Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey to Atlantis

Another disappointing refurbishment. While the initial scene with the man on the projection did work perfectly along with some other effects early on in the ride, once you reached Atlantis it all stopped working, including audio. At least they touched up the paint on everything. Oh, the fog wasn't working either.

Last edited:
Another disappointing refurbishment. While the initial scene with the man on the projection did work perfectly along with some other effects early on in the ride, once you reached Atlantis it all stopped working, including audio. At least they touched up the paint on everything. Oh, the wasn't working either.

The what wasn't working either?

There is fog on the inside lift? Don't think I've ever seen it work. So I guess the Medusa head isn't working either?
Usually my daughter does all the audio :)

There is fog on the inside lift? Don't think I've ever seen it work. So I guess the Medusa head isn't working either?
Usually my daughter does all the audio :)
"Usually my daughter does all the audio". Wow, that's a great summary of the state of the attraction. I've never been to Sea World Orlando, so I never actually rode it, but looking at it on You Tube it must have been a pretty good attraction when it first opened. It's a shame when a park lets one o their premier attractions slide so far. Same thing has happened to "Dark Kastle" in BG Williamsburg.

I just found out that Nassal did all the rock work for this. I am just now realizing how large an impact that company has had on the industry. My brothers school just had someone there as a guest speaker and he talked about how this was his first project and how disappointed he was at what it's become.

If you've seen rock work in Orlando or other theme parks and it's not in a Disney park then Nassal most likely did it.

I just found out that Nassal did all the rock work for this. I am just now realizing how large an impact that company has had on the industry. My brothers school just had someone there as a guest speaker and he talked about how this was his first project and how disappointed he was at what it's become.

If you've seen rock work in Orlando or other theme parks and it's not in a Disney park then Nassal most likely did it.
My step daughter was just telling me about that the other day. She only got to hear him talk for a little bit and didn't get to ask many questions.

Went on this ride today, and I must say that even though it's fun - it needs a lot of work. The screens within the ride, the one with the mermaid and the one with the guy are so blurry, and they don't even appear in sync to the ride. Other than that, it's quite fun, but I wish there was more theme within the initial queue

Interesting, but not ride related since that's just the aquarium and shop area.

Although wasn't there a mention of a refreshed ride at SeaWorld? I think most people assume it would be Wild Arctic, but who knows...

I agree, unless they end up keeping Polar Express for Christmas. PE is one of the best Christmas attractions at any park anywhere.
They had the Polar Express at Kennywood Park's 3D theater this past Christmas & it was really good. Plus they put up an apx. 100 ft. tree that was identical to the Polar Express tree. That was fantastic.

At SeaWorld when you walk off the train and there you are AT the North Pole and there's Santa and the huge sleigh full of presents, it's goosebumps or tears time the first time you see it, even as an adult.

Don't get me wrong, The Polar Express is somewhat a rather good holiday film; but when you have the holiday rights to the Red Nosed Raindeer's animated classic; I would much rather see that be used because that to me, feels more iconic than TPE.