future" ride and slightly reorganized the transformers entrance, I think it would be doable.

Again, all hypothetical though :p haha
Uh, that is Sound Stage 28!  The oldest sound stage in Hollywood with the Phantom of the Opera set still inside!!!  This isn't going anywhere!

I do think the Universal Experience is now in the wrong spot with the change of the Lower Lot.  Time to relocate this museum to the Upper Lot and make it worthy of high class photo opportunities with classic props from Universal's movies!

Uh, that is Sound Stage 28! The oldest sound stage in Hollywood with the Phantom of the Opera set still inside!!! This isn't going anywhere!

I do think the Universal Experience is now in the wrong spot with the change of the Lower Lot. Time to relocate this museum to the Upper Lot and make it worthy of high class photo opportunities with classic props from Universal's movies!
Oh....my gosh. I feel so damn embarrassed that I forgot that THAT was 28!!! Obviously it ain't going anywhere. Can't believe I forgot. I'd love to explore that set some day :)

Little fun fact: one of my ex girlfriends is related to Lon Chaney! He's her great great great grandfather!

And I agree, Universal Experience needs to be moved into a larger museum on the upper lot

The blues brothers area can hold the UE. Take up some of the outside side of HOH and make a good sized building. This seems like the best idea. Removing main stores and restaurants is not going to happen to make UE.

But if we get a new UE, I'd rather it be a larger and more interactive experience/exhibit. Otherwise it should just stay where it is. Blues Brothers area plus a bit of outside of HOH wouldn't be that much bigger than the original

You looking for a Museum(which is what it would take to really show off all of Universals great hits) and USH barely has the space for attractions(rides and shows which is what people want(id love a USH museums maybe right outside the park combine it with the Chop House)). UE is just a taste of its History and not trying to give you the whole story.

I'm just a big fan of it's history I guess ;) but again, if they REALLY wanted to, they can put it in some of the stores/restaurants in the front on the right side. Like, the Feature store is just a flex space store. Combine that with the restaurant next door and you got some great space!

Ideally, know where I'd put a new Universal Experience if it was up to me? Where Universal Plaza is going. Or have it be part of Universal Plaza. Since it's the center of the park so to speak, I'd make the building have some kind of icon on top of it, make the nubuilding very ornate, and with a few little shops or snack/drink places like Starbucks but then the main building in the center would be a large and expanded Universal Experience Museum.

Even in our small park, I feel that a larger space would be great for the museum. Especially since it's Universal Studios Hollywood. But hey, that's me :p