Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we have two areas that will undergo new construction, however, we have hints to only one attraction... Anyone else curious as to why this is?

Trikes won't be a ride, if I had to guess. I see an expanded food/drink area, maybe some more Dinosaur exhibits (raptor from USS or Brontosaur from USJ). Maybe a flat ride?

So, are the plans for this expansion pretty much set in stone, or are they still evolving? I feel like more was known about the HP expansion, but maybe thats because it was being directly based off a theme everyone was already familiar with.

So, are the plans for this expansion pretty much set in stone, or are they still evolving? I feel like more was known about the HP expansion, but maybe thats because it was being directly based off a theme everyone was already familiar with.

Until the official opening, it's always evolving; but the expansion is happening.

Its pretty much set as to whats happening, there are several things that will change all the way up and through initial construction but the overall concepts, theming, construction time tables, and so on are set. I recommend we keep an eye on the Comptroller as permits should be filed soon. Then we will have a project number which is always nice.

Amber Mine Rollercoaster – This small-scale family coaster is said to be a themed run-away mine cart ride through detailed Amber Mines. The targeted height minimum is between 36 and 40 inches; so it will be a ride that most families can enjoy together. And while GCI Coasters met with Universal Creative earlier last year, we are told now that the Gravity Group has been contacted to build this attraction.
Discovery Center Dark Ride – This slow moving dark ride would load inside the Jurassic Park Discovery Center where the labs currently reside. Rumored scenes include the DNA Scene from Jurassic Park the movie, detailed lab scenes, a dinosaur egg hatching, as well as a tour through dinosaurs that are in containment (including Velociraptor AA’s). The ride itself would unload close to the new Amber Mine Coaster.
Camp Jurassic – This popular kids playground would be expanded and given numerous upgrades, including special effects and “live dinosaurs” within the grounds.
Jurassic Park River Adventure – The headline attraction of Jurassic Park would receive a major refurb including new effects and AA replacements.
Numerous new food and beverage outlets – There is no new sit down restaurant planned in this expansion. All new unique offerings will come via themed food stands.

Reactions: tankart150
I dig the amber mine coaster idea, but wonder if/how the ride will involve dinosaurs? Obviously amber mines are not a natural habitat of dinosaurs, but regardless, when guests, kids especially, visit Jurassic Park they expect dinos.

Discovery Center Dark Ride – This slow moving dark ride would load inside the Jurassic Park Discovery Center where the labs currently reside. Rumored scenes include the DNA Scene from Jurassic Park the movie, detailed lab scenes, a dinosaur egg hatching, as well as a tour through dinosaurs that are in containment (including Velociraptor AA’s). The ride itself would unload close to the new Amber Mine Coaster.

I thought this project was completely cut, months and months and months ago. HTF or DH want to chime in?

Amber Mine Rollercoaster – This small-scale family coaster is said to be a themed run-away mine cart ride through detailed Amber Mines. The targeted height minimum is between 36 and 40 inches; so it will be a ride that most families can enjoy together. And while GCI Coasters met with Universal Creative earlier last year, we are told now that the Gravity Group has been contacted to build this attraction.
Camp Jurassic – This popular kids playground would be expanded and given numerous upgrades, including special effects and “live dinosaurs” within the grounds.
Jurassic Park River Adventure – The headline attraction of Jurassic Park would receive a major refurb including new effects and AA replacements.
Numerous new food and beverage outlets – There is no new sit down restaurant planned in this expansion. All new unique offerings will come via themed food stands.

Nvm, just saw your later post about this being the old stuff and the darkride still being dead. =/

Do we know what is on the table still? Is it something of similar scope?

Do we know what is on the table still? Is it something of similar scope?

Keep your eye on Disneyhead and HTF. They are both holding their cards close right now. It is what they aren't responding to that fascinates me. After yesterdays discussion, we know that the two of them think it will be a very well themed family attraction with some decent thrills for both old and young alike.

Just looking at the Google map showing the area behind the restaurant. The area isn't really very large. This may be a wild guess, but perhaps they'll take the restaurant out to free up more space, and do a new themed food area in the Trike area.

If they're not doing the Discovery Center ride, then I at least hope they go in and update the exhibits there/add in some new ones. I like the place, but its age is starting to show.

Keep your eye on Disneyhead and HTF. They are both holding their cards close right now. It is what they aren't responding to that fascinates me. After yesterdays discussion, we know that the two of them think it will be a very well themed family attraction with some decent thrills for both old and young alike.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.