Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 338 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The raptor rumor seems to be the consistent thing between all the stories. While the current meet and greet location is going to be removed and the raptors will go into a temp area, the new attraction construction will include a larger, new raptor encounter. Maybe two pens?
The new raptor encounter could actually become part of the queue. It’s not a huge chunk of land. I’m not convinced it could fit a good ride, themed queue, a larger Raptor Encounter, and a more proper queue for it.

Then again, I just really want this ride to have a great queue. JPRA’s queue is really bad. A great queue would help the land feel that much more immersive.

I concur Discovery Center is iconic and needs to stay.

This is the part im struggling to see with switching the area from JP to JW, how can they with that Discovery Centre being so prominent? I get changing it over at Hollwood, its really just an overlay change but at IOA you have the Centre and the whole area feels more JP than JW with the narrow paths and over growth everywhere. Is it not possible that they are keeping it JP, leaving River Adventure as is for now and just building a new ride? Either coaster or indoor dark ride, personally id prefer the latter.

I was trying to formulate a ride story into a JP coaster beyond just ohh look a coaster at a theme park. All the major coasters in Universal (minus RRR) all have some level of suspension of belief in terms of ride path. Dragons and Hulks flight paths were part of the out of control story more than just being giant steel beams in the air. For this concept im thinking using the scent drill scene from JW where the Raptors are set loose to track the I rex. Would make for a rough jungle trek (wooden coasters are rougher) and a fun chase through JW that can thematically fit a launch if its an RMC or just a adventure filled ride (family wooden coaster) that doesnt have a "something goes wrong" story. Also gives an excuse to put Pratt in one of the attractions (preshow?).
Or you could just be on a mine cart that goes through the Amber mines

I just see that they are going towards more themed rides such as the HP coaster and don’t see how a coaster over paths does that for JP.

The raptor rumor seems to be the consistent thing between all the stories. While the current meet and greet location is going to be removed and the raptors will go into a temp area, the new attraction construction will include a larger, new raptor encounter. Maybe two pens?
Makes sense. Not only is the Raptor Encounter a very well done concept, with really excellent actors handling the Raptor, but the line is almost always long. And since the interactions are very special & individual oriented, which is a good thing, there's usually a pretty long wait for the interaction/photo/video/ moments. Universal hit a homerun with this one in Orlando. And the Enclosure is one of the keys to the attraction's allure & immersion & suspension of reality.

I just see that they are going towards more themed rides such as the HP coaster and don’t see how a coaster over paths does that for JP.
I mean, I think the whole "kill visible steel track" thing is mostly for Potter immersion, and that's one of the major reasons DD is dead. We don't hear any rumors of Hulk or HRRR leaving anytime soon.

God imagine how cool a legitimate Jurassic Park bar themed to the hilt would be down by the water. Instead we have Watering Hole.

:yawn:
I miss the good old days of strong pours in my Predator on the Rocks from a certain bartender from Wales. You will be missed, Meyrick. You have been missed.

I miss the good old days of strong pours in my Predator on the Rocks from a certain bartender from Wales. You will be missed, Meyrick. You have been missed.

Yea, once Meyrick left, Watering Hole should have been replaced with a JP version of Trader Sam's

So all the early talk of a Jeep ride or some kind of gyrosphere attraction seem to be pretty much dead? Appears that a coaster is the most likely replacement?
There's definitely not room for the Jeep ride. I personally think there's an outside chance it could be the Gyrosphere.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yea, once Meyrick left, Watering Hole should have been replaced with a JP version of Trader Sam's

There's definitely not room for the Jeep ride. I personally think there's an outside chance it could be the Gyrosphere.

I’m fine with both these ideas. Drop the carnies, make the restaurants significantly better including a TS with a trader sams level bar and overall just make the land more immersive.
Give me a great queue with a couple AAs like the worm and witch in Kong, and then by all means, they can do a *gasp* screen-based simulator gyro ride.
It’s not that big of a plot- so options are limited. And I’d rather have a sim that allows for a more immersive JP land than an intrusive coaster.

We all know IoA could use another indoor ride- and it’s not like IoA is screen-heavy at all. But they’d need to kill Shrek and Simpsons here pretty soon if they are to change the perception of their overall resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.