1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

In-Depth Look into the Hard Rock Park

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by doc brown, Mar 24, 2013.

1. doc brown

doc brown Rookie

TPU shares an in-depth look at the failed Hard Rock Park.

2. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Did you write this?

3. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

I don't think so. The original article is here, and it ends on "inspiring, humbling and heart-break[ing]" so I guess doc brown wrote:

And he forgot to leave a space, or to use some sort of formatting so we can tell the difference between the article and what he is writing to us.

4. doc brown

doc brown Rookie

sorry tried to leave a space but for some reason it posted like this but not trying to get the site in trouble i just thought it was a very good read and could not find a link to there story sorry if i did something wrong

5. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Ahh, I missed that part.

The proper way to share the article is to link directly from where the article originated from. Not copy the whole thing.

6. doc brown

doc brown Rookie

and for some reason it says my in depth look i never put that so that is weird

- - - Updated - - -

sorry could not find a way to do that i dont do this all the time so really did not know were to look

7. Capacity

Capacity Rookie

Really fascinating park. But upper management set themselves up for failure. Expecting 3 million guests in the first season was extremely unrealistic especially with the terrible marketing campaigns. And they didn't have nearly enough money to keep the park running long term.

8. TheDecemberists

TheDecemberists Veteran Member

I am so, so glad I was able to visit this park before it closed. It's a damn shame what it's become.

9. Dr. Emmett Brown

Dr. Emmett Brown Veteran Member

I wasn't able to visit when it was HRP, but I did get to see it as Freestyle Music Park. Definitely a cool park with some cool rides.

10. IzzyB

IzzyB Premium Member

I also got to visit this park right after the grand opening. It was a shame, because I was so excited for this to be opening, because I thought Myrtle Beach needed something like this. But wow, the park was DEAD!! I mean at times you felt like you were the only ones in the park. I was so glad I did not pay full price and got the tickets the year before for a discount. Because there was not enough rides for the price. While it was well setup and really had some neat things in it, there just was not enough. Had the best food of any theme park I have been to though and had an amazing show (the ice skating one). Even my husband liked the show and he is not normally into that.

Of course we also went on the hottest day (even though only May) and we ended up leaving, going home and resting, and coming back for the night show. Wish we had stayed and done everything more times, because it was the only time I got to go. Next year by the time we went it was closed for the season and then it never re-opened. The one roller coaster was not open either, which sucked since it was after grand opening, but that one never seemed to be open from what I read.

Too much money invented, not enough money in the bank, and poor advertising were the downfall of this park. Oh also, the price point was way too high for what it offered and the type of people who visit Myrtle Beach.

11. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

I REALLY wanted to visit this park and was really sad that it closed down so fast. I thought it would have worked great in Myrtle Beach and I thought the Hard Rock theming was really interesting.

12. Capacity

Capacity Rookie

I talked to one of the people that opened this park and he said a lot of days their attendance was in the hundreds.

13. tiredoldspook

tiredoldspook Veteran Member

It was built in the wrong city at the wrong Time, Myrtle beach is a Golf, Shopping and Beach Town...Rides are going to waste sadly.