IOA Fun Facts | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Fun Facts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's right The post count thing... I forgot. But we both have the same amount of green boxes too.

That is a funny sign... but yes, it is for safety so it doesnt count.
I am gonna go on a hunt for a straight line. hehe

Seuss Landing is specially geared towards small children and is based on the works of author Dr. Seuss. It has several Seuss-themed attractions. There is also a Green Eggs and Ham Cafe and Circus McGurkus restaurant. One of the unique characteristics of this area is, like in the books, there is not a single straight line anywhere. Palm trees, curved by the winds of Hurricane Andrew, were even installed in the area to continue this theming.
Dr. Seuss actually never wanted his characters to be in a theme park because he thought no one would do his books justice.

When Universal planned to make an island based on his books his widow, Audrey Geisel, was reluctant of letting them do the island. After she saw the final product she was as thrilled and as excited as the engineers when they all saw the final work.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
The stuff about parts of the building being made out of styrofoam is fo sho true. When we were setting up our stores during the construction of IOA many times we would go outside and crack up because it looked like it was snowing outside! As the builders carved and shaped out the styrofoam the little pieces were blowing around and it looked like a snow storm, very funny!

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Here is a fun fact.

-That old hag that married Suess *****es about HHN. She dosn't let Universal do anything good with it. When the event is in IOA all she lets Uni do is turn the lights off and play the music backwards. At HHN 15 Uni put a temporary scarezone there anyways and that old bitty got pissed. Told you it was a fun fact didn't I.

I think we can forgive seuss since it is a fence - for safety reasons...lol...
P1040616.png

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9991&postcount=316

Lol…Brian just finished telling me that there are no straight lines in Seuss Landing when I spotted this fence.

Back from the dead.

The Lighthouse as inspired by the Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria, Egpyt, one of the 7 wonders of the world.

Water Rides: Blutos and Ripsaw drain into and get their water from the main lagoon. If they are e-stopped, it opens "gates" and the water rushes out of the ride. JP, however, drains into a second small area behind the ride, not the show lagoon.

Tric Encounter: Been told that the Trics are still in the paddocks but are missing skin or somewhat dismantled.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Water Rides: Blutos and Ripsaw drain into and get their water from the main lagoon. If they are e-stopped, it opens "gates" and the water rushes out of the ride. JP, however, drains into a second small area behind the ride, not the show lagoon.

The first part is true. Ripsaw and Popeyes do drain quickly in to the lagoon. JP does not drain when e-stopped; however the boaster pumps just shut off and all lifts stop. There is a "pond" storage are behind the attraction but it does not hold all the water for the attraction. When the attraction has to go dry. Orange county must be notified and it takes 3-4 days to drain out. The water goes in to the sewer system.

Question time: Does anyone know why Ripsaw and Popeyes can drain back to the lagoon and JP can not?
Ripsaw and Popeyes use pneumatic effects while JP uses hydraulics

Reactions: sadbunny
Here are some little easter eggs around Marvel:

Nelson and Murdock is a reference to Daredevil. Murdock being the Daredevil himself, Matt Murdock. Nelson is his best friend and associate Foggy Nelson.
IMG_9510.jpg

Stan Lee Blvd is a reference to famed comic book legend Stan Lee, but do you know where Yancy Street comes from? It's the name of the street where Benjamin Grimm (aka The Thing) grew up. He was also part of and leader of the Yancy Street Gang.
IMG_9511.jpg

Blaze and Ketch is a reference to the 2 Ghost Riders; Johnny Blaze and Daniel Ketch.
IMG_9515.jpg

The Fisk Building is a homage to Wilson Fisk, who happens to "run" the arcade. You may know him better as the "Kingpin"
IMG_9521.jpg

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit