Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 343 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep complaining about not wanting to get wet on RA when it’s by far the driest water ride at the park. I get that tourists don’t know this, but wetness really shouldn’t lessen a fan’s enjoyment of the attraction if you know your IOA.

People keep complaining about not wanting to get wet on RA when it’s by far the driest water ride at the park. I get that tourists don’t know this, but wetness really shouldn’t lessen a fan’s enjoyment of the attraction if you know your IOA.
I agreee I ride RA even when I probably shouldn’t get wet or don’t want to, because it’s a great ride. My complaint with this being a coaster and not a dark ride or even just “the mummy or gringotts” with dinosaurs is they’re adding a ride to a land that already shuts down with bad weather. They had a chance to add a great indoor ride to this land that would draw crowds year round and in all weather and I think that’s a missed opportunity, especially with a coaster going about 400 feet next door. Again.

Also I love coasters so bet I won’t ride this and the Potter coaster like 3 times a trip, I’ll just be wishing it had show scenes the whole time.

No theming makes me sad. Too great of an IP not to have some AAs or something out there.
No need to be sad- it’s all just speculation right now in terms of what is going there and it will likely change multiple times on the scale and type of coaster we are getting.
If it ends up even being a coaster...

What if the queue wrapped around the raptor paddock enclosure and every couple of mins. a raptor pokes his head out of the foliage and screams at folks waiting in line.

A dino scareactor, if you will.
That would be a brilliant idea!

Since you guys were talking about the raptors, I know probably wont happen, but it could be awesome if they did a B&M launched wing coaster, with the trains themed like the raptors. Then if it ever did change over to JW, they could have where Chris Prat is doing his thing with Blue and that big nasty dinosaur uses the raptor talk and you launch out and up thru the area. Prolly won't be that, but if I was in charge or something I would like it. Plus, the first B&M wing coaster in Florida and launches, I am sure ACE people and coaster fans would hopefully enjoy it. Just my lil creative mind went into action with the mention of the raptors.

Perhaps as a question, how possible could it be that Claire and Owen debut if River Adventure comes down for Jurassic World? The reason why I'm asking, is that it seems that Universal Japan has actually debuted the characters in designs similar to Fallen Kingdom's for Universal Spectacle.

It's something that is a thought, and that I could see it if it acts as a way to have them alongside the new Jurassic World content coming to UOR.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Perhaps as a question, how possible could it be that Claire and Owen debut if River Adventure comes down for Jurassic World? The reason why I'm asking, is that it seems that Universal Japan has actually debuted the characters in designs similar to Fallen Kingdom's for Universal Spectacle.

It's something that is a thought, and that I could see it if it acts as a way to have them alongside the new Jurassic World content coming to UOR.
They did have Ian Malcolm and John Hammond walk-around characters at IOA for a little while when the park first opened. I could see new characters debuting along with the change to the land, but again, after a couple years they'll probably fall away silently like their predecessors.

They did have Ian Malcolm and John Hammond walk-around characters at IOA for a little while when the park first opened. I could see new characters debuting along with the change to the land, but again, after a couple years they'll probably fall away silently like their predecessors.
You can see many of the old walk around characters in this video. This was transferred from a VHS tape soon after the park opened.

I know my IoA but I don't like walking around in wet clothing in the Florida humidity.
I think it's crazy that the only way to experience Jurassic Park, one of the most iconic movies of all time, is via water ride.

I know my IoA but I don't like walking around in wet clothing in the Florida humidity.
I think it's crazy that the only way to experience Jurassic Park, one of the most iconic movies of all time, is via water ride.
All because it was being planned to go in USF originally, where there wasn't yet a water ride. Then woops, they moved it to the cartoon park that already had two water rides in Toon Lagoon. Oh well.

it's only like $10 to get blow dried:whoo:which I never do. I have a cocktail in the sun at Confuicos.:cheers:

Reactions: Joel and Disneyhead
Whatever expansion is taking place it might be just a new attraction at JP and leave Jurassic World to a new park but we won’t know until later this year I guess. June 1st is construction time.

Status
Not open for further replies.