Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I would see JW fitting into the 4th park

If it was my money, I'd put JW into the 4th gate and at that point close JP in IOA and replace it with an entirely new IP or theme. This ensures you still have the jurassic IP in the parks when there are upcoming films coming out. Ultimately, JP will need a major refurb/demo at some point in the next 10 years or so and by building new lands across multiple parks means guests will be forced to buy multi park tickets to see the latest draw.

Reactions: Andysol
I could see IOA getting one more big Coaster. I actually prefer IOA over Studios getting the big outdoor coasters. I've always seen the parks as two different animals...the Studios park focusing more on the movies, shows, and family attractions, (Rockit does not belong in that park in my opinion...tear it down!) whereas Islands focuses more on the thrills, rides, and adventure. Big coasters made sense to me in that park. Does a Coaster belong in JP? Maybe...but the biggest question is where can you put it that won't ruin the atmosphere of the existing components of the current land?

I hope the new park is a completely different animal.

Reactions: LJGonz
I've said this before, but it's been awhile since I have

A Jurassic Park Raptor Encounter (similar to Disney's Alien Encounter) would be a good ride to attract teens/adults while only taking up a small amount of space. The plot could be something like Ingen is displaying a newly modified raptor with a living prototype, the prototype escapes the case and causes havoc. It's something that while it won't be a family attraction, it'll be a thrilling attraction for the latter.

A drop/dark ride themed to the cage introduced in the Lost World. In the Lost World Goldblum's daughter is sent up on a cage off of the ground to insure her safety for the night. While this works out for her, having something where the cage doesn't work - and it's attacked by either raptors/otherpredators, it could be interesting.

Me too. Completely disagree with HTF. And lets not forget Camp Jurassic, one of the all time immersive play for "all ages" areas.

If the kids playground is as good as Camp Jurassic, I agree

Id be shocked if they ever built another playground again. We're losing the one at kid zone, for example. Camp Jurassic is the coolest playground in the world- but it occupies quite a bit of space and really isn't marketable. "Come play in our kickass playground" doesn't sound appealing. Of course, once they get there- it's a different ballgame.

I'd level everything but JPRA. It's old and outdated and frankly, Universal are better than this.

I also can't see a Jurassic World ride existing in Orlando, the same time as a Jurassic Park ride unless they're in the same area.

I believe that whatever comes to JP, will be a dry attraction that will be a thrilling attraction that can cater high capacity. Can it be a coaster? Yes. Could it be a Dark Ride? Yes. But I do believe that the future of this discussion will revolve around something that will be air-controlled, and that it will benefit the park in some way.

They have a couple ways they can go to improve the area. One would be as suggested- make a new JP/JW area in the new park and once open, shut down JP area at IoA to start a new project. Skull Island could expand with JPRA and the playground gone- even if it expands just a little- better walkways, a QS restaurant, etc.
Zelda would work very well here. As the replacement. The transition to skull island and Hp would work just fine.

The other thought is fixing what they currently have. Massive refurb of JPRA with top notch AAs and removing the dumb carny games. Everyone agrees with those two points.
JPRA is great in its own right and the story is really good and complete- so no need for a replacement there. Adding a gyro ride or jeep ride would be redundant and unnecessary to advance the land IMO.
Outside of JPRA, id flatten the majority of the rest including the play area (which is awesome).
So what I'd recommend for something different would be a Tron-like coaster where you mount motorcycles and it blends slow dark elements with fast launches. Yes- this would have primarily screens (sorry) mixed with real elements (trees and leaves). But the story could be different than JPRA/Gyro/Jeep in that it would be about being the aggressor during most of it instead of just escaping. "Lets go get that Trex" type ride with your raptor buddies running alongside you (hence the screens). Indoor and outdoor elements.
With (if) DC going away- this would be a perfect fit.
For discovery center- which is a centerpiece- I'd much rather them add a QS to skull island and turn discovery center into a table service dining area while increasing and updating the interactivity there as well. Make it upscale inside but fascinating and interactive at the same time. This would need to be moved over closer to the playground but could also share a kitchen or at least some backstage elements with the skull island QS.

Both options would be profitable and would renew the brand pretty well I'd think. I actually prefer the 2nd option. Fix what we have instead of starting from scratch. JPRA is too complete of a ride (story-wise) to just scrap.

Last edited:
While I agree on IOA with the outdoor big coaster, I feel there should be more than Cat in the Hat, Spiderman, Poseidon, Kong and FJ to ride whilst it's storming.

Also I wish Island's would utilize theme into outdoor coasters more, and not just like the old castle queue for DD or that old entrance sign. . . I mean like

this
74abe8b371c198daed1e9e027746457d.jpg

nemesis11.JPG

To a higher extent this
02f43071100f.jpg

and to a lower extent even just this
6498921877_c4869725b4_b.jpg

All these coasters have some sort of cave/path interaction that helps overwhelm and excite the passerbys, and they also create a higher sense of atmosphere. They also have decent theme (sans-Kraken) that resides with all of that. Dragon Challenge is basically hidden behind a gate over gravel, Hulk's queue has theme but was better off before the intro was stripped during retracking. RRR doesn't bother me because it at least integrates itself among the other structures. :/

On topic:)

If Jurassic Park got a roller coaster, even a flyer, I would only really be excited if the theme made sense. If it were hidden in an array of trees, only bits of the track were visible, and when it is, it's interacting with the guests in some way. I'm not saying I don't like good roller coasters, but I'm not paying so much to go on something I could find at Cedar Point. I will be disappointed if we got something as bare themed as The Flying Dinosaur at UJ

Reactions: SkiBum and Andysol
I really wish Camp Jurassic was more of the hub of JP with rides branching off from it..Not so secluded..That way people would have to see how awesome it is haha..

My wish list of course:

Mine Train coaster
Raptor Encounter (like alien encounter at MK)
Gyrosphere
20,000 League type dark ride with aquatic dinos (Look up a vid from Disney Sea)

I really wish Camp Jurassic was more of the hub of JP with rides branching off from it..Not so secluded..That way people would have to see how awesome it is haha..

My wish list of course:

Mine Train coaster
Gyrosphere

Mine train coaster would be very nice and the dark ride, too. Raptor Encounter, why go small? I get that it could be made to seem like it is right behind you and stuff like that. However, go with a T-Rex and have it interact. Bumping the ride carriage, causing vibrations when it walks. That sort of thing. Put the gyro sphere and water ride (canoeing scene from JW) into the next park. The dark ride would be great. It could blend screens and AA's perfectly.

Reactions: shiekra38
Then look at the redo of the Hulk with all the nets which is an eye sore.
Universal isn't against it tho. They need nets because it's a hazard if anything flys off people's pockets. 2 out of 3 coasters have tracks over people.

Mine train coaster would be very nice and the dark ride, too. Raptor Encounter, why go small? I get that it could be made to seem like it is right behind you and stuff like that. However, go with a T-Rex and have it interact. Bumping the ride carriage, causing vibrations when it walks. That sort of thing. Put the gyro sphere and water ride (canoeing scene from JW) into the next park. The dark ride would be great. It could blend screens and AA's perfectly.
Cannoe ride is almost the exact same thing as JPRA. It's a no go.

Last edited by a moderator:

I just feel a T-Rex isn't as scary as a Raptor is. Even in the movie, the climax is based on the Raptors and not the T-Rex. The T-Rex might be a huge predator, but the Raptor is a scary predator. I don't think it's going "small" by making a ride raptor based, especially since the climax of JPRA is of a T-Rex. Why not let the raptor shine as well?

Reactions: SkiBum
I would love to see JPRA with a refurb. During the ride when the gates open, I feel like it's a little anti climactic. They need to replant the whole area, add new AA's, and fix up the area before going up the hill.

I just feel a T-Rex isn't as scary as a Raptor is. Even in the movie, the climax is based on the Raptors and not the T-Rex. The T-Rex might be a huge predator, but the Raptor is a scary predator. I don't think it's going "small" by making a ride raptor based, especially since the climax of JPRA is of a T-Rex. Why not let the raptor shine as well?

Yeah, sneaky mean dinosaurs are definitely a little more scary than big thunder lizards. I just thought that the idea of being bumped would be fun. Plus, the "tour guide" could tell you to not move so as to not catch the T-Rex's eye and then something moves that sets him off. That's the only thing I thought was weird about the movie "Jurassic Park". I get that the focus was on the three raptors converging on the humans but how did the T-Rex sneak into the center without anyone, including the raptors, being tipped off? Was he walking on tip-toes?

Reactions: LJGonz

My wish list of course:

Mine Train coaster
Gyrosphere
I'd be cool with losing Camp Jurassic, the Discovery Center and the carnival games for all of this. Pair it with a Pteranodon-themed flat ride, a revamped JPRA and a Thunder Falls Terrace upgrade... it would easily be the best area in IOA

Universal isn't against it tho. They need nets because it's a hazard if anything flys off people's pockets. 2 out of 3 coasters have tracks over people.

Cannoe ride is almost the exact same thing as JPRA. It's a no go.

Those nets are the same reason why DC won't ever duel again.

I'd be cool with losing Camp Jurassic, the Discovery Center and the carnival games for all of this. Pair it with a Pteranodon-themed flat ride, a revamped JPRA and a Thunder Falls Terrace upgrade... it would easily be the best area in IOA

I like CJ, but it's gigantic. I think if you chop it in half and take out a lot of hidden areas like triceratops encounter that are hidden in the center of JP, there would be a ton of space to add a new attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.