IOA is a 1/2 Day Park? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA is a 1/2 Day Park?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've noticed that like in 90% of the bad reviews on that site, some variance of the phrase "It's not as good as Disney!" was in it. Just a bunch of idiots snorting some pixie dust and coming online to hate on Disney's biggest rival.

Seriously it's hilarious, I swear they purposefully try to find things wrong with the resort instead of actually enjoying themselves

What IOA needs before becoming a park that takes more than a day to fill everything:
Return of Island Skipper Tours (maybe just a tour around the lagoon? could be round-trip) - not likely though, submarines could be cool RV
Dr. Doom replaced with a ToT-esque experience (still based on Fantastic Four)
Overhaul for Toon Lagoon
New E-ticket on Thunder Falls (Kong fulfills this)
Jurassic World overlay for JP (enhancements to River Adventure, flat ride in CJ, replaces Pteranodon Flyers with a more high-capacity attraction)
D-ticket family coaster in TE plot
Jurassic World aquarium and Mr.DNA dark ride to replace current Discovery Center
Great Hall added to Hogwarts
DC removed for HP 3.0 (Forbidden Forest with Big Thunder-style Hippogriff family coaster, Ford Anglia flat ride/Fantasyland-style dark ride, and Shrieking Shack show/walk-through)
Replace Lost Continent with Whoville mini-land (Grinch and Horton) or Wonka or actually add a ride (just something!)
Lorax dark ride and yearround stage show in Seuss Landing
Nighttime show
Streetmosphere around the whole park

This would make IOA a full-day park yearround (3 major attractions are near empty during winter)

What IOA needs before becoming a park that takes more than a day to fill everything:
-Return of Island Skipper Tours (maybe just a tour around the lagoon? could be round-trip) - not likely though, submarines could be cool RV I think some sort of attraction for the lagoon is needed, not the old Skipper Tour but something there would help big time.
-Dr. Doom replaced with a ToT-esque experience (still based on Fantastic Four) Honestly, Doom is pretty damn well themed for a basic amusement ride, don't see the need for this.
-Overhaul for Toon Lagoon This is a given, something will be done there by the end of the decade for sure.
-New E-ticket on Thunder Falls (Kong fulfills this) This is going to be huge for IoA
-Jurassic World overlay for JP (enhancements to River Adventure, flat ride in CJ, replaces Pteranodon Flyers with a more high-capacity attraction) I don't get the whole Jurassic World overlay thing. Jurassic Park is a well known brand and is more recognizable for people. Maybe some minor things from the movie, but an entire overlay is too much IMO. It does need some sort of 2nd attraction and a RA refurb though.
-D-ticket family coaster in TE plot This seems likely to happen, but Universal appears to want to fry their bigger fish first
Jurassic World aquarium and Mr.DNA dark ride to replace current Discovery Center An aquarium sure, but the dark ride won't happen
Great Hall added to Hogwarts I don't see this happening
DC removed for HP 3.0 (Forbidden Forest with Big Thunder-style Hippogriff family coaster, Ford Anglia flat ride/Fantasyland-style dark ride, and Shrieking Shack show/walk-through) Worst idea ever
-Replace Lost Continent with Whoville mini-land (Grinch and Horton) or Wonka or actually add a ride (just something!)I agree there needs to be some sort of ride in this area, but there isn't a ton of space to do it in and make an island close to the level of the others. I'm not sure about expanding Seuss either since the Seuss to LC transition is one of the better ones in the park.
-Lorax dark ride and yearround stage show in Seuss Landing This seems dead in the water, but would've been a good idea.
-Nighttime show For sure.
-Streetmosphere around the whole park Without a doubt, Marvel is the only island you get any serious streetmosphere.

This would make IOA a full-day park yearround (3 major attractions are near empty during winter)

My thoughts in bold.

I think adding a few shows for existing islands would go a long ways too. Jurassic Park would be an easy place to place a live people eating show (pun intended). The Toon Lagoon theater area needs something too, that whole area is just awful and Universal needs to dump the midway games and create a better transition from Marvel to TL, but I'm guessing they are holding off on that because they don't see TL being there for that much longer.

I want shows but only if they are actually thought out and have good writing like horror make up. Please no sinbad's or stories you'll hear. Embarrassing as hell

A neat submarine ride would be really cool for IOA..the lagoon is only 5 or 6 feet deep though if I remember correctly..would love to see it though

I want shows but only if they are actually thought out and have good writing like horror make up. Please no sinbad's or stories you'll hear. Embarrassing as hell

That is what I meant, we need some quality live entertainment that will keep people off the street and give more options in the park. Plus it fits in with the whole "family friendly" trend on here because there are no height requirements for a theater show.

I'd like to see them use the TL theater for some sort of live Marvel special effects show, but I don't know if Disney could somehow block that. A live show featuring some neat "live" AA Dinos in JP is the best sounding option.

That is what I meant, we need some quality live entertainment that will keep people off the street and give more options in the park. Plus it fits in with the whole "family friendly" trend on here because there are no height requirements for a theater show.

I'd like to see them use the TL theater for some sort of live Marvel special effects show, but I don't know if Disney could somehow block that. A live show featuring some neat "live" AA Dinos in JP is the best sounding option.

Marvel can not block anything Universal plans to do with Marvel Island unless it hurts the brand and can be proven to hurt Marvel's brand. It was in the contract which I read all of so if Universal wanted to add more Marvel rides etc or overhaul the entire area without hurting the brand, they could.

Marvel can not block anything Universal plans to do with Marvel Island unless it hurts the brand and can be proven to hurt Marvel's brand. It was in the contract which I read all of so if Universal wanted to add more Marvel rides etc or overhaul the entire area without hurting the brand, they could.

But not for free. If Universal and Disney couldn't come to an agreement on what is reasonable as far as quality and compensation it would take a legal battle to resolve. If that happened we could end up waiting 5 years for them to refurbish an existing theater and add a themed meet and greet area.

A neat submarine ride would be really cool for IOA..the lagoon is only 5 or 6 feet deep though if I remember correctly..would love to see it though
I did a analysis on what the submarine ride would include on some other thread (JP?) y'all should check it out

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think that theater should become another mini island like kong, just one ride to take over the theater with the surrounding games to be taken over by theming? I really can't see a marvel show and definitely not something from toon lagoon replacing it

The first few years I started going, I feel like I was there for a full day. Now in recent years it's been stay in the park until about 2 or 3pm, go back to hotel to pool for a few hours, go eat dinner on CityWalk, then return to park around 6. Same goes for The Studios too. Basically have been going every year for like 13 years now. But lately it's been good where every year there's been something new. But yes, after all my visits throughout the years, both parks, the key attractions at least are done in a half day

I think that if a person doesn't do re-rides or watch street shows (the Hogwarts Frog Choir and the Durmstrang/Beauxbutons show in WWoHP) you might get thru the park rather quickly. Especially if they don't like water rides and/or thrill rides.

But if you are not a commando person but one who likes to soak it all up, more than one day is needed. Especially with Harry Potter. We only get to UO once every couple of years, but there are still things I haven't seen or done yet. And we are there for 4-5 days at at time.

So I guess it's about what you want to get out of your visit. Just a few highlights or soak it all in and explore.

You got some bad intel. Kali is one of the worst raft rides ever, and Bluto is by far the best. :lol:

Perhaps they were reading the Disney Parks Blog....it's about the only place that thinks it's a good ride.

Even the most snorted pixie duster admits its too short and too many effects no longer work.

This 1/2 day thing is getting pathetic now. What was that video where some guys did every ride in Disney in the same day....does that make them 1/4 day parks?

The whole thing asinine, any park can be whatever you want it to be......I can be done in MK in 1/4 day if I only want thrill rides, equally I could be there 2-3 days and still not see everything.

Reactions: Mad Dog