IOA Fun Facts | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Fun Facts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did you know that when Steven Spielberg first rode the Jurassic park ride, they had to stop it at the drop so that he could go down a flight of stairs?

Did you know that when Steven Spielberg first rode the Jurassic park ride, they had to stop it at the drop so that he could go down a flight of stairs?

That's a really interesting fact! If I had the possibility, I would have done the same :lol: ( because I love the dinosaurs, but I am afraid of the big, final drop.. it seems enormous! :shrug:)...

The drop is nothing! I thought it was super and massive when I was seven, but I rode it a couple years ago, and it's very quick and painless. The thing is that you can't let the anticipation get to you. The drop itself is small, but the theming makes it look so incredibly intense, lol. You can do it!

Reactions: Dhdhddh
The drop is nothing! I thought it was super and massive when I was seven, but I rode it a couple years ago, and it's very quick and painless. The thing is that you can't let the anticipation get to you. The drop itself is small, but the theming makes it look so incredibly intense, lol. You can do it!

Ok, I'll try :thumbs: (Hope to survive :lol:)

I believe the person you hear die is Captain America not wolverine or tony stark.

If you go down by the water behind Mythos in the Lost Continent there's is a bridge with a troll sleeping under it. You can hear him snoring and occasionally wake up and ask who's there. And wouldn't you know it, I just so happened to haven taken a video the other day of him snoring.

[video=youtube;Td4Go1ftaJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td4Go1ftaJI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Reactions: Joel and BJCool
If you go down by the water behind Mythos in the Lost Continent there's is a bridge with a troll sleeping under it. You can hear him snoring and occasionally wake up and ask who's there. And wouldn't you know it, I just so happened to haven taken a video the other day of him snoring.

[video=youtube;Td4Go1ftaJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td4Go1ftaJI&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Ah! I've heard that before. It really freaked me out, as I had no clue where it was coming from.

Thanks for confirming this!

I believe the person you hear die is Captain America not wolverine or tony stark.

I think this was in another thread but I go here every year and always walk by and literally have never heard this. Also I believe there's another one that's supposedly there is Wolverine going crazy or something like that. Has anyone ever heard these?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found it on the Disney and More facebook page, and thought it would be cool to share here.

473207_528712013839274_1525420554_o.jpg

I think this was in another thread but I go here every year and always walk by and literally have never heard this. Also I believe there's another one that's supposedly there is Wolverine going crazy or something like that. Has anyone ever heard these?

Maybe what people are thinking of are the two sets of "call boxes" found on Marvel Island. One is across from the Fantastic Four Diner and the other is a set of three between the Spider-Man photo op and the refreshment stand (the one place in Marvel Island with a wide open view of the Lagoon). If you pick up one of the three call boxes it's a "villains hotline" type of deal where they say "there's a wolverine sighting at _______, so be careful" etc or "The Avengers are out of town so now's the chance to ______." The call box by the Fantastic Four diner is more hero based but I can't remember what it says. Very similar to the concept over by The Simpsons Ride where you pick up the phone and it's a Simpsons character talking to you. ( http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012...didnt-know-you-could-do-at-universal-orlando/ )

Doom Alley is supposed to be darker. When you go down there you'll note it has darker BGM and a darker theme.

Some Seuss facts.
The first thing put on the island was the Zax bypass. In the story the zax stood for so long that a city was built around them. Seuss Landing recreated that.
All of the trains on the Seuss Trolley ride have names that can be found on the back of the trains. These are taken from the the 23 Daves story. Train 1: Hot-Shot, 2: Oliver-Boliver, 3, Sneepy, 4, Blinkey.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found it on the Disney and More facebook page, and thought it would be cool to share here.

473207_528712013839274_1525420554_o.jpg

I sure wish that the rest of Doom Alley was actually built. It would be great IMO, it would have a dark atmosphere and all kinds of cool little details. There could be maps showing different villains' future plans and latest destructive inventions. It's too bad it never happened.

Islands has expansion room and Comcast is throwing money at the parks. If their contract doesn't rule it out than I don't rule it out at this point.

This was stated on the Universal Excitement website, but to be honest, I've never noticed that it looks like a dragon.
The pond definitely isn't, so I tried including the ponds and the ground, but it's still a bit of a stretch.

I've never been able to see it, either. Every time I've read/heard it, it specifically says that it's the pond. I just don't see it. ??