Jeep Safari Concept Art | Inside Universal Forums

Jeep Safari Concept Art

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 23, 2009
Southern California
By request, here is some concept art for the once-proposed Jeep Safari attraction that would have been built in Jurassic Park at IOA.

ioa2o2jeepsafarilogo.gif

Gotta say - given that everything in JP is supposed to be "the real Island" - does anyone else find it odd that Mr. Hammond would think it appropriate to use a jeep, clearly falling off a cliff with a tire flying in the opposite direction as the logo for his Jeep Safari attraction? :look:

ioa2o1jeepatgatesill.jpg

ioa2o3jeepvehicleconcep.jpg

ioa2o4jeepstoryboard1.jpg

ioa2o5jeepstoryboard2.jpg

ioa3o3jeepbirdseye1.gif

ioa3o4jeepbirdseye2.gif

ioa3o5jeepbirdseye3.gif

ioa3o6jeepbirdseye4.gif

At one point in the ride, the T-Rex would have "stepped on" your jeep and spun it similiar to the scene in the movie. Storyboards would make it seem like a cool attraction.

Oh man, I wish they could still build that. I've seen some of that stuff before (not in this resolution before) and every time I do, I weep.

Well, they still could. It wasn't an "either/or" with River Adventure. The plan was for both at one point, but it's not even being considered right now. Truth is that at the moment, Potter is as far as the planning goes for UO, and Potter is still pretty far off.

Well, they still could. It wasn't an "either/or" with River Adventure. The plan was for both at one point, but it's not even being considered right now. Truth is that at the moment, Potter is as far as the planning goes for UO, and Potter is still pretty far off.

I guess I just assumed there wasn't any room for it. That seemed to be the consenus from other people.

I guess I just assumed there wasn't any room for it. That seemed to be the consenus from other people.

That's the problem with fanboys. They have an unjustified consensus. :look::lol:

There's still a large plot of land marked for future expansion between River Adventure's show building past behind Thunder Falls all the way to Ripsaw Falls. There's also another decent lot of expansion space set aside between the backside of Cat in the Hat over to One Fish along the outside of the park. To a lesser extent, there's a little bit of land behind Fearfall, but that's not space that was marked for expansion on any park plans - not to say that they couldn't do it.

It's worth noting that the Lost Continent side of Jurassic Park had land marked for TWO future expansion projects - and that's exactly what happened with Unicorn and now Mr. Potter's Wild Ride.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Bonus update - some art for HelicopTours

ioa6o2islanublarlogos.gif

jpconcept.jpg

This looks very cool. I too looked at the logo and went, for the park that had "no problems" according to Hammond, a flying car seems to be a very large problem. It does look a lot like River Adventure in a jeep to me though. Sauropods and others, Raptors, then Rex. They are set up the same. Still looks like fun though.

This looks very cool. I too looked at the logo and went, for the park that had "no problems" according to Hammond, a flying car seems to be a very large problem.

It's the launching tire that amuses me more than anything else!

It does look a lot like River Adventure in a jeep to me though. Sauropods and others, Raptors, then Rex. They are set up the same. Still looks like fun though.

Meh... it's moot. It's not going to happen anyway. :mad:

What ever happened to the boat rides from the front of the park to jurassic park?

My guess was that the boats ran on gas and it was becoming too expensive in addition to the extremely limited capacity boats. You could walk around the park faster than waiting in line for a Island Skipper Tour. The lines were way too long.

Chris may elaborate more on the issue though.

My guess was that the boats ran on gas and it was becoming too expensive in addition to the extremely limited capacity boats. You could walk around the park faster than waiting in line for a Island Skipper Tour. The lines were way too long.

Chris may elaborate more on the issue though.

Meh - same thing as Discovery River Boats at DAK. They really served no purpose, and people dumb enough to stand in line thinking they were annother attraction would walk out furious. It's easier to just save budget, cut staff and eliminate the dissatisfier, especially when it really was no plus to the park.

I feel like the animation in River Adventure moves way too slow to work in the environment that Jeep Safari would of had. All of the dinosaurs would need sharper and faster movements in my opinion.