Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JAWS: Bloody Waters

Apr 20, 2013
Winter Park, FL
I was reading on the JAWS ride Wikipedia page, that the attraction was open for HHN X and was called JAWS: Bloody Waters and Jack was in the boat house scene. Does anyone have pictures of this? I've been searching forever and I really want to see some pictures of this thing? Sounded awesome IMO.

i was just coming here to ask about this. it seems like its a hhn myth. people always talk about it but i can never find any proof

Keep in mind in 2000, there were no camera phones. In fact, there was hardly any digital photography. When we were limited to 24 shots before having to shell out to have our pictures developed and buy a new role of film, it was a lot easier to get people already conservative with their film usage to comply with "no flash photography " rules, which I'm sure given the nature of this attraction, there were. Hence, no photos floating around.

That said, from what I've heard. Jack appeared on the right side behind the chum barrel, and the fisherman from "I Know What You Did Last Summer" appeared in the left dock. I'd love to know how the skipper reacted to them.

yeah i suppose. now that you mention it it scares the living hell outta me that this was 15 years ago. your brain doesn't think ohh yeah that was that long ago.

I did not get the chance to experience bloody waters. But that same year Jack also made an appearence on Earthquake. He stood menacingly up on the balcony on the right, and sorta acted like he was making the earthquake happen with magic. I.E. He would raise his hand up and an explosion would happen.

I went on Bloody Waters, and they did the same thing in 2001. Jack showed up with a gasoline can (filled with water) and sprayed guests, saying "Have fun in the next scene! The heat is on!". I don't remember the fisherman at all - maybe someone was just confusing the fisherman jacket and hat that were hung on the wall?

I did not get the chance to experience bloody waters. But that same year Jack also made an appearence on Earthquake. He stood menacingly up on the balcony on the right, and sorta acted like he was making the earthquake happen with magic. I.E. He would raise his hand up and an explosion would happen.

I was able to dig up a photograph of this. I found it on Tumblr some time ago, but I can't remember the poster. If anyone knows, please speak up so I can give proper credit. image.jpeg

HHN X was my very first time going to the event. I was able to ride Jaws and see the Bloody Waters overlay. Honestly, there wasn't much to it, but it did a good job of keeping you in the event so to speak. This was also the year that they had a scarezone/party zone on the ground level of Kongfrontation, which I remember walking through.

Cool! :grin: I wish that there is also at least one footage of Dark Torment (a Halloween overlay of Earthquake during the same time) found online.