Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IOA Fun Facts

Mark Woodbury, head of Universal Creative, celebrated 25 years with the company last month. He was in charge of every significant Universal project from IOA onwards.

Daily Planet scoop vehicles instead of Daily Bugle? Haha. I always thought Batman would've worked better as a dark ride.

To this day I still believe a Batman version of the ride would be better than Spider-Man or any other possible hero. Batman's rogues are way more recognizable than the Sinister Syndicate.

To this day I still believe a Batman version of the ride would be better than Spider-Man or any other possible hero. Batman's rogues are way more recognizable than the Sinister Syndicate.

Eh, Im kinda glad we got Spiderman. Batman may be more recognizable, but some of the best moments in Spider-Man (being caught in Spidey's web, flying around New York, etc) wouldnt be possible with Batman, whos more grounded in reality. Spiderman is the more stylized comic which lends itself better to that type of attraction, IMO.

Don't know if anyone posted this, but this is an unrealized Vision of Marvel Superhero Island.

From Gary Goddard Group Facebook:
Here's a never-before-seen look at the early development of MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND at Universal's Islands Of Adventure theme park.

Back when the project was first being developed, the S&S Worldwide Space Shot ride system didn't exist, so DR. DOOM'S FEAR FALL was initially envisioned as a first generation Intamin Free Fall!

1374810_10151871272709333_903796533_n.jpg

Don't know where else to post this but Hulk use to have a tank after the corkscrew. Anyone know what happened to it? I think it would be really cool if it was still there today.

unknown.png

Sorry for the blurry pic, it's from a random on-ride POV from 2006.

Don't know where else to post this but Hulk use to have a tank after the corkscrew. Anyone know what happened to it? I think it would be really cool if it was still there today.

unknown.png

Sorry for the blurry pic, it's from a random on-ride POV from 2006.
It was reused for Disaster’s queue, I believe. Hopefully it’s still around because they should’ve added it back during the refurb.

Who does the voice of Doom in Doctor Doom's Fear Fall? I've been wanting to know this for over a year now; and since the Spider-Man ride has the VAs from the '90s show, I think Tom Kane voiced Doom because that's who his VA was when he appeared in the final season of the '90s Spider-Man cartoon.

Who does the voice of Doom in Doctor Doom's Fear Fall? I've been wanting to know this for over a year now; and since the Spider-Man ride has the VAs from the '90s show, I think Tom Kane voiced Doom because that's who his VA was when he appeared in the final season of the '90s Spider-Man cartoon.

Going around the voices..I would argue it could be actually Neil Ross over Tom Kane, more in how his tempo seems to be more close to what is heard in Fearfall as opposed to Kane's.

Just to clarify the story of the bent palm trees in Seuss Landing. The trees were not literally bent by the winds of the hurricane as a palm trunk only has so much sway to them and cannot be permanently bent by wind. Trunked palms blow over from their roots becoming loosened in the wet soil long before they would ever snap in half. What did happen to bend them was the hurricanes blew the entire palm tree partially over, lets say at a 70 degree angle. All plants want to grow towards the sun, so the trees just naturally started growing their new trunks upwards creating a bend.

Those are Washington Palms which grow very fast, especially in south Florida. A few of them had to have been caught up in more than one hurricane as they bend twice, meaning they were blown over in one direction at some point and then the opposite direction at a later time.
Dredged up this old Teebin post. He certainly knows his plant stuff. :thumbsup:....Interesting info, and a bit different than the generic Seuss palm story you generally hear.