Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
or...the Shanghai Pirates tech for an AK "Jungle Book" attraction...;)...and maybe that's one of the reasons Rohde is checking out different types of ancient temples....
Could work, but I would love it if they used the Mystic Manor Ride System for something like that. Or even brought Mystic Manor to DAK, but just changed a few story elements around to fit the theme of the park (preferably the Asia area).

Could work, but I would love it if they used the Mystic Manor Ride System for something like that. Or even brought Mystic Manor to DAK, but just changed a few story elements around to fit the theme of the park (preferably the Asia area).

I agree when it comes to Jungle Book, and to be honest; I'd actually argue that the Pirates system would be a hindrance, as it doesn't exactly make that much sense when thinking about the world established by The Jungle Book.

If Jungle Book would be a possibility; while I know wishing for something similar to Shanghai Pan may not be entirely plausible, a Trackless dark ride Ala' MM for Jungle Book would be better suited (unless if they wanted to just slightly port MM from HK to Orlando, which, I would be fine with).

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
Is it possible that we could get two E-Tickets in this land (If it ever happens)? There's enough room for the Shanghai Pirates ride and IJA in Echo Lake, and it helps the parks capacity and takes people away from SWGE. Plus, the last thing that DHS needs right now is a low-capacity coaster with an inversion.

Reactions: tankart150
Is it possible that we could get two E-Tickets in this land (If it ever happens)? There's enough room for the Shanghai Pirates ride and IJA in Echo Lake, and it helps the parks capacity and takes people away from SWGE. Plus, the last thing that DHS needs right now is a low-capacity coaster with an inversion.
The Shanghai Pirates ride system is likely going to Epcot from what I’m hearing. It’s definitely not IJ as of right now.

What a fantastic idea...I feel MM already fits in with the 'explorer' vibe going on at AK

Reactions: tankart150
Per Jim Hill (so grain of salt and all that), Disney's current plans for Indiana Jones involve the following for 2021 (the year INDY V - at this point - is scheduled to be released, as well as the 40th anniversary of RAIDERS):

1. 6-month refurbishment of Epic Stunt Spectacular, more to improve infrastructure and sets than to radically rework the show experience itself.

2. Indiana Jones meet-and-greet.

3. New, dedicated Indy-themed store/market area (though Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost already serves that function quite well, in my view).

And that's it! As someone who loves Indiana Jones, I'll take what I can get, but this kind of small-scale thing, which Disney would likely sell as some major park addition, reminds me of the similarly small-scale initial plans for Star Wars Land.

Now, retheme Backlot Express to Marcus Brody's Museum of Antiquities AND add an actual, for-real Indiana Jones ride (of some sort), and we can talk.

Per Jim Hill (so grain of salt and all that), Disney's current plans for Indiana Jones involve the following for 2021 (the year INDY V - at this point - is scheduled to be released, as well as the 40th anniversary of RAIDERS):

1. 6-month refurbishment of Epic Stunt Spectacular, more to improve infrastructure and sets than to radically rework the show experience itself.

3. New, dedicated Indy-themed store/market area (though Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost already serves that function quite well, in my view).

And that's it! As someone who loves Indiana Jones, I'll take what I can get, but this kind of small-scale thing, which Disney would likely sell as some major park addition, reminds me of the similarly small-scale initial plans for Star Wars Land.

Now, retheme Backlot Express to Marcus Brody's Museum of Antiquities AND add an actual, for-real Indiana Jones ride (of some sort), and we can talk.
not excited for this. Fortunately though, if its' from Jim Hill it probably won't happen. :lol:

Sounds exactly like what SWGE was going to be before shareholders heard the idea and told them it was extremely stupid for such a large IP.

If something like this did come to pass (hopefully this is wrong and they are thinking bigger), it wouldn't be that much of a change to the area though, so it would still leave open the possibility of an Indy ride at some point.

If they add an actual Indy ride to DHS after SW and Mickey it could become the best park in town

If the rides were all top quality, it could be a contender, definitely.

If something like this did come to pass (hopefully this is wrong and they are thinking bigger), it wouldn't be that much of a change to the area though, so it would still leave open the possibility of an Indy ride at some point.

Sure, but you would think Disney would want to get out ahead of the capacity/overcrowding problem the park is about to have and also maximize what they have in the potential of the Indy character by putting some bigger plans into motion than the scale of the ones Jim Hill describes.

Yeah, that ain't happening. Jim Hill isn't reliable at all, and those plans sound extremely stupid.

Sure, but you would think Disney would want to get out ahead of the capacity/overcrowding problem the park is about to have and also maximize what they have in the potential of the Indy character by putting some bigger plans into motion than the scale of the ones Jim Hill describes.
I just think what he's describing sounds like that Frozen celebration that the park did in 2014 and 2015. This would promote the new Indiana Jones on a likely small budget. A ride could easily be included in this plan and this just be the first step so they have something ready when the movie comes out.

Idk, it just sounds like a quick throw-it-together type of thing to me.