Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 262 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I Rode today. I haven’t kept up with this thread much since I got to ride as soon as the refurb was done, but I didn’t realize much of the water underneath the ride was gone. The entire back half of the ride is like desert themed or something. I guess it’s intentional but IMO it looks terrible.

Or maybe I’m going crazy and it’s always been like that. :saywhat:

I Rode today. I haven’t kept up with this thread much since I got to ride as soon as the refurb was done, but I didn’t realize much of the water underneath the ride was gone. The entire back half of the ride is like desert themed or something. I guess it’s intentional but IMO it looks terrible.

Or maybe I’m going crazy and it’s always been like that. :saywhat:
Secret tests usually are done in a desert areas, hence the scenery. I think before there was not much in teh back half, though I can't clearly remember either now.

Edit: Old POV, no desert.

Last edited:
I really wish they'd stop with the mist in the tunnel underneath the bridge. Yeah it looks cool, but did they learn nothing from how badly the track corroded?

Reactions: tankart150
Anyone know why hulk has been down for two days? Seems like a last minute decision to have it down over a weekend?

Today there was a high lift and employees inspecting the cobra roll, issues already with the track?

Yes. I was definitely hoping for more. Plus a less headbanging experience. A lost opportunity. So much spent, so little accomplished. Almost like a Disney Imagineering project in regards to cost vs. outcome.
I would have been happy with the refurb if the new ride was smooth. My last experience was miserable. Waited forever in the boiling queue that doesn't hold your attention for long just to experience what felt like the same old Hulk. :(

Staying at Universal this week, and rode the Hulk earlier. This is the first time I've been on Hulk since the refurb, I was last at Universal in 2016 and the refurb was still being done so I didn't get to ride it.

I love the ride its awesome, but I was kinda disappointed that the speakers on my car(?) were already shot. The new Hulk is only 2 years old and the speakers already don't work right. The audio would cut in and out and when the speakers did stay on it was short and not loud enough. So I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to experience the rides soundtrack.

Staying at Universal this week, and rode the Hulk earlier. This is the first time I've been on Hulk since the refurb, I was last at Universal in 2016 and the refurb was still being done so I didn't get to ride it.

I love the ride its awesome, but I was kinda disappointed that the speakers on my car(?) were already shot. The new Hulk is only 2 years old and the speakers already don't work right. The audio would cut in and out and when the speakers did stay on it was short and not loud enough. So I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to experience the rides soundtrack.

I agree, ride seems rough and the audio is hit or miss. Those two likely play into each other.

Reactions: tankart150

TBH some of the speakers didn't last the first year....

Went on the hulk 3 days ago and the same thing always happens. My head never hurts when I get off, and I find this ride fairly smooth. My dad rode it with me and he said he had a headache and it was super rough. Idk if it’s age difference or height but idk why my head never bumps around.

Went on the hulk 3 days ago and the same thing always happens. My head never hurts when I get off, and I find this ride fairly smooth. My dad rode it with me and he said he had a headache and it was super rough. Idk if it’s age difference or height but idk why my head never bumps around.
It depends for me...Some rides it is fine, other rides the cobra roll really kills me

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
The corkscrew following the helix around the station has always given me a little headbanging issues over the years, but that's about it for that.
I was extremely surprised that they didn't re-engineer that inversion during the rebuild, or remove it entirely. It's one of the more awkwardly placed inversions that I've experienced.

TBH some of the speakers didn't last the first year....

Serious? Thats odd considering 2016 was also the first year I rode Rockit, the speakers still worked properly and the ride was already a few years old. I haven't been on it yet this week, but I'd be surprised if they didn't work.

The only difference is Hulk goes through mist tunnels while Rockit does not. But even still, they do make waterproof speakers.