Injury on ET Adventure? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Injury on ET Adventure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's... :think:

That implies it's bogus. They wouldn't want something so libelous out there if it's false.

They also wouldn't want to address if it's true, though. They would have to if it's true though. Unless they don't?

No confirmation at all makes me think it's not true.

But, a legitimate thought: What if it was a prosthetic?

I don't think they would address it on a public space like Facebook. They would get their PR team to release a statement. Then immediately release info about the HP coaster in a classic bad news sandwich move.

That's... :think:

That implies it's bogus. They wouldn't want something so libelous out there if it's false.

They also wouldn't want to address if it's true, though. They would have to if it's true though. Unless they don't?

No confirmation at all makes me think it's not true.

But, a legitimate thought: What if it was a prosthetic?
I feel like it would have been all over the news

I think this could be true as the past few days, there's been about 10 or so ET team members outside of the attraction to tell people it's not working... so basically everyone working the attraction if it was up. The only reason so many people are out there telling people it's not open (when really it only takes one person) is because they were scheduled to work these days, meaning this was not a scheduled maintenance. Since they were scheduled, Universal has to let them get their hours that they were promised (or they can probably take an Early Release if they want).

This wasn't planned so I think it's certainly possible and really, it doesn't matter how. A lot of things happen that aren't meant to. And if this is true, someone sustained a life changing injury so the "how?" doesn't really matter

I forget where, but one of the things I read said the person didn't lose the foot, but that it was twisted 180 degrees. I think there could be some exaggeration going on with the details, but it definitely sounds like something serious happened. I think the media just hasn't picked it up because they don't have any first hand reports yet, it's definitely not the first time they've missed things like this.

I forget where, but one of the things I read said the person didn't lose the foot, but that it was twisted 180 degrees. I think there could be some exaggeration going on with the details, but it definitely sounds like something serious happened. I think the media just hasn't picked it up because they don't have any first hand reports yet, it's definitely not the first time they've missed things like this.

That's what I believe the current situation is. Media hasn't picked it up do to a lack of witnesses/facts, they don't want to start guessing.

So let’s just say this really did happen and the kid was hurt. Do you think this will impact ET’s lifespan? Nothing worse then having a ride up and running that harms your foot.

So let’s just say this really did happen and the kid was hurt. Do you think this will impact ET’s lifespan? Nothing worse then having a ride up and running that harms your foot.

Many rides have had guests get injured on them. This specific case shouldn't have any bearing on the ride's continued existence, especially since it (likely) will turn out to have happened because the guest did something that should not have been done on the ride.

If it actually happened at all.