JP River Adventure: Day or Night? | Inside Universal Forums

JP River Adventure: Day or Night?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which time of day do you prefer to ride JPRA?

• Day

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Night

Votes: 55 93.2%

• Total voters
Feb 27, 2010
Oviedo, FL
I've started to experience it at night in my most recent Universal trip, and I've got to say, it's a better experience at night. It's more thrilling. Which time of day do you prefer to ride JPRA?

Night because of multiple reasons hardly anyone is in the boat so it's more like an all alone experience which gets more scarier and better seeing the interaction of dinosaurs come in to play besides it sets the mood very well. What a topic to base this on i never seen anyone prefer Day over Night who had the opportunity to do both.

At day time, it is one of the best themed rides in the park, and never gets old, but at night it's a totally better ride! The ride is much more thrilling at night.

And riding alone at night is the best.

JPRA at night is a lot more fun. When HHN was back at IOA there was this very eerie and spooky ambiance to the ride. I wish they would of put those Raptor puppeteers from HHN 12 within the ride and queue. Missed opportunity on that one!

Went on this at night a few weeks ago and it was definitely cooler. It felt alot creepier, and the drop, front row, at night, is epic.

The best thing is to have the whole boat to yourself, at night. I expereinced that last saturday, and it was AMAZING!!! :happy:

The best thing is to have the whole boat to yourself, at night. I expereinced that last saturday, and it was AMAZING!!! :happy:

I have done it by myself during the daytime, can't imagine being ALONE at night.

^ Well technicaly, i wasnt completely alone, because I was with other people in my party, but it was still great!!

Boy I bet it was fun for you. :lol:

Anyway, I really don't see that mush of a difference in day or night ride on JPRA. But if I had to pick, I would say night time is the right time. :thumbs:

Last edited:
I have some good memories with my cousin on JPRA when we rode it at night. It's like others said, more thrilling, more exciting, more everything. :)

I have only been on it once at night, and that was during grad bash. Besides the random "08' Chants" JPR was more exciting than a normal day time ride around. I hope to get back soon so I can fairly ride at both times and decide.

It is definitely a better experience at night. But at night, the ride is extremely frightening...like very flipping scary! My brother and I went on in late June before closing and it was one of the craziest few minutes of our lives. It was us and a couple other people but not much. I've never been so scared. Going into the lift hill at night is a sight to behold...made me wet myself.

It is definitely a better experience at night. But at night, the ride is extremely frightening...like very flipping scary! My brother and I went on in late June before closing and it was one of the craziest few minutes of our lives. It was us and a couple other people but not much. I've never been so scared. Going into the lift hill at night is a sight to behold...made me wet myself.

The only thing though keeping from a really scary ride to a DEAD scary ride are those bright lights. Turn all the lights off.... :look: