Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

This is going to be an ops nightmare with the locker situation. There will very likely be a much higher than normal amount of people getting locked out of their lockers.

I know Magic Bands are unpopular and i'm not advocating for them, but this is certainly a case where things would move along much quicker and without issue if guests always had their "cards" with them while on the ride without even needing to remember to bring them.
A band or something like it would be fine. Just don't bring in the whole convoluted mess that Disney brought with it.

A band or something like it would be fine. Just don't bring in the whole convoluted mess that Disney brought with it.
No, not that whole system. Although I can definitely see Universal offering bands down the line (or even moving to them) for ticket entry, express, room key, room charge, etc.

Basically everything a room key currently does, but just in band form if one wants - I would hope they would still give the option of physical tickets if they ever switched though.

AHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO BE THERE ON FRIDAY!

too bad I can't leave work until 6pm, get home pick up the gf by 7pm, won't be in Orlando 'til after park closing.. will have to wait until Saturday morning.

Guys, this is an amazing time to be a Universal fan.. 3 BRAND NEW EXPERIENCES this weekend:
1. Staying in Sapphire Falls for the first time
2. Riding Kong for the first time
3. Riding new Hulk for the first time

My brain is exploding and I can't get anything done at work.

:cry::dance::drool::hail::tongue::pixie:
You only get to enjoy this anticipation once. Savor it.

This is going to be an ops nightmare with the locker situation. There will very likely be a much higher than normal amount of people getting locked out of their lockers.

I know Magic Bands are unpopular and i'm not advocating for something like them, but this is certainly a case where things would move along much quicker and without issue if guests always had their "cards" with them while on the ride without even needing to remember to bring them.

A picture of the locker screen I saw said "scan your wristband here" so maybe it is coming.

They are still outsourcing the locker attendants?? I think so but don't know the setup for these particular lockers.

I know Magic Bands are unpopular and i'm not advocating for something like them, but this is certainly a case where things would move along much quicker and without issue if guests always had their "cards" with them while on the ride without even needing to remember to bring them.
Unless I was seeing things, the screens at the lockers said 'scan band here'... I thought that was interesting

A picture of the locker screen I saw said "scan your wristband here" so maybe it is coming.

They are still outsourcing the locker attendants?? I think so but don't know the setup for these particular lockers.

Unless I was seeing things, the screens at the lockers said 'scan band here'... I thought that was interesting
I believe you're talking about this:

The sign at the lockers says to use park ticket, however:

I believe you're talking about this:

The sign at the lockers says to use park ticket, however:

I just got back from Hersheypark and they have a band system for their lockers that lets you in and out of the same locker all day. The band itself is like a laminated 21+ drinking band with a barcode on it that gets printed when you choose to rent a locker. I could see a similar system coming in as it is quick and probably fairly cost effective. I assume they would tweak it so that you could just reuse the same band all day at various locker stations.

I just got back from Hersheypark and they have a band system for their lockers that lets you in and out of the same locker all day. The band itself is like a laminated 21+ drinking band with a barcode on it that gets printed when you choose to rent a locker. I could see a similar system coming in as it is quick and probably fairly cost effective. I assume they would tweak it so that you could just reuse the same band all day at various locker stations.
I was just thinking a similar thing. It would seemingly work pretty well. I assume this would be a test at Hulk though before they go changing out all the other locker stations though (which I can't wait to happen at Mummy because I really hope they theme those better).

Current Hulk wait time is 60m regular and 45m single rider. Right behind the Hulk gift booth is a great place to watch the coaster coming back up. Seems like it is coming right at you, and VERY close.

For comparison:
SM 50
Doom 30
Kong 75
Storm Force 5

Last edited:
I haven't ridden it yet, but I think I can say without riding that it was a missed opportunity not to put in a show scene at the end of the ride (instead of baking in the sun waiting to get off).

:look: Yeah, that would have been a nice closure to the "story".

So for those that have ridden, do you go through the "Hulk-a-fication" on the ride, then just get off? If so, I wonder why they put so much emphasis on story during the marketing. Almost as if things were cut. :-(

Going along with the narrative that Hulk was opened early to help with capacity issues, doesn't it look like this wiring isn't fully complete yet? I mean it's just bundled on that platform like its waiting to be installed somewhere.

13932689_1759297250982552_8917072124240107023_n.jpg

Going along with the narrative that Hulk was opened early to help with capacity issues, doesn't it look like this wiring isn't fully complete yet? I mean it's just bundled on that platform like its waiting to be installed somewhere.

View attachment 2717

I think those metal screen looking things at the end of the tube have some static-lightning type lighting effects yet to be installed (similar to the effects in the tunnel).

View attachment 2717

They still need to install the "sparklies" wiring. I hope they made them green and not the standard white. This is still in softs so I think there are bits and bobs that need to be finished up (lookin at you AC!) Originally there were supposed to be a bunch of screens in queue and a couple of 3D ones so I don't know if those are still going in or they got cut. Would help with the story complaints I am seeing.

They still need to install the "sparklies" wiring. I hope they made them green and not the standard white. This is still in softs so I think there are bits and bobs that need to be finished up (lookin at you AC!) Originally there were supposed to be a bunch of screens in queue and a couple of 3D ones so I don't know if those are still going in or they got cut. Would help with the story complaints I am seeing.

Certainly makes me feel better after some of the reviews