1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

IOA Fun Facts

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by peaches magee, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

Did you know that when Steven Spielberg first rode the Jurassic park ride, they had to stop it at the drop so that he could go down a flight of stairs?

2. EPCOTcenter

EPCOTcenter Member

That's a really interesting fact! If I had the possibility, I would have done the same :lol: ( because I love the dinosaurs, but I am afraid of the big, final drop.. it seems enormous! :shrug:)...

3. violarum

violarum Premium Member

The drop is nothing! I thought it was super and massive when I was seven, but I rode it a couple years ago, and it's very quick and painless. The thing is that you can't let the anticipation get to you. The drop itself is small, but the theming makes it look so incredibly intense, lol. You can do it!

Dhdhddh likes this.
  4. EPCOTcenter

EPCOTcenter Member

Ok, I'll try :thumbs: (Hope to survive :lol:)

5. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

Trust me, one of the greatest feelings you could ever experience at a theme park is the feeling you get right after the drop.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  6. Ash

Ash Member

I believe the person you hear die is Captain America not wolverine or tony stark.

7. Gambit

Gambit --House Elf-- Premium Member

If you go down by the water behind Mythos in the Lost Continent there's is a bridge with a troll sleeping under it. You can hear him snoring and occasionally wake up and ask who's there. And wouldn't you know it, I just so happened to haven taken a video the other day of him snoring.

[video=youtube;Td4Go1ftaJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td4Go1ftaJI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Joel and BJCool like this.
  8. Bryce

Bryce Member

Ah! I've heard that before. It really freaked me out, as I had no clue where it was coming from.

Thanks for confirming this!

9. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

I think this was in another thread but I go here every year and always walk by and literally have never heard this. Also I believe there's another one that's supposedly there is Wolverine going crazy or something like that. Has anyone ever heard these?

10. knokout1

knokout1 Premium Member

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found it on the Disney and More facebook page, and thought it would be cool to share here.

[​IMG]

11. derekburgan

derekburgan Newcomer

Maybe what people are thinking of are the two sets of "call boxes" found on Marvel Island. One is across from the Fantastic Four Diner and the other is a set of three between the Spider-Man photo op and the refreshment stand (the one place in Marvel Island with a wide open view of the Lagoon). If you pick up one of the three call boxes it's a "villains hotline" type of deal where they say "there's a wolverine sighting at _______, so be careful" etc or "The Avengers are out of town so now's the chance to ______." The call box by the Fantastic Four diner is more hero based but I can't remember what it says. Very similar to the concept over by The Simpsons Ride where you pick up the phone and it's a Simpsons character talking to you. ( http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012...didnt-know-you-could-do-at-universal-orlando/ )

12. Bryce

Bryce Member

I do wish MSHI had a bit of a darker atmosphere, as portrayed in this picture.

13. Nitro_230

Nitro_230 Member

Doom Alley is supposed to be darker. When you go down there you'll note it has darker BGM and a darker theme.

14. YETI PINTRADER

YETI PINTRADER Veteran Member

Some Seuss facts.
    The first thing put on the island was the Zax bypass. In the story the zax stood for so long that a city was built around them. Seuss Landing recreated that.
    All of the trains on the Seuss Trolley ride have names that can be found on the back of the trains. These are taken from the the 23 Daves story. Train 1: Hot-Shot, 2: Oliver-Boliver, 3, Sneepy, 4, Blinkey.

15. Bryce

Bryce Member

I know. Doom Alley is my favorite part of MSHI.

16. insanepizzaguy

insanepizzaguy Premium Member

I sure wish that the rest of Doom Alley was actually built. It would be great IMO, it would have a dark atmosphere and all kinds of cool little details. There could be maps showing different villains' future plans and latest destructive inventions. It's too bad it never happened.

17. Jakemeister

Jakemeister Premium Member

Islands has expansion room and Comcast is throwing money at the parks. If their contract doesn't rule it out than I don't rule it out at this point.

18. canobie#1

canobie#1 Rookie

The dueling dragons pond under the coaster is shaped as a dragon.

19. universal_fanatic

universal_fanatic Premium Member

This was stated on the Universal Excitement website, but to be honest, I've never noticed that it looks like a dragon.
    The pond definitely isn't, so I tried including the ponds and the ground, but it's still a bit of a stretch.

[​IMG]

20. snoopboop

snoopboop Newcomer

I've never been able to see it, either. Every time I've read/heard it, it specifically says that it's the pond. I just don't see it. ??