Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is the Lack of Magic Bands hurting UOR's Overall Image?

Isn't that pretty much like Magic Kingdom, though? Every ride except the Carousel, Tea Party, and Stitch almost always has 30+ waits. While MK does have fastpass, they also have many more attractions then Studios.
MK also attracts upwards of 10M more per year currently, so of course the waits will be long at MK, even with more attractions.

My train of thought after snatching a picture of Small World yesterday. Is there a reason they can't speed up the ride chain by a third so that it would go faster and put more people through? Same with JC and POTC. And just imagine if they sped it up 75% faster. :saywhat:

Isn't that pretty much like Magic Kingdom, though? Every ride except the Carousel, Tea Party, and Stitch almost always has 30+ waits. While MK does have fastpass, they also have many more attractions then Studios.

Not really. Many rides are under 30 minutes depending on the time of the day. Like I said, I know how to navigate the parks and therefore get thru without waiting. I also use fast passes on 3 high wait rides. When I didn't have kids I was able to navigate uni better because of single rider lines. So there are ways to better navigate Uni than I did. I have stated many times it depends on the family. In my situation and when we like to start our day, Disney seems to be better line wise. I don't know that there is an easier way to navigate Uni in our current situation that could help us wait in less longer lines.

My train of thought after snatching a picture of Small World yesterday. Is there a reason they can't speed up the ride chain by a third so that it would go faster and put more people through? Same with JC and POTC. And just imagine if they sped it up 75% faster. :saywhat:

But then you wouldn't have time to take in everything. Those rides require a lot of looking around, which is part of what makes them so special. So many wonderful nooks and crannies.

But then you wouldn't have time to take in everything. Those rides require a lot of looking around, which is part of what makes them so special. So many wonderful nooks and crannies.
1000% this. The rides are people eaters as they are, there's no need to speed them up and if you did, it defeats the purpose of the ride/ride experience.

Yes. Actually my favorite times on POC this October is when it kept breaking down and I had lots of time to see everything in detail. I'd like it even more as a slower moving 15 minute ride. Same with Splash Mountain. Love those AA's, the ambiance and the music. But I doubt if I could take an extra minute of it's a Small World.

Leave Small World alone. :lol: It's a Disney Park staple. Is MK's the longest version? I enjoy the updates they do to Disneyland's, especially for the holidays and the incredible projection show and lighting outside. I also really enjoyed DLP's when I rode it this past summer.

1000% this. The rides are people eaters as they are, there's no need to speed them up and if you did, it defeats the purpose of the ride/ride experience.
If the load/unload time didn't change it wouldn't increase the throughput but rather just decrease the number of people actually in the ride building at any given point in time. So speeding the ride up would just mean more people in the streets.

If the load/unload time didn't change it wouldn't increase the throughput but rather just decrease the number of people actually in the ride building at any given point in time. So speeding the ride up would just mean more people in the streets.
Yes, but you can only have so many boats out at one time, so really you wouldn't be able to do that without ACTUALLY speeding up the ride.

Yes, but you can only have so many boats out at one time, so really you wouldn't be able to do that without ACTUALLY speeding up the ride.
They can add/subtract boats as needed to ensure its not backed up or they're not waiting for boats. They seem to have just the right amount for the speed when I've been on it.

They can add/subtract boats as needed to ensure its not backed up or they're not waiting for boats. They seem to have just the right amount for the speed when I've been on it.
No they don't. Everytime I ride POTC or SW the boats are always backed up. They always run with too many boats..

Yes. Actually my favorite times on POC this October is when it kept breaking down and I had lots of time to see everything in detail. I'd like it even more as a slower moving 15 minute ride.

Actually, the Disneyland version IS 15 minutes long. The Florida version is a pale imitation that's only half as long.

Those rides don't use chains they use water flow using jets. Also longer ride = more boats = higher capacity. Puts more people through AND gets them off the pathways.

I could only wish for a ride that long at Universal. :lol: Even Madagascar's boat ride in Singapore only clocks in at around 7:30.
there is just one problem with long rides if a ride is too short people complain and they do the same if it is too long.Ive seen people walk up to gringotts when it was a walk on ask how long the ride was say it was too long and leave and remember Disney used to have alot more 10+min rides but they just lost most popularity