Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not so puzzling they can refurb Hulk without approval from Disney.Tearing down and building new ride would have to be approved.
I have not seen the contract but i wonder if refurbish cost comes out of Disney money ? or a least reduces the amount sent to Disney .
Universal gets a new ride in less than a year and Disney has to pay for at least some of it ?

Universal doesn't actually deal with Disney. They deal directly with Marvel.

...and yes, this was approved by both parties.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
If they are going to replace some track they might as well replace it all, especially since they can afford it. To have some parts old and others new would also mean an uneven aging, so maybe that is the reason.
Would be interesting to know how many supports have been removed at the back and will be interesting to see if supports are removed at the front part.

I was at the park yesterday and couldn't see any track whatsoever behind storm force accelatron. There was also a very large crane on the bridge from port of entry to mshi. Perhaps we will see some more track come down soon! Sorry, I didn't even think to take pictures!

On doom I saw that ugly hulk car (the one in front of the ride with the hair and graphics all over it) right next to the hulk statue. Really cool stuff

Finally have time to take a break from working on future Universal projects! Photo updates I've seen of the deconstruction are almost surreal and what Hate said about the footer removal supports what I had thought off months ago. So the question from me to insiders is will Hulk and/or Kong be opened by April 29th? It's a longshot but maybe soft openings at least?

Finally have time to take a break from working on future Universal projects! Photo updates I've seen of the deconstruction are almost surreal and what Hate said about the footer removal supports what I had thought off months ago. So the question from me to insiders is will Hulk and/or Kong be opened by April 29th? It's a longshot but maybe soft openings at least?

I would say it'd be a longshot.

Reactions: traveller
my money is on hate to fly. but who cares its all about the hulk on this post.

For them to start disposing all the seats and even some coaster part tracks...i think its safe to say this is a MAJOR REFURBISHMENT.

Let's not get carried away... Wasn't all the track replaced on Big Thunder recently? Too, as pathetic as it may have been, something major was done to space mountain. While I know there might be arguments to this, Disney does it too... inevitably.

Let's not get carried away... Wasn't all the track replaced on Big Thunder recently? Too, as pathetic as it may have been, something major was done to space mountain. While I know there might be arguments to this, Disney does it too... inevitably.

Yea, but Disney. I keed.

WDW Space Mountain was to get a full track replacement and additional supports. That and the new fleet of rockets were cut so late in the design process that the cut marks on the ride were spraypainted! What we got instead was a few hundred feet of track replaced, sanded track and a darker ride throughout. The track now has degraded to the point they had to install magnetic brakes to slow the rockets down before the big drop. The turn and helix at the bottom of the ride needed to be protected and obviously can't take a full speed rocket anymore.

WDW BTM was to get a full rebuilt as well... but changed to sanding out the rough spots of the track and refurbing the old trains.

DL BTM and Space Mountain were rebuilt by Dynamic Attractions. BTM was fully replaced, but the lifts on Space Mountain were preserved and used on the new 2005 Space Mountain.

DLP Space Mountain has had a few track sections replaced. The next step is a new fleet of Vekoma MK-1212 shells for the trains with vest restraints. Vekoma brought a MK-1212 shell there a few years ago, installed it on a train and they ran it for a few lucky people afterhours. The result was positive and a great improvement, so those trains are coming. This is the MK-1212 standard shell and WDI showed earlier this year a few concept arts of what they will do to them for Space Mountain.

boomerang-walibi-trein.jpg

WDW Space Mountain was to get a full track replacement and additional supports. That and the new fleet of rockets were cut so late in the design process that the cut marks on the ride were spraypainted! What we got instead was a few hundred feet of track replaced, sanded track and a darker ride throughout. The track now has degraded to the point they had to install magnetic brakes to slow the rockets down before the big drop. The turn and helix at the bottom of the ride needed to be protected and obviously can't take a full speed rocket anymore.

WDW BTM was to get a full rebuilt as well... but changed to sanding out the rough spots of the track and refurbing the old trains.

DL BTM and Space Mountain were rebuilt by Dynamic Attractions. BTM was fully replaced, but the lifts on Space Mountain were preserved and used on the new 2005 Space Mountain.

DLP Space Mountain has had a few track sections replaced. The next step is a new fleet of Vekoma MK-1212 shells for the trains with vest restraints. Vekoma brought a MK-1212 shell there a few years ago, installed it on a train and they ran it for a few lucky people afterhours. The result was positive and a great improvement, so those trains are coming. This is the MK-1212 standard shell and WDI showed earlier this year a few concept arts of what they will do to them for Space Mountain.

boomerang-walibi-trein.jpg

Pretty scary to read that about WDW's Space Mountain. Long over do for a re-haul.