Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is the first I'm hearing of Fall Out Boy doing the track for the ride. I like a handful of their stuff, mostly their newer stuff, so that's a bit interesting to me. Assuming it's a song made just for the ride, are there any lyrics at all to it, or is it purely instrumental?

This is the first I'm hearing of Fall Out Boy doing the track for the ride. I like a handful of their stuff, mostly their newer stuff, so that's a bit interesting to me. Assuming it's a song made just for the ride, are there any lyrics at all to it, or is it purely instrumental?
The song is purely instrumental. It is synced to the ride so you'll hear the same music during the same elements and it matches up pretty perfectly. The on board audio is on the panel in front of your seat down by your knees, not in the headrest.

Reactions: Mad Dog
To be clear; Patrick Stump did the instrumental, not Fall Out Boy as a band.

So yes, it soft opened. Andy and I were at home, each eating our dinner; I saw the tweet of it getting ready to open, called him, and we immediately left.

The queue has a great look. The effects are awesome, and the new "Gamma Core" effect is 100x better than the last one. There is a bass that pulsates throughout the wait. While waiting outside, the bass of the launch can't help but get you hyped. Once inside, the tests that happen every so often pulsates lights, smokes up, and hits a hard bass that makes it feel like they are actually testing something.

Small con though; you don't know what you're waiting in. It's clear it's a Military base, but you don't know why you're there until right before loading; but you're in that area for so little time, you never get a chance to see the video that explains a bit of it. No real presence at all of any the characters either, including Ross. But this is a coaster, and while story is important, it's not a huge impact on the "meat and potatoes".

The coaster is great, and smooth like the old days. The loading area glows green and pulsates when a train is dispatched. The new launch effect is great too, but my minor gripe is that it was too "bright" and personally felt the tunnel needed a fog effect or some sort of audio cue (like Banner's old "I think it's going to work"). Either way, it's much better than what we used to have. Other than that, no complaints. The soundtrack (which is just an instrumental) by Stump adds another dimension to the ride, and you would not know it was done by him unless you read the release (Hey guys, we do have a main site that said all this.... ;) )

Either way, it's the Hulk we all know and love, just modernized to a much better result. There are some misses, but it's still a huge improvement on what we had beforehand. Can't complain about that.

The soundtrack didnt even sound like a fallout boy song. It wad just dramatic music you would come to expect from a marvel movie.
It was done by Patrick Stump, who is the lead singer of Fall Out Boy. He's become a really good composer and composes all of the instrumentation for their music as well. He's not a lyricist.

The soundtrack (which is just an instrumental) by Stump adds another dimension to the ride, and you would not know it was done by him unless you read the release (Hey guys, we do have a main site that said all this.... ;) )
As a big FOB fan (and a fan of Stump's solo album), I recognize his typical "sound", so i'll have to hear it to judge. Certainly the general public won't think "Why was Patrick Stump in my ear" afterwards ( :lol: ), but I think FOB's fanbase may recognize the sound.

Last edited:

So yes, it soft opened. Andy and I were at home, each eating our dinner; I saw the tweet of it getting ready to open, called him, and we immediately left.

The queue has a great look. The effects are awesome, and the new "Gamma Core" effect is 100x better than the last one. There is a bass that pulsates throughout the wait. While waiting outside, the bass of the launch can't help but get you hyped. Once inside, the tests that happen every so often pulsates lights, smokes up, and hits a hard bass that makes it feel like they are actually testing something.

Small con though; you don't know what you're waiting in. It's clear it's a Military base, but you don't know why you're there until right before loading; but you're in that area for so little time, you never get a chance to see the video that explains a bit of it. No real presence at all of any the characters either, including Ross. But this is a coaster, and while story is important, it's not a huge impact on the "meat and potatoes".

The coaster is great, and smooth like the old days. The loading area glows green and pulsates when a train is dispatched. The new launch effect is great too, but my minor gripe is that it was too "bright" and personally felt the tunnel needed a fog effect or some sort of audio cue (like Banner's old "I think it's going to work"). Either way, it's much better than what we used to have. Other than that, no complaints. The soundtrack (which is just an instrumental) by Stump adds another dimension to the ride, and you would not know it was done by him unless you read the release (Hey guys, we do have a main site that said all this.... ;) )

Either way, it's the Hulk we all know and love, just modernized to a much better result. There are some misses, but it's still a huge improvement on what we had beforehand. Can't complain about that.

I dont even feel like i need to review it now. This is pretty much exactly what i would have written. It was great at night time thats all i really have to add

As a big FOB fan (and a fan of Stump's solo album), I recognize his typical "sound", so i'll have to hear it to judge. Certainly the general public won't think "Why was Patrick Stump in my ear" afterwards ( :lol: ), but I think FOB's fanbase may recognize the sound.
It's very similar to Explode.

Reactions: Nick

Pretty much agree. Was able to ride it five times and the front of the train is smoother then the back for sure. The launch audio in the tube was easy to hear in the front of the train but if you sit in the back of it it's really hard to hear. The on board audio is also here and there, at some points its easy to hear and other points not so easy. Overall, it was a major improvement, however, with so much of the queue having the same layout and just new effects replacing the old ones (such as the bubbles in the water being replaced with the rotating DNA strands and so on) it feels like the ride was down too long. Don't get me wrong, I am vary happy with the refurb, but at the same time I feel like there should have been a bigger bang for it being down as long as it was. On another note, did anyone else feel like the back end of the ride after the MCBR felt a little slower? Also I felt really dumb because I put my card in the locker even though I obviously needed it to get the locker back open... I'm just so use to the finger print lockers and throwing everything in the locker, at least I know I wont be the last. I do have to say, the new locker system is better then the finger print one. Overall, I would give the upgrades a 8/10, a few misses but that's expected, but a great ride none the less.

This will sound stupid initially, but there's absolutely no way to get a camera and shoot video for any of this? I know Brian snapped a couple pics but was video a complete no-go?

OU needs to invest in a spy-cam. :lol:

So about that AC...it is/was planned unless it was cut. Maybe they're just not installed or turned it on yet? It was one of the reasons I was surprised it opened early because as of the statue unveiling, there was no AC. As with most rides, there was so much more planned that was cut, but I'd hope AC isn't one of them.

Glad to see its opening with the park.

So about that AC...it is/was planned unless it was cut. Maybe they're just not installed or turned it on yet? It was one of the reasons I was surprised it opened early because as of the statue unveiling, there was no AC. As with most rides, there was so much more planned that was cut, but I'd hope AC isn't one of them.

Glad to see its opening with the park.

Talked to Brian last night, there is AC but he says it's clearly underperforming. I guess it's a similar issue to Kong during TM previewsand will be rectified.

Based on what I heard about attendance recently it seems they might have opened this slightly early to alleviate crowds as it doesn't sound done.

AHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO BE THERE ON FRIDAY!

too bad I can't leave work until 6pm, get home pick up the gf by 7pm, won't be in Orlando 'til after park closing.. will have to wait until Saturday morning.

Guys, this is an amazing time to be a Universal fan.. 3 BRAND NEW EXPERIENCES this weekend:
1. Staying in Sapphire Falls for the first time
2. Riding Kong for the first time
3. Riding new Hulk for the first time

My brain is exploding and I can't get anything done at work.

:cry::dance::drool::hail::tongue::pixie:

This is going to be an ops nightmare with the locker situation. There will very likely be a much higher than normal amount of people getting locked out of their lockers.

I know Magic Bands are unpopular and i'm not advocating for something like them, but this is certainly a case where things would move along much quicker and without issue if guests always had their "cards" with them while on the ride without even needing to remember to bring them.