Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 462 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the ride is cool, e.g. a high thrills coaster, then I'm OK with most of the theming being in the queue. Some sound effects and maybe some shadows as you dash forward would be good in my book.

If we're going at Taron speeds (up to 71MPH? What? I forgot about that), any theming within the ride itself would need to be overexaggerated to make sure they are noticed.

This is, of course, assuming that we're actually getting a Taron speed ride, and not just the compactness. @Alicia, I can't remember which side your thoughts/rumors were falling on.

Reactions: RFRees
If we're going at Taron speeds (up to 71MPH? What? I forgot about that), any theming within the ride itself would need to be overexaggerated to make sure they are noticed.

This is, of course, assuming that we're actually getting a Taron speed ride, and not just the compactness. @Alicia, I can't remember which side your thoughts/rumors were falling on.
I’m thinking just a hair faster than Taron, making it the fastest multi launch coaster in the world when it opens.

All of my thoughts can be summarized in this video:

I’m thinking just a hair faster than Taron, making it the fastest multi launch coaster in the world when it opens.

All of my thoughts can be summarized in this video:

Thank you for such a great video and summarizing everything so easily. I truly hope that you are correct. One point you made is something that I have thought for a long time. Universal is doing a great job of appealing to the park goers that Disney does little for and that is the thrill crowd, aka teen-agers, young adults, and even those of us who can still ride them as we age. I'm not saying that to be offensive about age, either. I hope that I can still ride coasters into my 60's, at least, which is 15-20 years from now. I will admit that Disney's Guardians and Tron are both starting to change some of that but IoA's coasters promise a much higher intensity and that is something that I really enjoy. Each has their appeal but sometimes you just want that adrenaline kick.

Thank you for such a great video and summarizing everything so easily. I truly hope that you are correct. One point you made is something that I have thought for a long time. Universal is doing a great job of appealing to the park goers that Disney does little for and that is the thrill crowd, aka teen-agers, young adults, and even those of us who can still ride them as we age. I'm not saying that to be offensive about age, either. I hope that I can still ride coasters into my 60's, at least, which is 15-20 years from now. I will admit that Disney's Guardians and Tron are both starting to change some of that but IoA's coasters promise a much higher intensity and that is something that I really enjoy. Each has their appeal but sometimes you just want that adrenaline kick.
Myself, I'm able to ride most coasters even though I'm well into my 60's. BUT, with age comes familiarity. I've ridden so many non themed coasters, so many times, over the years that they have very little allure to me anymore. I need the immersion of a well themed coaster (like Mummy, BTM, R&R, Gringotts, new Potter coaster) to really entertain me. Most non themed coasters have become pretty much meh to me in my older years.

I've been working on a coaster that fits inside the open area in my free time this week. Still need to work out the second half over the water but the first half is mostly done.
screenshot-2018-12-19-17-29-32.png

Call me crazy, but this isn't for the parks as far as I can tell?

JURASSIC WORLD CAMP CRETACEOUS Trademark of UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS LLC Serial Number: 88232503 :: Trademarkia Trademarks

"Entertainment services in the nature of the production and distribution of film, television series and short form entertainment content each featuring reality, comedy, drama, news and variety; entertainment in the nature of television series and short form entertainment content, each featuring reality, comedy, drama, news and variety; entertainment services, namely, the provision of continuing programs featuring reality, comedy, drama, news an..."

Call me crazy, but this isn't for the parks as far as I can tell?

JURASSIC WORLD CAMP CRETACEOUS Trademark of UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS LLC Serial Number: 88232503 :: Trademarkia Trademarks

"Entertainment services in the nature of the production and distribution of film, television series and short form entertainment content each featuring reality, comedy, drama, news and variety; entertainment in the nature of television series and short form entertainment content, each featuring reality, comedy, drama, news and variety; entertainment services, namely, the provision of continuing programs featuring reality, comedy, drama, news an..."
Read the very last bit...

2BC8DAB4-6BDF-450B-B022-9114510BDD59.png

Reactions: truejonas
Status
Not open for further replies.