Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like that the image gives us a look into the tunnel work.
My hope for the restraints is that they are like this. The newer B&M restraints that remind me a lot of Manta and I think those are comfortable and friendlier for people of all sizes. (photo Courtesy of Themeparkreview.com in the Winter Chill out Cedar Point Update by user ElToroMillieniumForce
thumb_img_0440_6.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27 and fryoj
^ I'd be shocked to see any restraint system other than the one above.

Of course everything about this project has made no sense to me.....

Reactions: UniversalCityFL
seems like the track portion has gone silent in the past week. Hopefully it picks up soon (those footers have been curing for 30 days havent they?) and hopefully the inside is moving along nicely.

Reactions: Ryno27
Those are the same restraints used on banshee at kings island.. very comfortable for big hosses! Banshee is basically a newer version of dragons challenge, which from what I can tell uses the older restraints.

My hope for the restraints is that they are like this. The newer B&M restraints that remind me a lot of Manta and I think those are comfortable and friendlier for people of all sizes. (photo Courtesy of Themeparkreview.com in the Winter Chill out Cedar Point Update by user ElToroMillieniumForce
thumb_img_0440_6.jpg

seems like the track portion has gone silent in the past week. Hopefully it picks up soon (those footers have been curing for 30 days havent they?) and hopefully the inside is moving along nicely.

They still have a ways to go, the supports are being attached to the footings so the track is not far off. They are working in the launch tunnel and I saw them touching up the outside of the queue building in preparation for installing the signage a couple of days ago.

good info.. sounds like they are still moving and quite frankly, the track and supports can go up quickly.. its the station / queue that takes the longest

thumb_img_0440_6.jpg
My problem with these restraints is that you can't put your hands up. I've also heard from other people saying that the vests are a bit tight and uncomfortable.

My problem with these restraints is that you can't put your hands up. I've also heard from other people saying that the vests are a bit tight and uncomfortable.

I will enjoy those rather than banging my head off what they had before. It was bad enough I stopped riding once the detectors went in. Really looking forward to new track and a smooth ride for a few years.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I will enjoy those rather than banging my head off what they had before. It was bad enough I stopped riding once the detectors went in. Really looking forward to new track and a smooth ride for a few years.
I hated the old restrains. Riding the old hulk was a burden for me because it was so rough. I'm saying I hope UC asked B&M to custom-design lap bar only restraints. I know for a fact it's physically possible. Mack designed Helix at Liseberg with lap only restraints and it has 7 inversions. I've heard they're super comfortable too.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I hated the old restrains. Riding the old hulk was a burden for me because it was so rough. I'm saying I hope UC asked B&M to custom-design lap bar only restraints. I know for a fact it's physically possible. Mack designed Helix at Liseberg with lap only restraints and it has 7 inversions. I've heard they're super comfortable too.

They're possible, but I wouldn't expect anything other than the newer B&M OTS vests

I've never seen a B&M with inversions have only lap bars. I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe we can get just the rubber vests and lose the arm bars from the newer B&M over the shoulder restraints.

Reactions: Tylereapple
Aren't the shoulder restraints needed for the launch rather than the inversions? I was always under the impression they were necessary to keep people from leaning forward and then being slammed back into their seats once the launch occurs.

At Screamscape they have pictures of two track pieces on the way to Universal . Could any holdup on the retracking be because they do not have the next piece of track ? Supposedly there are some track pieces behind MIB .

Thats probably the idea!

I've only been on one coaster with them, and that was Swarm at Thorpe Park (Winged B&M) and to be honest, I don't remember them being uncomfortable, or comfortable. They didn't take away or add anything to the experience, which allowed me to concentrate on the ride itself

Reactions: Brervixen
on banshee, I can get my shoulder to rotate about half way up, not as good as all the way, but makes for a fun ride through the ending barrel roll / inline twist

LALwY6b.jpg