June 21 Announcement | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

June 21 Announcement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
 I say in no way should anyone expect a Diagon Alley announcement tomorrow. 

I would argue a little bit of potential that they would announce a renovation for Jurassic Park The Ride tomorrow (As it is the 20th anniversary of the attraction) but I think that may make more sense to wait off if that could be a Dual-Coast project (as Orlando is rumored to get a renovation of their version starting in Dec) but hey; that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but could this tweet link to a new attraction coming to Universal? https://mobile.twitter.com/FantasticBeasts/status/744877673827033088. Could this be one of the things they anounce if the video tomorrow? 

It could still see a Harry Potter related attraction from what I'm seeing from this tweet.  But could be SLOP too.  They say something FANTASTIC is being announced soon.  I actually think Hollywood should get a unique expansion for Wizarding World vs Orlando's Diagon Alley.  That could really help more people come to Hollywood with a new exclusive attraction.  Diagon Alley could be tricky since it would be almost impossible to shuttle people from the Upper Lot to the Lower Lot via Hogwarts Express.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FantasticBeasts/status/744877673827033088

And considering Disney is building Star Wars Land, Universal just may want to compete against that.  A Diagon Alley sounds like a good response to Star Wars if they can make room for it.

^ We have speculated that if DA were to come to our coast, it would most likely not include Hogwarts Express.

Regarding the Fantastic Beasts announcement, I'm sure it's for the debut of a new trailer to be released soon (or could pertain to something SDCC related). 

I'm thinking we're not getting Diagon Alley, and instead will be getting something from Fantastic Beasts. A Wizarding New York, or something. All the pieces are falling into place.

Reactions: Imdbman
I'm thinking we're not getting Diagon Alley, and instead will be getting something from Fantastic Beasts. A Wizarding New York, or something. All the pieces are falling into place.

I wish we'd get something like that before Orlando! 

Reactions: Imdbman
Personally, if anything gets announced for FB, it's going to relate to the film and nothing more, nothing less (what I mean about that is more of the lines of a trailer or the announcement of a experience coming to SDCC).

Diagon to me, needs to be represented as it holds a lot more memories / potential money winning that I don't think Hollywood will pass up on. 

Theoretically, a Wizarding New York could fit in right near the existing NY shopfronts, take over the space of Cartooniversal and Waterworld.

If you really want to go hogwild, imagine building a new theater on the surface lot in front of the globe (or alternately near the opening next to Johnny Rockets), and bulldozing the original theater. Replace with smaller shops on Citywalk side, show building for main ride on the park side.

Theoretically, a Wizarding New York could fit in right near the existing NY shopfronts, take over the space of Cartooniversal and Waterworld.

If you really want to go hogwild, imagine building a new theater on the surface lot in front of the globe (or alternately near the opening next to Johnny Rockets), and bulldozing the original theater. Replace with smaller shops on Citywalk side, show building for main ride on the park side.

Waterworld has been rumored that it will be getting upgraded again, but more of the line.

As for Cartooniversal, the rumors have been for something of HK (Hello Kitty) and that it'd be a new building to accommodate it.

And for getting rid of the AMC, Things from Another World and the Starbucks/Blaze; that was shot down by the renovations going on to the AMC/recent opening of Blaze Pizza and relocation of TfAW.

Plus, it makes zero sense to place one of your biggest IPs like that due to many logical and well thought reasons. 

Reactions: chris.g
I think a Fantastic Beasts tie-in would be really smart.

That awkward moment when all they unveil is a new logo.... :mellow:
27204874434_743f3a7049_c.jpg

The only thing new was a new logo. Kind of a bummer actually. Expected at least SLOP.

Dang, the title of that video made it sound like they would be announcing a second park for Hollywood being in the works.  I kept expecting a major piece of info to end the video....but only a new logo.  Okay.....

Reactions: 12th Man