Incredible Hulk Roughness | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Roughness

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious thought, has anybody ever had their head "pinball" against the restraints? If you don't know what I mean it is when your head slams back and forth against the padding. IMO as long as the coaster doesn't make you do that then I'm ok with roughness. However I have always had a smooth ride on Hulk. Last time I went on was in 2011 and I was in third row.

Well the last time I went was one of the best rides I've ever had the Hulk, but the other times I have gone on it in recent months it has felt really really rough to me.

If you really want a rough riding coaster go on The Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket. I really don't find the hulk a rough coaster.

You want rough? Drive to SFoG and take in a asskicking by the Ninja. Now that's rough. There is no doubt the hulk has developed a case of the B&M rattle but I believe it to be a simple train issue. I took a spin on it two days ago with no real issues but maybe I just had a good set of wheels under me :lol:

Curious thought, has anybody ever had their head "pinball" against the restraints? If you don't know what I mean it is when your head slams back and forth against the padding. IMO as long as the coaster doesn't make you do that then I'm ok with roughness. However I have always had a smooth ride on Hulk. Last time I went on was in 2011 and I was in third row.

That never happened to me on the Hulk or Dueling Dragons (I haven't been to the parks since 2007, I will still call it DD :p) but that sure as hell happened to me on the Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure and man, did that ruin the day. If I ever ride the Hulk and that happens, then I know we have a serious issue with roughness.

They're both rough.

Don't get me started on the horror stories I've seen first hand on HRRR.

And I've been hearing that Hulk has been getting rougher. Didn't realize how bad the roughness is. Teebin, I know you have a different opinion this, but I have definitely heard it frequently in recent weeks.

I thought the Hulk was too rough the last time too. It seemed like there was a lot of "play" between the wheels and track, where the train could wobble back and forth real fast, which was very hard on the neck. Maybe it was just the section of train I sat in or something.

Oddly enough I never had issues with HRRR. Go figure. And Dragons Challenge is great for me, so it's not like Universal can't take care of a coaster or something. Maybe it's time for them to add that sand into the track that mutes the roaring....

HRRR has always been a smooth ride for me, so no troubles there, but that couple of times I've come off of Hulk I've had to relax for a little bit and by a tylenol.

However when I ride DC, I don't seem to that problem and both are B&M and made at the same time as well.

So who knows what the issue is, but my last couple of rides have ranged from bumpy, to headache inducing on Hulk.

Adding the sand could possibly make it a better experience towards the second section of the ride. For me, everything is awesome and dandy until... that corkscrew... That's when I feel my head starting to rattle, and I lean forward to avoid it from getting hurt. Granted, I can normally stand it, but since my mom and I have pretty sensitive heads, we tend to veer away from the rougher coasters. I can do DC 20 times. I have done DC 20 times. In the freezing cold.

Rockit's just starting to get out of the question for me. I'll ride it once, but the lack of relevant theming, the horrible headache I usually get from it, and the godawful video ("LET'S HIT IT; HASTA!" more like "No.") are just... Eugh. Can we please just petition the ride to be redesigned? No tower, just a launch?

The sandless supports have nothing to do with the rattle. I really do think a change of restraints to a newer more open and padded restraint would solve everyone's problem.

The sandless supports have nothing to do with the rattle. I really do think a change of restraints to a newer more open and padded restraint would solve everyone's problem.

Correct they don't. If anything new wheels and restraints would do wonders.

I had a bad car on Everest once... I swear the bearings were blown or the wheel had a chunk out of it. Yet I never felt compelled to start a thread about the coaster being summarily rough and needing to be rebuilt.

:lol:

You're taking pretty bad offense to this, TBH, Kumba for a while was pretty rough until they recently fixed it, thats why its called the B&M shake, happens to a few of their coasters for some reason or another.

I had a bad car on Everest once... I swear the bearings were blown or the wheel had a chunk out of it. Yet I never felt compelled to start a thread about the coaster being summarily rough and needing to be rebuilt.

There is also a difference between a bad car, and a collective group having their heads rattle. I second the new restraints.

Jesus M Christ, I started this to see if anyone else had these problems. I've experienced this getting worse over a few trips, with this past Feb and last week as examples. Last week I only rode once (because it caused such problems) and in Feb I rode several times to know it wasn't one car. And no one is talking about rebuilding the coaster, stop putting words in our mouths.