Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 468 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I envision the center track piece running low over the water, making a pass right in the front of the 'dock' with a Manta-style splash effect. Doing so would preserve the sight of the Discovery Center from other vantage points throughout the park while giving guests on the dock something cool to look at.
Favim.com-manta-orlando-roller-coaster-sea-world-water-165111.jpg

I envision the center track piece running low over the water, making a pass right in the front of the 'dock' with a Manta-style splash effect. Doing so would preserve the sight of the Discovery Center from other vantage points throughout the park while giving guests on the dock something cool to look at.
Favim.com-manta-orlando-roller-coaster-sea-world-water-165111.jpg

There’s plenty of creative ways to have the track frame the view. The photo I made is a crude example of trying to make the track blend into the environment, I’m sure a more suited layout will do just fine.

Reactions: natespf
Two tracks will pass in front of Discovery Center, going out to the right and then coming back. One will be over water. One will be over pavement.

Are we envisioning, then, that the area down in front of the DC will be closed to guest traffic? I.E. they're not going to let people in/out of those doors down there anymore?

Are we envisioning, then, that the area down in front of the DC will be closed to guest traffic? I.E. they're not going to let people in/out of those doors down there anymore?
Surprisingly no. I believe it will remain open, however, the coaster entrance may be down there with extended queue taking up some of the lower waterfront area on left side.

As much as I want a bats*** crazy coaster in JP, I'm definitely thinking they'll be respectful of the view directly in front of the DC. Can't imagine they'll do anything but a low pass along the water and maybe a roll on the way back through, above DC.
Kinda like Gatekeeper at Cedar Point if it had a low pass by instead of the second roll over the park entrance.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
God I love theme parks and, by proxy, love theme park-goers.

But complaining about a new ride being built has to top the list of the ‘most ridiculous moans ever.’

I don’t see how adding another attraction ever can be a negative. Especially when it replaces nothing except a view you most likely enjoy for a few minutes.

Change for the sake of change, because that always works so well.
It's change for attendance, reinvestment, and thrill sake and I think that's great. People on here act like they sit in Port of Entry for hours just staring at some mythically enchanted building across the lagoon every time they go to IOA. It's a pretty view but not life changing. Come on, LOL. Putting a little coaster track isn't going to ruin the world. Especially if it's a kickass ride.

It's like complaining that they took the Earful Tower down to put up the Toy Story roller coaster. Sure you remember seeing the water tower but you didn't plan your day around it.

He’s talking about the Raptor Counter man.

And the idea that a new ride where nothing once stood is a downgrade is ridiculous
Got it.

To the second bit I’d be willing to wait on a better idea for a ride. Plenty of other spots in IoA that could be used. If Jurassic can’t yield something better, do something else.
It's change for attendance, reinvestment, and thrill sake and I think that's great. People on here act like they sit in Port of Entry for hours just staring at some mythically enchanted building across the lagoon every time they go to IOA. It's a pretty view but not life changing. Come on, LOL. Putting a little coaster track isn't going to ruin the world. Especially if it's a kickass ride.

It's like complaining that they took the Earful Tower down to put up the Toy Story roller coaster. Sure you remember seeing the water tower but you didn't plan your day around it.
Using Toy Story Land doesn’t help your argument, lol. I rather would’ve had them build out a proper Pixar land full of dark rides and finally put in the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster that was supposed to go next to TSMM but now we’re WAY off topic.

True enough but, when I first came through Port of Entry in 1999, my jaw probably dropped to the ground. However, I will enjoy a coaster in that space.

I'll be completely honest, while I was on my last trip to IoA I realized just how little emphasis they put into the sightlines between the islands themselves. For me it really seems like each Island is pretty landlocked for the most part. There are definitely places you can scope out to see the lake but they're pretty hidden from view and are almost always dead, attendance wise. The only good place to see the DC is from PoE to be honest, and as others have said no one is going to stand and look at that view for hours or anything.

I just don't see how putting a coaster track in front of DC is gonna ruin much of anything.

I like the balance in IoA in that the main way generally leads inland to be better immersed in that area with the shorelines being quieter areas to relax and take a break. While I must say the view of the Discovery Center after entering for the first time is amazing.

And the idea that a new ride where nothing once stood is a downgrade is ridiculous

Who said it's a downgrade? Speaking only for myself, I've said many times that I'm happy to see JP get some attention. But I would obviously prefer it resulted in an attraction I can actually experience, because this will be the last bit of new Jurassic anything coming to Universal (especially if you're correct and JW isn't coming to the next gate).

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.