Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

In-Depth Look into the Hard Rock Park

Did you write this?

I don't think so. The original article is here, and it ends on "inspiring, humbling and heart-break[ing]" so I guess doc brown wrote:

As you can see this is not my work so i dont know if its ok to do this but it has been a fascinating story so far and wanted to share it with you all.Its from a web site called theme park university i will post part 2 tomorrow

And he forgot to leave a space, or to use some sort of formatting so we can tell the difference between the article and what he is writing to us.

sorry tried to leave a space but for some reason it posted like this but not trying to get the site in trouble i just thought it was a very good read and could not find a link to there story sorry if i did something wrong

I don't think so. The original article is here, and it ends on "inspiring, humbling and heart-break[ing]" so I guess doc brown wrote:

And he forgot to leave a space, or to use some sort of formatting so we can tell the difference between the article and what he is writing to us.

Ahh, I missed that part.

sorry tried to leave a space but for some reason it posted like this but not trying to get the site in trouble i just thought it was a very good read and could not find a link to there story sorry if i did something wrong

The proper way to share the article is to link directly from where the article originated from. Not copy the whole thing.

and for some reason it says my in depth look i never put that so that is weird

- - - Updated - - -

sorry could not find a way to do that i dont do this all the time so really did not know were to look

Really fascinating park. But upper management set themselves up for failure. Expecting 3 million guests in the first season was extremely unrealistic especially with the terrible marketing campaigns. And they didn't have nearly enough money to keep the park running long term.

I also got to visit this park right after the grand opening. It was a shame, because I was so excited for this to be opening, because I thought Myrtle Beach needed something like this. But wow, the park was DEAD!! I mean at times you felt like you were the only ones in the park. I was so glad I did not pay full price and got the tickets the year before for a discount. Because there was not enough rides for the price. While it was well setup and really had some neat things in it, there just was not enough. Had the best food of any theme park I have been to though and had an amazing show (the ice skating one). Even my husband liked the show and he is not normally into that.

Of course we also went on the hottest day (even though only May) and we ended up leaving, going home and resting, and coming back for the night show. Wish we had stayed and done everything more times, because it was the only time I got to go. Next year by the time we went it was closed for the season and then it never re-opened. The one roller coaster was not open either, which sucked since it was after grand opening, but that one never seemed to be open from what I read.

Too much money invented, not enough money in the bank, and poor advertising were the downfall of this park. Oh also, the price point was way too high for what it offered and the type of people who visit Myrtle Beach.

I REALLY wanted to visit this park and was really sad that it closed down so fast. I thought it would have worked great in Myrtle Beach and I thought the Hard Rock theming was really interesting.