Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Did we ride the same coaster? Because when I rode it a few weeks ago it was incredibly rough. Spine crushingly rough.

Inner vs. outer seats is THE decider. And I'm pretty much always a single rider, which means I get the outer. Which is why I :rolleyes: whenever someone says IOA shouldn't add any big coasters because there's already Hulk.

Inner vs. outer seats is THE decider. And I'm pretty much always a single rider, which means I get the outer. Which is why I :rolleyes: whenever someone says IOA shouldn't add any big coasters because there's already Hulk.

This explains a lot. I was confused on our recent trip when I came off Hulk with a sore head and my wife enjoyed it as much as ever. I was in the outside seat though, so that is probably why.

Outside is definitely more "rough" than the middle 2 seats but I think that adds to the experience. Id go ride back row of HRRR rn if you really want to feel a rough coaster.

Given how a coaster works, I just can't see being on the outside or the inside having a major difference in the 'roughness'. More intense on the outside, sure but not more rough.

Given how a coaster works, I just can't see being on the outside or the inside having a major difference in the 'roughness'. More intense on the outside, sure but not more rough.
Try riding the inside and outside of X2 at Magic Mountain and you will see a significant difference on how rough a ride is.

After hearing about the awfulness of the vest restraints on Banshee I hesitate to want them to include them on Hulk...But a different restraint would sure make a difference

For years, I've been too chicken to ever try going on the Hulk. But, I really feel like I should just get over myself and give it a try.

How intense is Hulk compared to Rock n' Roller Coaster? What would the closest Cedar Point equivalent coaster be (those are the only frame of references I have)?

For years, I've been too chicken to ever try going on the Hulk. But, I really feel like I should just get over myself and give it a try.

How intense is Hulk compared to Rock n' Roller Coaster? What would the closest Cedar Point equivalent coaster be (those are the only frame of references I have)?

The launch into the zero-g roll is a pretty intense and unique feeling. But everything else on the ride should be no problem if you can handle RnRC. Sit near the middle of the train for a slightly less harrowing ride.

RnRc is in the dark so I consider it a bit more crazy...Hulk is a traditional B&M besides the beginning...After that it's a pretty standard coaster

Montu, Shiekra, Mako and Manta are smooth as glass. Kraken and Kumba definitely lean more in Hulk’s direction.

RnRc is in the dark so I consider it a bit more crazy...Hulk is a traditional B&M besides the beginning...After that it's a pretty standard coaster

Hulk is *significantly* more intense than RNRC. That can’t even be debated. I grey out nearly every ride during the first few elements. Nothing on RNRC comes close to that. Plus after the launch and first 2 inversions, RNRC aid a big nothing burger

Hulk is *significantly* more intense than RNRC. That can’t even be debated. I grey out nearly every ride during the first few elements. Nothing on RNRC comes close to that. Plus after the launch and first 2 inversions, RNRC aid a big nothing burger

Crazy doesn’t mean intense!

The roughness is due to the wheel assembly being underneath the outside seats. On B&M coasters the inner two seats prove to be smoother as they are more inline with the track and don't have the same direct amount of rattle from the wheel assembly. Another major factor in the smoothness of B&M coasters is weight, just a few open seats can increase the rattle exponentially if the wheels are already worn down as the train will vibrate more. For the smoothest ride, try one of the first few rows in one of the middle seats.