Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
got 8 laps on it last week when we were there.. what a great ride - that launch is fantastic! In our 8 rides we had minimal headbanging in the front and back, much more in the middle - but even then it was tolerable.

I've rode a couple of times this week and the on-board audio is extremely hard to hear now. It was a lot more loud and clear last year. Only time I can hear it is when the ride is done.

I've rode a couple of times this week and the on-board audio is extremely hard to hear now. It was a lot more loud and clear last year. Only time I can hear it is when the ride is done.
I rode it yesterday and totally forgot that there even was onboard audio until we were back in the station.
Has the back half received any landscaping yet?
From what I saw on the ride, no

Who would have thought a humans ears weren't located in their knees! Poor speaker placement during the refurbishment. Creative should have figured out a way to place them near or in the headrests.

Who would have thought a humans ears weren't located in their knees! Poor speaker placement during the refurbishment. Creative should have figured out a way to place them near or in the headrests.

Yeah I mean there's almost no point. The only time you can really hear it is in the launch tunnel and at the end. But I feel like it was louder last year. There's also already a lot of wear and tear in the tracks but I guess how long can you expect a fresh paint job to last on a ride being operational 12-13 hours a day 365 days a year

Yeah there's landscaping. The ride opened with desert themed landscaping.

That's disappointing. There's a few ways to look at all this:

1) You would assume that Disney would have something to say about it if they think this doesn't properly represent the Marvel brand.
2) Universal think this is perfectly acceptable.
3) If Dr Dooms goes and a new attraction is coming, are they going to retheme the back of the ride to fit the new attraction?

I think we're forgetting how bad of shape Hulk was before the refurbishment. Hulk 2.0 didn't live up to the original plans or our expectations, but the queue and overall experience is better.
Only think I would have changed is made the ride floorless and used those wider restraints

And potentially some interactivity in the queue

Otherwise I feel it is an improvement on every good aspect of the ride

Got my last rides of the year in yesterday and the on ride audio was 10 times better. I was actually able to hear it as the ride was going. I can definitely say the ride is still much smoother than in the past. I'm not seeing stars when I get off.

Reactions: Speed
Yes. I was definitely hoping for more. Plus a less headbanging experience. A lost opportunity. So much spent, so little accomplished. Almost like a Disney Imagineering project in regards to cost vs. outcome.

At least we are not wondering if a footing will fail with a car on the track. The rest - yeah, I wanted a RnR experience but got the same old Hulk without the cool roar.