Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This should be interesting to see happen due to they could possibly change the name and color scheme to work better with the area. It'd also allow them to get rid of the use of Storm for that attraction aswell.

It's closing on Monday. It'll reopen Nov 15.

Duh, I am just realizing that they are removing the uppermost supports for the cobra roll. Probably the sway weight would have been destructive to the bases. Some of the lower supports lean at a 40 degree angle and will probably be detached from their bases all together.

They got rid of the supports in those most recent pictures. definitely will be interesting to see this shape out.

This is all so surreal to me. I don't remember a time when the hulk wasn't there. As much as I think it's an eyesore, It's as universal to me as the globe. To see it just going away is a strange feeling lol

How is Hulk an eyesore? :lol: It's what makes IOA IOA and there is no skyline without it.

It's not an abomination or a mediocre coaster. I just said it's as iconic as the globe so there's no real hate. I just think the gigantic, bright green, ridiculously loud rollercoaster right at the front of the entrance can be a bit of an eyesore at times. Rockit has the exact same thing yet everybody loves to complain about that thing lol. But this is coming from a person who thinks the huge MK castle is an eyesore so maybe it's just me

The problem with HRRR is it breaks the theme in a nonsensical way. A modern coaster bursting out of a firehouse window in NYC, makes no sense. Dragons flying near Hogsmeade or a Hulk rampaging through Marvel MetroCity, or whatever the heck it's called, makes sense.

I have no problem with theme parky stuff in my theme parks as long as it makes sense.

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of the hate Disney fans have for roller coaster has more to do with them being wusses as opposed to how the coasters look. But the visibility makes the coasters an easy target if you would never ride it anyway.

I have heard zero, let me reiterate, zero complaints from Disney fans about the impending bare steel coaster they are about to drop on DHS. Just the opposite, they are excited and tout it as a much needed addition to the park. I personally, will have more problems with Slinky Dog than I ever have had with Hulk. And it has nothing to do with being able to see the track. My problem is the overall tackiness of the land itself. To me, that whole land will be an eyesore.

Yeah this has nothing to do with Disney love I just don't like it. You do make a great point disneyhead, it does make sense in its area that's why I'm saying it's not terrible. Its more of an earsore than an eyesore now that I think about it. While the roar is iconic, it sucks that it kinda obstructs the beauty of the road where you choose your first island. I honestly hope they take that out in the new version to make it more quiet. Add speakers to the new vehicles to make the ACTUAL sounds of hulk roaring with maybe some MSI techno to go along with it. This ride could really be sooooo much better I can't wait