Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason i thought this was posted already, but i guess not..
HTF ‏@hatetofly 1h
Hold on to your butts...

SSMC TRAV PT 716

i'm assuming the ssmc stands for:
Southeastern Surveying and Mapping Corp.

and the rest is some sort of permit number.. but i know nothing..

also, what's project 3568?

Last edited:
Trikes won't be a ride, if I had to guess. I see an expanded food/drink area, maybe some more Dinosaur exhibits (raptor from USS or Brontosaur from USJ). Maybe a flat ride?

Video of the Raptor 'show' from Singapore for those who haven't seen it. This is exactly the kind of things our JP needs.

[video=youtube;JHKLfm-AmZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHKLfm-AmZ0[/video]

My concern w/ the concept of the Amber Mine train is that JP "is" off the coast of Costa Rica while the Amber used to harvest the dino DNA (in the movie) was mined 1,000 miles across the Caribbean in the Dominican Republic and in the Baltics in the book. Costa Rica does have amber mines, and I suppose they can go the "just because you didn't didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there route), but it does seem to contradict why we've seen and read to have an amber mine on Isla Nublar and also seems to go against the eye to detail and accuracy Universal has been showing in their projects lately. In addition, seems to be derivative of what WDW has/has coming down the pike.

Any idea what this means?

@hatetofly: Hold on to your butts...

SSMC TRAV PT 716

The quote is when they tried to restart the system the first time, not sure if it has any relevance beyond being a quote from the movie saying to "get ready." cbconglom got the first four initials, and I would guess that 716 is the project number for this (or the plot of land the permit is for, likely Thunder Falls if it isn't the project number). The other initials I have no clue.

^ As Jurassic Park is a theme park in the book/movie, there is no reason they wouldn't have built fake amber mine ride for the young ones at Isla Nublar.
I hadn't thought about that angle. I buy it only if the themeing pegs this as a theme park ride at Jurassic Park as opposed to a runaway mine train through an actual amber mine.

The quote is when they tried to restart the system the first time, not sure if it has any relevance beyond being a quote from the movie saying to "get ready." cbconglom got the first four initials, and I would guess that 716 is the project number for this (or the plot of land the permit is for, likely Thunder Falls if it isn't the project number). The other initials I have no clue.

Thanks! I was on google and the permit site last night for quite a while trying every address etc i could think of

My concern w/ the concept of the Amber Mine train is that JP "is" off the coast of Costa Rica while the Amber used to harvest the dino DNA (in the movie) was mined 1,000 miles across the Caribbean in the Dominican Republic and in the Baltics in the book. Costa Rica does have amber mines, and I suppose they can go the "just because you didn't didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there route), but it does seem to contradict why we've seen and read to have an amber mine on Isla Nublar and also seems to go against the eye to detail and accuracy Universal has been showing in their projects lately. In addition, seems to be derivative of what WDW has/has coming down the pike.

1. This Jurassic Park is explicitly stated to be an Orlando Florida location. So forget Costa Rica.

2. Camp Jurassic has amber mines in it, so in the mythology of this incarnation of Jurassic Park, amber mines are available here, in this new Florida version.

3. Like its been said, Jurassic Park is a theme park so its reasonable to think theyd add a mine coaster ride...they would never be able to theme it as a real-life mine ride because real mine carts dont look like wooden roller coaster cars, and dont have wooden tracks.

4. What exactly has been so attentive about Universal's latest park attractions that makes this mine coaster stand out to you? They stuck NEST headquarters in the middle of three different areas at USF...theyre going for attraction count, not super-realistic theming. In any case, a new ride is better than nothing.

So...Amber Mines used for collecting mosquitos that had dinosuar blood in it are being found in Florida where no dinosaurs ever existed...MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

So...Amber Mines used for collecting mosquitos that had dinosuar blood in it are being found in Florida where no dinosaurs ever existed...MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

As much sense as superheroes, dragons, wizards, and cartoons...whats your point? Rides can be extremely well-executed and immerse you into their stories but the fact is, they are still theme park rides and suspension of belief is still necessary. Look at the thread about well-executed rides in the Disey/Uni/SeaWorld United Thread...very few rides can be considered ideal in terms of theming.

Video of the Raptor 'show' from Singapore for those who haven't seen it. This is exactly the kind of things our JP needs.

[video=youtube;JHKLfm-AmZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHKLfm-AmZ0[/video]

That would be a very cool photo-op, and if you didn't notice, that was an actor in the suit. With this expansion I would like to see a little "event" take place every hour or so, where alarms on the Island blare all of a sudden and a bunch of actors dressed as Raptors run past guest and run amuck all over over the island. Probably too scary for the little ones but man would that be cool as hell!

That was an animatronic, was it not?

---EDIT---

Nevermind, just watched the video again, and saw that it looked to fluid to be an animatronic. My bad

[video=youtube;hR4lMChtQQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4lMChtQQ0[/video]
Go to 5:20
Picture this costume in the back of the raptor transport vehicle.

It's been said before but I'd like to clarify. The Jurassic Park in IOA is not Isla Nubar, or Isla Sorna, it's actually called Isla Adventura; located in Orlando, after the previous two islands. If you watch the Queue video at River Adventure it explains it all. Also, in that large circular area of River Adventure's queue theres a giant scale model of Isla Adventure. On it you can see labels for 'River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and Triceratops Encounter' interestingly enough there are also labels for attractions that didn't make the cut, 'Jeep Safari, Helicopter tours, and Carnivore Paddock and Herbivore Paddock.'

Reactions: tankart150
It's been said before but I'd like to clarify. The Jurassic Park in IOA is not Isla Nubar, or Isla Sorna, it's actually called Isla Adventura; located in Orlando, after the previous two islands. If you watch the Queue video at River Adventure it explains it all. Also, in that large circular area of River Adventure's queue theres a giant scale model of Isla Adventure. On it you can see labels for 'River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and Triceratops Encounter' interestingly enough there are also labels for attractions that didn't make the cut, 'Jeep Safari, Helicopter tours, and Carnivore Paddock and Herbivore Paddock.'

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.