Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately people couldn't heed the warnings of leaving all items in locker. Takes a few to ruin it for all.
well I think after that horrible incident where the guy lost his only lasting eye on dragon challenge this became standard for all coasters. I'm not sure if rrr has lockers.

It probably does not seem like it to most people, but 45 seconds (additionally) is a long time strapped in. They could really beef up the storyline with that amount of time before or after. Disney's mouth should close about maintenance of marvel's brand after this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
Is there any real reason for the metal detectors for the coasters? I've never been through one at any Cedar Fair or Six Flags park... nor Busch Gardens or SeaWorld. Is this becoming a new thing?

Is there any real reason for the metal detectors for the coasters? I've never been through one at any Cedar Fair or Six Flags park... nor Busch Gardens or SeaWorld. Is this becoming a new thing?
Short story -
  • People won't leave things in lockers even though they are provided for free.
  • Someone on Dragon Challenge lost their remaining good eye, it cost Universal a shed load of cash.
  • No items allowed on the open coasters anymore - (Hulk, RRR, DC)
My guess would be that if the other parks have accidents, they'll do something similar.

Reactions: Blue and Ryno27
Short story -
  • People won't leave things in lockers even though they are provided for free.
  • Someone on Dragon Challenge lost their remaining good eye, it cost Universal a shed load of cash.
  • No items allowed on the open coasters anymore - (Hulk, RRR, DC)
My guess would be that if the other parks have accidents, they'll do something similar.
Just to add, most articles were not being ejected from an accidental standpoint during the ride , the (younger crowd) was actually tossing items during the near-miss portions of the ride intentionally hitting the opposing riders. I have witnessed it twice, and reported immediately to no avail.

I wanted to add about Metal Detectors on the three coasters.Hulk and Rip ride Both have guests walking under Rides So guest safety for non riders is an issue .On Dragons Challenge it is more about if a front row rider looses cell phone that smacks rider further back .I would bet universal has engineering data an the effect of cell phone strikes at speeds of those coasters. Plus Dragons challenge had the eye incident that any future lawsuit about this ride would be sure to bring up (careless indifference)

I myself heard a cell phone hit a wood fence in the back of Twisters old entrance que .It was loud and imagine it would have hurt badly if hit with it.

While we are talking about metal detectors on Hulk .
Do you think this issue would be a criteria Universal would use when considering new rides
Mummy and Gringots do not have them. Speed too low is my guess.
Plus both are inside so nothing launched will fly away.
Screen based attractions do not have Spiderman,Transformers and I assume Kong do not need.

Reactions: Ryno27
While we are talking about metal detectors on Hulk .
Do you think this issue would be a criteria Universal would use when considering new rides
Mummy and Gringots do not have them. Speed too low is my guess.
Plus both are inside so nothing launched will fly away.
Screen based attractions do not have Spiderman,Transformers and I assume Kong do not need.

None of these rides go upside down, or have negative g forces or weightlessness and they are all very enclosed in the RV, so I am guessing it's never an issues.

A new comment on OI from Unknown creates a bit of a twist to his previous comment.....A question from poster HRTR on the topic; "So other sites have run with your words and are pointing out that this is listed at 2:15 on the original description from UOR. Me thinks someone is not counting the whole ride when they said 1:30, maybe Seth?".....Unknown then replies "Could be a misunderstanding on my part. I know the on board audio will extend the time "............................More discussion fodder. And it's obvious this first comment refers to our discussions on Orlando United. :)

A new comment on OI from Unknown creates a bit of a twist to his previous comment.....A question from poster HRTR on the topic; "So other sites have run with your words and are pointing out that this is listed at 2:15 on the original description from UOR. Me thinks someone is not counting the whole ride when they said 1:30, maybe Seth?".....Unknown then replies "Could be a misunderstanding on my part. I know the on board audio will extend the time "............................More discussion fodder. And it's obvious this first comment refers to our discussions on Orlando United. :)

Sources are a tricky business. From other things I've seen in the past, he's got good info; but no one can hit 1.000. He still may very well be right, I just trust our source better on this one.

Same ride, just with a few more bells & whistles.

Sources are a tricky business. From other things I've seen in the past, he's got good info; but no one can hit 1.000. He still may very well be right, I just trust our source better on this one.

Same ride, just with a few more bells & whistles.

Its good that you are still giving him respect while being in disagreement. I like to see stuff like that. :) Its a lot better than name calling and other such stuff.

I know it's been said it's the same but this looks higher to me for some reason??
@bioreconstruct CbDP-IcWAAApUIa-1.jpg
By the way ush fans are in heaven right now at Wizarding world soft opening, twitter is blowing up!!

Reactions: Ryno27
I was thinking about what could extend the ride time and i thought about Thunderbird at Holiday World. It is the only other launched B&M and it has LIM magnets. Right after it leaves the station it loads into this shed and stalls for a moment with sound effects and fog then takes off. Is it possible for hulk to "stall" in the tunnel while something happens in there like a screen/audio then take off uphill?

^ I agree. I think holding the train in the tube for a couple extra seconds at a standstill (especially at that incline) would intensify the experience and build anticipation even more. Plus give us some more needed story. Currently once your train dispatches it's too soon to launch imo. Its all over so quickly at that point. Watch this video for those that haven't ridden in a while and think about how cool the launch tube would be loaded with some 4k, gasp, SCREENZ.