Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't wait for the cardboard cutout of the waterfall ala Three Caballeros

Did they ever come back? I feel like the outcry of their removal is so vocal in the Dis community. If they're back, I never heard a peep. :lol:

Photographic evidence from over on Magic...
88fe818b-9e8a-44f6-b9d7-a05a245408d4-jpeg.545388

We'll see how long it takes for the replacement scene to show up. There used to be a time (long ago!) where show standards would have dictated an attraction be closed if a major figure was down/removed.

Reactions: tielo
We'll see how long it takes for the replacement scene to show up. There used to be a time (long ago!) where show standards would have dictated an attraction be closed if a major figure was down/removed.

To be fair, they're going about it this way to avoid having to close the attraction in its entirety. I think it's a fair tradeoff.

Uhhh, it’s going away forever - it’s no longer a “major figure.”

As I indicated...
We'll see how long it takes for the replacement scene to show up.

To be fair, they're going about it this way to avoid having to close the attraction in its entirety. I think it's a fair tradeoff.

I get it. I was more lamenting a general drop in show quality surrounding attraction tweaks.

Photographic evidence from over on Magic...
88fe818b-9e8a-44f6-b9d7-a05a245408d4-jpeg.545388

No more cancel culture. When is enough enough? Where are all of the people who hated this scene so much? Everyone I’ve spoken to is very upset that Disney’s erasing their own history.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: Tristan and WAJAS
No more cancel culture. When is enough enough? Where are all of the people who hated this scene so much? Everyone I’ve spoken to is very upset that Disney’s erasing their own history.

We're not doing this. This isn't cancel culture. If you want to criticize the quality of the replacement show scenes and effects, fine, but the fact that many of the scenes being adjusted are culturally insensitive is not up for debate.

Do y'all think this is where the new skipper figure is gonna go?
Well, that figure is also part of the new trapped safari scene.
My guess before the ridiculous names of all the new characters came out was that the new Skip would be named “Sam” and they’d end up being the new Trader Sam. But now the skippers name is Percival so who knows

As I indicated...

I get it. I was more lamenting a general drop in show quality surrounding attraction tweaks.
Right, and my point was for something like that, it’s better to get the figure out ASAP even before the new scene is ready than leaving it there for now just so the swap is faster in the future.

If guests were not overwhelmingly bothered by it and it was one of the more famous scenes in the ride, then why must it change?
Just to dive into what “guests being bothered by it” could even look like, there is no place on Disney’s surveys (or Universal’s for that matter) to give written feedback about a specific attraction. This is because when you do surveys at their scale, it’s impossible to properly code every paragraph that someone writes to actually draw conclusions outside of reading every single one and drawing your own. Also, from a legal perspective, people would write ideas in there and then try to sue when Disney/Universal “used their idea.” The only text box is pretty much an open-ended prompt asking why you thought your entire day was what you rated it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan

I mean, that was last Century or something -- what the 80's maybe the 90's -- certainly a changed policy by the aughts no?

I just recall hearing about that policy and then ridding Dinosaur at AK -- the end creature where they take your photo was replaced w/ a broom stick w/ a dino head on it (from the gift shop like those broom stick ponies that kids play with) -- amazing show by the time we hit the aughts.

Just to dive into what “guests being bothered by it” could even look like, there is no place on Disney’s surveys (or Universal’s for that matter) to give written feedback about a specific attraction. This is because when you do surveys at their scale, it’s impossible to properly code every paragraph that someone writes to actually draw conclusions outside of reading every single one and drawing your own. Also, from a legal perspective, people would write ideas in there and then try to sue when Disney/Universal “used their idea.” The only text box is pretty much an open-ended prompt asking why you thought your entire day was what you rated it.

This.

Not only have insiders leaked that Disney has been getting complaints about it for years (i.e. probably from those who don't share in the white cisgender experience), but there are also more diverse talent and management within the ranks of both WDI and MK operations who have expressed concerns as well. Nothing about this is "cancel culture" (which for the most part, doesn't really exist outside of a general calling card for those upset about change and unable to understand the full situation with nuance), but instead a move towards knowing inclusion while not wanting to sacrifice everything else. Nobody has "cancelled" the Jungle Cruise, or even Trader Sam. The racist (or at the VERY LEAST, problematic) caricature has been removed and if that upsets you, well maybe you should learn why it upsets others first.

This thread is drifting to an uncomfortable place.

I mean, that was last Century or something -- what the 80's maybe the 90's -- certainly a changed policy by the aughts no?

I just recall hearing about that policy and then ridding Dinosaur at AK -- the end creature where they take your photo was replaced w/ a broom stick w/ a dino head on it (from the gift shop like those broom stick ponies that kids play with) -- amazing show by the time we hit the aughts.

I feel like the shift really probably began in Eisner's final years.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
If I can lose my favorite ride splash, people can live with a retheme. The Matterhorn got entire story changes back in the day, you can argue the motives were different but in the end its the same effect. Sure Disney fans would have been up in arms over that if we had the internet, lol

Once again, lets wait and see before hating this. They changed Red, kinda sucks but also the ride seems be good so think we can survive this.