Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 265 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just got back from a week in Universal. Rode Hulk quite a few times. The on board audio was non existent. Only one time I was able to make it out (barely).

Also, I’ve been riding this for years, and it seems like after the brake, the whole back half has gotten slower. Maybe it’s just my imagaination after years and years of riding, but it seemed a lot slower than usual

Have you submitted a complaint to UOR? This could add on a level of accountability verbal complaints can’t.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Have you submitted a complaint to UOR? This could add on a level of accountability verbal complaints can’t.

The thought of sending a complaint never crossed my mind. I just wanted to bring it up on here to see if I’m the only one that feels it’s gotten slower. Though, I can’t help but think the last few years while riding and waiting in the queue, that this was closed for a full year and it hardly has changed.

Don’t get me wrong I still love the ride and it’s probably my favorite coaster. I think I’d be more justified in sending a complaint about the state of Dudley Do Right. But I’ll go into detail about that in another thread.

Definetly agree! The queue is pretty swampy during the summer/fall, and the ride is still pretty rough! Makes me only want to ride it once while I’m there.

The inner seats provide a fairly smooth ride, to me at least.

Unfortunately, because I’m always a single rider (regardless of which queue I’m in), it means I inevitably get put in the outer seats. Which are really rough.

Bring on JP Coaster.

Reactions: truejonas
The inner seats provide a fairly smooth ride, to me at least.

Unfortunately, because I’m always a single rider (regardless of which queue I’m in), it means I inevitably get put in the outer seats. Which are really rough.

Bring on JP Coaster.

Same. I'm usually fortunate enough to get put towards the front, but last time I was there I was in the last car. I didn't think it was that different of an experience, but I also only go on a few times a year (once per trip), so I may not be able to accurately compare.

Some of these rides are nearly eight years older.... of course, they may have more downtime... still not excuse for rebuilding the ride from scratch and have it rougher then a coaster that was built years before it.
Ok, is the cobra roll misshapen to anyone else or is it just me? I had a major headbang moment on that section consistently....For the record, I've never had that on any cobra roll ever

So, i made an account here because I wanted to add to this thread. I have been on Hulk many times and have experienced headaches almost every time, until recently. On a recent visit I decided to try positioning my head forward (after the launch, don't do it before the launch it will just get pinned back). I found that no matter what row or seat I ride in, even last row, I don't experience ANY head-banging this way. And the coaster feels smooth as silk because you move along with it. Just stay loose and keep your head forward after the launch, I think you will find it is a great ride through.

So, i made an account here because I wanted to add to this thread. I have been on Hulk many times and have experienced headaches almost every time, until recently. On a recent visit I decided to try positioning my head forward (after the launch, don't do it before the launch it will just get pinned back). I found that no matter what row or seat I ride in, even last row, I don't experience ANY head-banging this way. And the coaster feels smooth as silk because you move along with it. Just stay loose and keep your head forward after the launch, I think you will find it is a great ride through.
Welcome to the Forums. :thumbsup:

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I rode the coaster recently this past weekend, onboard audio seemed to be working just fine. Didn't notice the shakiness, although, I felt that the coaster was a lot more intense than usual.

Two good smooth rides last week and no headbanging for the first time ever. All the planets must have been perfectly aligned.....And to top it off, I finally talked Alene into riding it. It had been a standing joke every vacation that I would ask her if she would give it a try. She always said no , never ever, and that it looked too scary. Unexpectedly, this time she said she would try it 'once'. She rode it and surprisingly said she liked it, but she had kept her eyes closed during the entire ride. But she said she wanted to do it again, with her eyes open. So the next day she rode it a second time, and loved it. She had me take a photo of her next to the Hulk statue, with both her arms extended thumbs up. She posted it on her Facebook page and got a ton of likes. As she bragged that she had conquered her fears....And, as a reward, I bought her a Hulk coffee mug at the MSHI comic store. It now sits on her desk at Children's Hospital as a bragging symbol, and a good cup to drink her coffee from.

Two good smooth rides last week and no headbanging for the first time ever. All the planets must have been perfectly aligned.....And to top it off, I finally talked Alene into riding it. It had been a standing joke every vacation that I would ask her if she would give it a try. She always said no , never ever, and that it looked too scary. Unexpectedly, this time she said she would try it 'once'. She rode it and surprisingly said she liked it, but she had kept her eyes closed during the entire ride. But she said she wanted to do it again, with her eyes open. So the next day she rode it a second time, and loved it. She had me take a photo of her next to the Hulk statue, with both her arms extended thumbs up. She posted it on her Facebook page and got a ton of likes. As she bragged that she had conquered her fears....And, as a reward, I bought her a Hulk coffee mug at the MSHI comic store. It now sits on her desk at Children's Hospital as a bragging symbol, and a good cup to drink her coffee from.
Where did you sit? You think it made a difference?

Reactions: Mad Dog
The "Front Row Line" at Hulk has been removed. Now just a standard "both lanes open." Those who want to ride in the front now join a small queue on the loading platform ala Everest or RnRC.
Just curious, did you happen to notice a decrease in people opting to wait for front row, or was it the same as it usually is?

Where did you sit? You think it made a difference?
I most always get a seat somewhere near mid train. So, basically the same seats where, in the past, my head always got banged around. I've ridden it a bunch of times since the refurb, and these two ridea were much smoother than before. Even Alene, who is no great coaster fan, remarked that the rides were really smooth. I have no idea why though. Both days were 90 degree temperature days .

Reactions: JoeCamel